December 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @karllundy the Cloudventures are a neutral shoe with a 6mm drop. So far that's their only trail shoe (also made in midtop and with a waterproof upper). They make a few different road shoes. Swiss company, made in Vietnam.

The laces are thin and I'm not sure if I like that. They tighten easily but it's hard to hold the tension as you tie them. They're also really long. May do some double threading to solve the problem.

Other than that, I love 'em! When I run it almost feels like there's nothing on my feet, even though they're nearly the same weight as my other trail shoes
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    alipsie19 wrote: »
    @Virkati -Good luck!!
    @ everyone else - Please be careful out there. I get worried when I hear my friends are getting injured.
    @ those in North Texas - Remember that we have the worst drivers in the country. It's going to be a cold, wet week.

I'm going to challenge you on the worst drivers part. Phoenix always makes those lists. And if it's raining? Forget about it...
  • 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    1/12 C210K W10 D2: 2.3
    2/12 Rest
    3/12 C210K W10 D3: 3.7
    4/12 Rest
    5/12 C210K W11 D1: 3.8

9.8 miles

exercise.png
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    @Azercord
    Sounds good. Signed up for the 9-11 so we'll see.

Thanks everyone for all for the clothing suggestions. I know I'll eventually need some. And recovery tights? Gonna have to do some research; things have certainly changed in the last 10 years :smile:
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @OSUbuckeye906
    I'm a Wolverine fan, but, please beat Bama this year! :smile:
    Oh boy. I'd love nothing more than to crush the Crimson Tide...gotta focus on Clemson first though ;)

I'm afraid to say what team I support. Lol.

In awhile I'm gonna drive a mile to the little trail around the little lake and run a few laps around to get my "at least a mile" for day 11 of run streak. It's .4 mi around so maybe 3-4 laps.

My competitive side loves a good college football matchup and I'll be cheering on my Buckeyes until the end, but it's all in good fun ;) (win or lose a rude fan is the worst kind, IMO). I can't remember exactly where you're from but I'm guessing you're either a Clemson or Bama fan?

Nope, I'm an LSU fan living in Arkansas:-p

Got my 1.5 miles in. First mile I was thinking how am I gonna do this 28 more days?!

Question: Does wearing your watch under a jacket interfere with GPS signal? I thought the loop around the lake was always .4 but it registered as .5 today for 3 laps.

@karllundy I slipped it in and I guess nobody noticed. LOL

Okay, I'm a total idiot. Got to work and realized I do not have a banquet tonight, I have a banquet tomorrow night. So tomorrow's afternoon 3 miler is now moved to 6am :( I'm not into morning running right now like I was in summer. But I'll do it ;)

@virkati Hope you get the job!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @OSUbuckeye906
    Oh boy. I'd love nothing more than to crush the Crimson Tide...gotta focus on Clemson first though ;)

In awhile I'm gonna drive a mile to the little trail around the little lake and run a few laps around to get my "at least a mile" for day 11 of run streak. It's .4 mi around so maybe 3-4 laps.

My competitive side loves a good college football matchup and I'll be cheering on my Buckeyes until the end, but it's all in good fun ;) (win or lose a rude fan is the worst kind, IMO). I can't remember exactly where you're from but I'm guessing you're either a Clemson or Bama fan?

Okay, I'm a total idiot. Got to work and realized I do not have a banquet tonight, I have a banquet tomorrow night. So tomorrow's afternoon 3 miler is now moved to 6am :( I'm not into morning running right now like I was in summer. But I'll do it ;)

I noticed that you were an LSU fan. I headed out to a dentist appointment today, only to get there and find out that it's tomorrow. :wink:
  • greenolivetree
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @OSUbuckeye906

I noticed that you were an LSU fan. I headed out to a dentist appointment today, only to get there and find out that it's tomorrow. :wink:

Well, now I don't feel so bad ;) and I just had another moment and remembered I was told I could leave work early because of the banquet. So do I want to get off work and run between 3-4pm and then have to shower??? Decisions, decisions..... This may get decided at 5:30am tomorrow!
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    @greenolivetree
    6am is early, I'd opt for the afternoon.
  • greenolivetree
    Options
    @greenolivetree

Okay, that's 1 vote :-D I'm torn between getting it over with early, or getting some sunshine in later. It's been dreary lately.
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @greenolivetree

Okay, that's 1 vote :-D I'm torn between getting it over with early, or getting some sunshine in later. It's been dreary lately.

Also vote for afternoon - will give you a nice endorphin lift and chance to freshen up before your evening, rather than potentially being tired from the early start!
  • greenolivetree
    Options
    dkabambe wrote: »
    @greenolivetree

Also vote for afternoon - will give you a nice endorphin lift and chance to freshen up before your evening, rather than potentially being tired from the early start!

I'm liking how y'all are thinking. And Wednesday I'll HAVE to get in a mile early, so I think Tues afternoon is the way to go.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Depression is definitely back. I blame the winter weather. It's been a good year since the depression has been this bad. Regular exercise had been doing a good job of keeping it from flaring up, but now it appears as though the depression has learned how to get around the endorphins. Feh. That's how it usually is... I'll find something that helps for a while, but then the depression always comes back after a time.

I don't plan to stop running, even though it's making me want to quit. The times when I am running are the few times when I actually feel okay. I did have a brief respite on Saturday when I was having fun making gingerbread houses and roasting marshmallows in the fire pit with my son. That was before the snowstorm.

I have an appointment with a new therapist tomorrow. I usually don't get much out of therapy, but I figured I'd give it another go.

Next time I have time to go out during the day and there's a lot of snow, I will definitely try walking instead @7lenny7. Luckily for me, the parking lot at work was plowed enough that I could get in a walk on my lunch break. Or as my Garmin now calls it, a "hike." I like the term "hike" a lot better than "walk." Makes it sound more rugged.

Anyway... sorry to keep going on about the depression, but it's a HUGE part of my life, and well, I really don't have anyone else to talk to. :smile:
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty I'm with you on the winter blues. I live in a dessert for a reason, I did two winters up in Alaska and was completely done in, depression through the roof, but I'm better now. I get a little blue in the winter but then I hide next to a space heater for a bit and feel a little better. We are all here for you if you need, vent here, send us a pm and vent, make a big Skype group and then let it out, we are here for you whatever the need.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    12/1 - 4 - lazy
    12/5 - 3 miles

3 out of 100 miles

exercise.png

@respectthekitty we are all here for you, talk about whatever you want. Hopefully your new therapist will be one who can help you. Hugs
    @kristinegift great picture
    @ddmom0811 ouch on the slip

Crap I had all these notes written down on what I wanted to say to who and now I can't find it on my desk ha ha I hope it didn't make it way into some report I gave to someone
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    @Virkati -Good luck!!
    @ everyone else - Please be careful out there. I get worried when I hear my friends are getting injured.
    @ those in North Texas - Remember that we have the worst drivers in the country. It's going to be a cold, wet week.

I'm going to challenge you on the worst drivers part. Phoenix always makes those lists. And if it's raining? Forget about it...

I would like to add Chicago to that list of worst drivers. Every time I drive it makes me want to road rage.
  • greenolivetree
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty Feel free to share anytime <3

@showjumper Welcome and I also wish I could donate my fat to some poor unfortunate person trying to gain weight.

@skippygirlsmom Hmm.... that could be interesting reading if you did turn in your notes with a report :)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @greenolivetree that's for sure. I still can't find it. Old age !