The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• dragonghost
    dragonghost Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good morning an happy Tuesday MFP i hope every one has a pleasant stress free day.
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday. Treadmill run later today (I see no need to acclimate to running in a pot of hot soup) and Yoga tonight. Hoping to make this day the best day ever. Carpe diem.
  • crd262
    crd262 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow mid-lifers! I'm a newbie here, looking for some folks who can relate to my fitness issues, maybe offer occasional advice and a kind word of support here and there, and sometimes commiserate (what in the heck happened to my metabolism???). Getting old sucks. Thoughts?
  • crymil1227
    crymil1227 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all! We survived Monday! Today started well, got to the gym and body pump class and a 25 min walk as well! Today at work is our Annual Corn Roast day! (I live in Iowa we love our corn LOL) I love this day everyone is happy and enjoying corn on the cob as well as burgers and hot dogs. So I will do my best to stay on plan but i must have an ear of corn!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Restart number 463. Started back on the 5 x 5 lifting program yesterday and cardio this morning. I will be 43 in little over a month and I really want to change and be the best middle aged man I can be. Life is hard...
  • tomrod129
    tomrod129 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    38 and ready to crush it
  • 4StephD
    4StephD Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just turned 44. I have always been on the heavier side but I don't want to be anymore. The last few years I have felt horrible and know that I have to take control of my life. I lived my 20's and 30's for my daughter. She is grown now and the rest of my life is for me! I want to go out and enjoy all life has to offer me so I am starting this today. The more friends I make along the way will only make this journey better. Add me!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Treadmill run later today (I see no need to acclimate to running in a pot of hot soup) and Yoga tonight.

Hahaha, love that image!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    crymil1227 wrote: »
    Good Morning all! We survived Monday! Today started well, got to the gym and body pump class and a 25 min walk as well! Today at work is our Annual Corn Roast day! (I live in Iowa we love our corn LOL) I love this day everyone is happy and enjoying corn on the cob as well as burgers and hot dogs. So I will do my best to stay on plan but i must have an ear of corn!

Nothing beats Iowa corn on the cob! :D
  • Janine6140
    Janine6140 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    'Fit by 51' is my goal. I tried 'Fit by 50' but it passed me by. I'm more motivated this time - MFP and MapMyRun are my new best friends 😁
  • Janine6140
    Janine6140 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good Monday to all of you in "The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)" group

What are your fitness related goals this week?

I'm getting back to basics - 1) Tracking Daily and 2) Strength Training / Exercise 4 days this week (I got Day-1 yesterday).

A day late but here I am! My goal this week is to run/walk the equivalent of a marathon. My training plan is running 2 miles and doing body weight exercises every other day, then at least 5 mile dog walk on the other days to get my min of 10k steps. 'Fit by 51' is my long term goal, I tried 'Fit by 50' but it somehow passed me by. I've already lost 10lb in 40 days and body shape is changing for the better 😁
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sit at a desk for 10-12 hrs a day staring at excel spreadsheets makes my eyes and butt hurt...
  • gstaubs1
    gstaubs1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Heyo age 42 joined MFP a few weeks ago. So glad I did what a great experience. I have lost 7.6 lbs and I am so happy :) Add me if u like I have no friends lol. Much Love
  • Ron1n
    Ron1n Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey all, fiddy-five here and just getting back in to it since heart surgery 6 weeks ago. Good diet and brisk walks at the moment. :) I see a couple of marathons in my future ...
  • dhemp11
    dhemp11 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    32 NC/VA
  • dhemp11
    dhemp11 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    32 NC/VA
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps. Happy Humpday. 👋
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day all you M agers . Looking to get in a ride today .Pretty hot here today in the Northeast. GoI'd luck all
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yay for Wednesday. Very good treadmill run yesterday and I think I finally see real progress in my running. It's nowhere near the pace of you "younger" middle agers, but when compared only to myself, it's lightning fast. Today will be easy cardio, maybe elliptical, and a Vinyasa Yoga class tonight. Really REALLY looking forward to the Fall. Carpe diem!