Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

One of the most debated topics: Starvation Mode

Options

Replies

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Debated where? At MFP its mostly scoffed at. In real life, when I hear it mentioned at all, its done so in passing. Usually the person saying it goes back to eating they way they always have.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    CipherZero wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    There is debate though. I personally don't have an opinion but I see a lot of people who think it's a real thing.

If someone wants to believe that the calories in broken oreos don't count because the calories leak out, I'm more than willing to let them.

Simply because someone believes a thing doesn't mean it's worth one second of my time to refute it.

You are bordering on heresy. The broken articles theory permeates to Doritos and Pringles as well.

It is known Khaleesi.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    There is debate though. I personally don't have an opinion but I see a lot of people who think it's a real thing.

If someone wants to believe that the calories in broken oreos don't count because the calories leak out, I'm more than willing to let them.

Simply because someone believes a thing doesn't mean it's worth one second of my time to refute it.

brb snapping all my oreos in half

Also - anything eaten while standing up doesn't count because the effort of standing negates the calories.

Therefore, broken cookies eaten while standing are negative calorie foods.

Would that also apply to broken peanut M&Ms? :flushed:
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

brb snapping all my oreos in half

Also - anything eaten while standing up doesn't count because the effort of standing negates the calories.

Therefore, broken cookies eaten while standing are negative calorie foods.

That's where I've been going wrong! I need to stand up when I eat. :D
  • 11babyblues11
    11babyblues11 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Would that also apply to broken peanut M&Ms? :flushed:

And does it count if I break them with my teeth? :smiley:
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    well dam, now I want popcorn...with butter
  • coleg04
    coleg04 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    To believe in starvation mode you have to have no understanding of biology. I use the word "believe" as there is nothing more to this. You can certainly choose to believe in starvation mode, but you would still be wrong.

There is an increasing sector of the population that has no idea how to properly source information and don't understand scientific method enough to understand what information is provable/reproducible and what is not. Most cannot look outside themselves to even entertain the notion that they could be wrong. The process never moves beyond - I skipped McDonalds this week and I gained weight - so starvation mode is real!

perfect