The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• matthewreiser
    matthewreiser Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, and congratulations on making it this far!

I'm a swimmer/cyclist in Los Angeles, seeking best ways to lose fat, and I currently...
    Lift 60-90 minutes/week.
    Swim 2 miles/week in lap pool.
    Cycle 50 miles/week at beach/mountains.
    BMI=25; Age 53; 6'8"; Happily married.

Overall goal: Stay active/young/fit.
    Mission: Lose 20 pounds in 3 months starting... now!
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Good morning! Sleep was poop last night. I hope you all have a great day today!

omg I saw poop as I glanced at this and thought wow we really did become old we're discussing bowel movements. have a happy Thursday
    LOL! You have a happy Thursday too!

• mary70
    mary70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! Newly re-engaged long time MFP member here. 48, need to lose about 40 lbs. All of the people I had originally connected with seem to no longer be active. Could use some friends that are interested in encouragement and following this journey with support. Add me!
  • amiskell28
    amiskell28 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @mary70 I'll send you an invite! 44 years young, about 35 lbs from goal, determined this time!
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    38 and soooo far away from my goals 😔
  • dukeingram
    dukeingram Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Im 40. Feel free to ad me.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Sleep was poop last night. I hope you all have a great day today!

Good morning ... that is so awesome! LOL
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone, and have an awesome weekend!
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday! Doing anything fun this weekend?
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Taking the kiddos and their friends out for movies on Saturday.
  • WHODAT2019
    WHODAT2019 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...need some accountability!! BEING SKINNY IS BETTER THAN CAKE!!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Hooray for Friday!!! We have a party to attend tomorrow so that will be fun cause I get to wear my leopard heels. Should be lots of fun. Today will start with figures class at the rink hooray
  • time4thebell
    time4thebell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm looking to add positive, encouraging friends who don't mind if I share more than just my diet and exercise, or lack there of! lol I want friends who engage and are honest about their journey. I'd like to drop about 10-15 pounds, but more importantly just tone up and look good overall. Feel free to add me! ♥
  • mdj090167
    mdj090167 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, 51 looking for friends, 26 lbs to go and I don't want to connect with my husband as he he eats chips and cocktails with no gain . I workout 5 days and day 3 of watching my diet and water with the app. Fitness Pal saved me years ago!
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi M'agers! I've been away from this group for a while. I let a busy life with kids involved in many sports/social activities get in the way of taking care of myself. I decided to join a challenge group on MFP and am trying to be more active with the social side, not just tracking. This week has been great. I'm finding that being connected with others here is helping me tremendously. I don't accept friend requests simply because I don't post on my wall. I am enjoying interacting in my new group and hoping to be more active in here as well. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday my fellow middle agers. Hope y'all had a productive week and have a great weekend ahead.
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm looking to add positive, encouraging friends who don't mind if I share more than just my diet and exercise, or lack there of! lol I want friends who engage and are honest about their journey. I'd like to drop about 10-15 pounds, but more importantly just tone up and look good overall. Feel free to add me! ♥

Yeah, I often tend to share too much stuff too. :smiley:

I also tend to have the lack thereof when it comes to a proper diet.
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    emtpchris wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I am 50 years old and I weigh 250 I am long-term trying to lose 80 pounds to get down to 170 as I am 5'8" but in the very immediate future I am quickly trying to get down to 230 to get breast reduction surgery before my medical insurance deductible renews in July... I have been going between 240 and 250 for about 2 months now... I just can't seem to get off this plateau... I go to the gym fairly regularly and do the stationary bike for 30 minutes with increasing resistance because I have orthostatic problems. However, recently as of today, I am working on getting on the treadmill and working up to walking a mile a day. Today I walked for 10 minutes and got a third of a mile. Tomorrow I am going to half a mile or more, I know I could walk the full mile just not at the pace of 2 miles per hour... my son has told me that I never commit to anything so today I quit smoking and started on the treadmill and I will keep committed to those two things for him... because he is disabled and needs a healthy mom. He is right. What he doesn't know is that my self-esteem is bottomed out and I need to work on that and then committing to things will be a lot easier. So, that is my story. it is nice to meet everyone, is there anyone who has a lot of weight to lose too and wants to partner with me and be accountable to each other? I think that would help a lot... I am a really nice encouraging person so don't be afraid to say hi everyone!
    Sincerely,
    Christine

You got this Chris, just take it one day at a time and one pound at a time. Don't try and do too much at one time.

Have a great day,
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Happy Friday middle agers. :)

Have started up running a bit more frequently again, which makes me very happy.
    The weekend is here and I have a date with my granddaughters tonight then it is off to the city for some volunteer training.
    Have a great weekend everyone.