Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

One of the most debated topics: Starvation Mode

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
edited December 2016 in Debate Club
Does it exist? Is it only for those truly starving or do you think more research needs to be done?
Do you think weight stalls and the body can stop losing weight after only a few weeks of eating less than necessary or exercising too hard?

I really am not sure how I feel about this. I have experienced a time where I was stalled, raised my calories for a day or two, lowered them and then my weight dropped at the normal rate again... Also, zig-zagging my calories seemed to help a lot. It could have just been water weight and a coincidence, so I am open minded on this topic. Share your thoughts. Including anything on how this relates to ketoacidosis.

Replies

• Verity1111
    Options
    There is debate though. I personally don't have an opinion but I see a lot of people who think it's a real thing.
  • Verity1111
    edited December 2016
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    On your last thread you did not appear to understand water weight fluctuation- that it's perfectly normal and doesn't have anything to do with weight loss. That's OK- not everyone does- but now you want to debate this? You might want to look in the stickies or do a search for previous threads on your topics of interest. :)

First of all I do understand water fluctuation. I was asking how to combat it (get the water to fall off quicker)
  • Verity1111
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    stir%20the%20pot.gif

Isnt that the point of the debate forum? Lol
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Just go and ask all the obese starving people in Third World Countries................. Oh wait.

lol thats funny in a morbid way...
  • Verity1111
    edited December 2016
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    SideSteel wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    There is debate though. I personally don't have an opinion but I see a lot of people who think it's a real thing.

I know people who believe in chemtrails, and there are people who believe the moon landing never happened. It's pretty hard to debate derp.

There was just a long thread about homeopathic medicine in another subforum, which is some of the derpiest derp that ever did derp. But you can't debate with a True Believer because their mind is already made up and they'll just ignore the volumes of established science which say otherwise.

Users who liked this post also liked:

1) Pizza
    2) Squats
    3) All sort of other awesome stuff

And taking Lipitor pills to lower their cholesterol.

What is a lipitor pill.... :/ *google.com*
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »

I know people who believe in chemtrails, and there are people who believe the moon landing never happened. It's pretty hard to debate derp.

There was just a long thread about homeopathic medicine in another subforum, which is some of the derpiest derp that ever did derp. But you can't debate with a True Believer because their mind is already made up and they'll just ignore the volumes of established science which say otherwise.

The bolded...EXACTLY!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    make popcorn. with butter and loads of salt.

you have the right idea.. been thinking this since 8:00 p.m. last night.