Options

Replies

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    alipsie19 wrote: »
    @OSUbuckeye906
    I'm a Wolverine fan, but, please beat Bama this year! :smile:
    Oh boy. I'd love nothing more than to crush the Crimson Tide...gotta focus on Clemson first though ;)

I'm afraid to say what team I support. Lol.

In awhile I'm gonna drive a mile to the little trail around the little lake and run a few laps around to get my "at least a mile" for day 11 of run streak. It's .4 mi around so maybe 3-4 laps.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    My Tracker crashed between the time I left home and got out of my truck to join the Sunday running group, so best guestimate based on time, temperature and wind is 5km.
    The cold weather that was forecast for Tuesday Wednesday, it arrived early.
    Woke up to -15C and 8-10cm of snow ( 5F and 4in snow ), Tuesday forecast is now -26C ( -15F ) and Wednesday a balmy -30C ( -22F ). As long as the wind is not howling I know that our dedicated core group will be out for a jaunt in the dark. Actually with all the Christmas lights and decorations it rather enjoyable in the evening. Still had our core group of 5 dedicated (crazies) runners show up today. We were all a little off schedule this morning so ended up running by myself but joined the group for Coffee after. I believe we actually are a Coffee Crew with a mild running problem.

December Running Goal 140km
    12/01–0.0 km –140km – 0 km – YTD 1210.5 km
    12/03–8.0 km –132km – 8 km
    12/04–5.0 km –127km – 13 km – YTD 1223.5 km

exercise.png
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    12/1 - 4.2 miles
    12/2 - rest
    12/3 - rest (too busy with kids' bday party!)
    12/4 - 4.32

Goal: 40 miles
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Rain stopped here in Dallas as I was contemplating bagging the run. Would love to say that I can pace perfectly, but that would be bunk! I was just running to the pace of my playlist. :smile:
    Now I have to go back out to get my other 7500 walking steps for that challenge.

@BEERRUNNER Have you noticed another "local"?

Hi @alipsie19 ! I'm in Southern Oklahoma, raised in the north Dallas area. Glad you made it to the running challenge!

Just noticed @Elise4270 ! Hi @alipsie19 !! I'm Lisa and I live in DFW but on the west side of 35W. ;) I'm running the HM in the Dallas marathon next Sunday.
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options

@greenolivetree Don't be afraid...I've lost on many a Sunday due to being a diehard Lions fan :smiley:

@RunsOnEspresso Texans try hard not to laugh at everyone else's weather too :smile:
  • BeeerRunner
    Options
    Question... I will be traveling up to the burbs of Chicago this week for work. The temps look like they will drop into the teens later this week. Any recommendations about what layers are good for that weather so I don't freeze my butt off?
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Just noticed @Elise4270 ! Hi @alipsie19 !! I'm Lisa and I live in DFW but on the west side of 35W. ;) I'm running the HM in the Dallas marathon next Sunday.

@BeeerRunner @alipsie19 Hi from another runner in the DFW area; The Colony to be exact, right in the corner where The Colony, Frisco, and Plano all come together.

02 - 11.77 miles
    03 - 5.39
    04 - 5.33

Total: 22.49 / 125
  • BeeerRunner
    edited December 2016
    Options
    December Running Challenge:

12/1: 4 miles, Body Pump, and yoga
    12/2: Yoga
    12/3: 8 miles
    12/4: 11 miles

MTD: 12 out of 115

2016 Races Completed:
    Buffalo Boogie (5K) May 7 – 23:42
    Marine Creek Trailhead Trot (5K) May 14 – 22:00
    Joe’s Run (10K) June 4 – 48:04
    Firecracker 5000 (5K) July 4 – 22:51
    XTERRA Jurassic Trail Run (15K at Night) July 16 – 1:32:05
    Clark Gardens I’m Only Half Crazy Half Marathon/5K (HM) Oct 1 – 1:48:21

Upcoming Races:
    BMW Dallas Marathon (HM) Dec 11
    Cowtown Marathon (Full) Feb 26

1 more week until my next HM! This will be my 1st really big race. Tested out the clothes I plan to wear and a new pair of sunglasses. I was a little chilly when heading into the wind but better than being hot. Who knows what the weather will actually be like, but the current forecast looks to be a tad warmer.

Hope everyone has a great week, and looks like my Packers pulled off their 2nd win in a row. :smiley:
  • OSUbuckeye906
    OSUbuckeye906 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    @OSUbuckeye906
    Oh boy. I'd love nothing more than to crush the Crimson Tide...gotta focus on Clemson first though ;)

In awhile I'm gonna drive a mile to the little trail around the little lake and run a few laps around to get my "at least a mile" for day 11 of run streak. It's .4 mi around so maybe 3-4 laps.

My competitive side loves a good college football matchup and I'll be cheering on my Buckeyes until the end, but it's all in good fun ;) (win or lose a rude fan is the worst kind, IMO). I can't remember exactly where you're from but I'm guessing you're either a Clemson or Bama fan?

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Question... I will be traveling up to the burbs of Chicago this week for work. The temps look like they will drop into the teens later this week. Any recommendations about what layers are good for that weather so I don't freeze my butt off?

@BeeerRunner That is a Loaded question that is hard to give a simple answer to since we all have a different concept of what is chilly and what is cold. As a Big Dude from Northern Canada I tend to be warm/hot when others are cold/chilly.
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    The cold weather that was forecast for Tuesday Wednesday, it arrived early. Woke up to -15C and 8-10cm of snow ( 5F and 4in snow ), Tuesday forecast is now -26C ( -15F ) and Wednesday a balmy -30C ( -22F ). As long as the wind is not howling I know that our dedicated core group will be out for a jaunt in the dark.
    On todays run I wore Mid-weight Windproof Tights and Light Weight Recreational Pants ( more personal modesty than necessity ) One light weight Tech Shirt and a mid weight Tech Shirt - both Long Sleeve. Wind Jacket, Toque and Gloves. Going into the wind it was perfect, wind at my back or side and I was actually overdressed. On Wednesday I will add a light weight Fleece top over the tech shirt as a 3rd layer and a fleece neck warmer.
    I guess the answer is Layers and Arm / Pit Zip Ventilators on your coat.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @OSUbuckeye906

My competitive side loves a good college football matchup and I'll be cheering on my Buckeyes until the end, but it's all in good fun ;) (win or lose a rude fan is the worst kind, IMO). I can't remember exactly where you're from but I'm guessing you're either a Clemson or Bama fan?

Nope, I'm an LSU fan living in Arkansas:-p

Got my 1.5 miles in. First mile I was thinking how am I gonna do this 28 more days?!

Question: Does wearing your watch under a jacket interfere with GPS signal? I thought the loop around the lake was always .4 but it registered as .5 today for 3 laps.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    12/1- 5.2 miles solo+ 0.8 miles with Stella
    12/2-4.4 AM miles (last 0.7 with Stella)
    12/3-11.2 miles
    12/4-6.2 miles
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Well, by the time I got home there was at least 4-5 inches of snow on the ground, and all the roads are terrible. I'm too afraid to try running in that much wet, slippery snow. And I don't want to drive to the gym on the crappy roads. And my usual Sunday night depression is kicking in. So it looks like I'll be staying in tonight. Maybe, if I get bored out of my mind I'll dare to drive to the gym. Blah. Winter has arrived.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    December Running Totals (miles)
    12/1 – 8.08 warmup + speed work
    12/2 – rest day
    12/3 – 10.13 warmup + 5K race + easy 30 minutes
    12/4 – 8.07 easy

December total to date – 26.28

Nominal Challenge Goal – 150 miles
    Real Goals: Finish transition to healthy running. Use Club Nationals as a learning experience on managing air travel to a race. Build a base toward Boston training. Avoid re-injury

Today's notes – Church this morning, then lunch with my daughter. We got chatting, and it was past 3:30 before I got out to run. On the bright side, the temperature was up to 39° F (4° C) by then, and the wind was negligible. I thought I might want to run 10 miles, since I didn't have a long run yesterday; but I wasn't brave enough to commit to a 10 mile loop. Instead, I chose a shorter route with options to add or cut distance after I saw how things went. My recovering Achilles briefly mentioned it wasn't 100% about mile 4, then was quiet until mile 6 or so. I ended up running a bit over 8 miles in a bit over an hour. Stretching and recovery went well.

I've done enough injury recovery by now that this is familiar. The ache is not serious, just a warning not to overdo things. 8 miles is the longest continual run I've done since Rochester, and today was not the day to try for 10 miles. The 10 mile run will come.

If there were no races on the horizon, I'd run 5 or 6 miles tomorrow. With Club Nationals next week, I'll take tomorrow as a rest day, do the light pre-race club workout on Tuesday, run my 5 to 6 miles on Wednesday, and travel on Thursday. Then I'll go with the flow. There will be many club members who have done this before, and I'm sure Coach will have a routine for us to follow on Friday and Saturday.

2016 races:
    January 1, 2016 Resolution Run 7.5 mile (Mendon, NY) finished in 53:58
    January 9, 2016 Winter Warrior Half Marathon (Gates, NY) finished in 1:30:59
    March 12, 2016 Johnny's Runnin' of the Green 5 mile (Rochester, NY) finished in 32:32
    March 26, 2016 Spring Forward Distance Run 15K (Mendon, NY) finished in 1:05:24
    April 18, 2016 Boston Marathon (Hopkinton, MA) finished in 3:23:01
    April 24, 2016 Flower City Challenge Half Marathon (Rochester, NY) finished in 1:36:50, targeting MP
    May 15, 2016 Highland Hospital Lilac Run 10K (Rochester, NY) DNS - injury
    June 19, 2016 Medved 5K to Cure ALS (Rochester, NY) DNS - recovering from face plant
    July 16, 2016 Shoreline Half Marathon (Hamlin, NY) finished in 1:31:11
    August 13, 2016 Bergen Road Race 5K (Bergen, NY) finished in 19:07 (5K PR)
    September 4, 2016 Oak Tree Half Marathon (Geneseo, NY) finished in 1:31:37
    September 18, 2016 Rochester Marathon (Rochester, NY) DNF a mile from finish
    October 15, 2016 Finish Strong 15K (Hilton, NY) DNS – Achilles tendonitis
    October 22, 2016 Scare Brain Cancer Away 5K (East Rochester, NY) DNS – Achilles tendonitis
    November 24, 2016 Race with Grace 10K (Hilton, NY) finished in 42:38, First Senior (60+) Male
    December 3, 2016 Freezeroo #1 (Don Curran Memorial 5K) (Gates, NY) finished in 20:06
    December 10, 2016 USATF National Club Cross Country Championships 8K (Tallahassee, FL)

2017 races:
    January 1, 2017 Freezeroo #2 (Resolution Run 7.5 mile) (Mendon, NY)
    January 7, 2017 Winter Warrior Half Marathon (Gates, NY)
    January 14, 2017 Freezeroo #3 (Pineway Ponds Park 5 mile) (Spencerport, NY)
    January 28, 2017 Freezeroo #4 (Hearnish 5 mile) (Victor, NY)
    February 11, 2017 Freezeroo #5 (Valentines Run "In Memory of Tom Brannon" 8 Mile) (Greece, NY)
    February 25, 2017 Freezeroo #6 (White House Challenge 10K) (Webster, NY)
    April 17, 2017 Boston Marathon (Hopkinton, MA)

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »

@BeeerRunner @alipsie19 Hi from another runner in the DFW area; The Colony to be exact, right in the corner where The Colony, Frisco, and Plano all come together.

Welcome welcome welcome! Maybe we'll RUN into each other at a race or two!

• Elise4270
    Options
    Getfitat54 wrote: »
    It was cold and wet..... 49 degrees, windy, and rainy... only got 1.09

Better than nothing. Way to get out there!

Hot Chocolate went as I hoped. I wanted to avg 11:30. Hit just below that, despite only getting about 3 hours sleep and not wanting to go. I debated wearing my jacket. It was cool waiting so I went with it but half way through I regretted the decision. I need to remember that sometimes you have to tough out the cold, for Arizona because I'm sure you all would have laughed at us. :p

Congratulations on the hot chocolate run! No sleep? Ugh!

Thanks! I had some weird insomnia last night. It seems to happen once a year about this time. Usually, I just have trouble falling/staying asleep. I prefer that to the insomnia stuff.

I use to fall asleep no problem and sleep all night. I guess hormones are changing (with some aches and pains) and I can't sleep for poop now. Everything wakes me up!

We did the dallas hot chocolate last year. It was cold cold cold! I can't have too much chocolate, but it was fun!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @OSUbuckeye906

Aw come on! I like um.... I guess Notre Dame, but home team is North Texas (Alma mater).

NFL? Dang sucky chargers are the team I'll always root for, no matter how bad they are.

See you can like a horrible team! Haha! MEAN JOE GREEN!
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome welcome! Maybe we'll RUN into each other at a race or two
    I see what you did there!