The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    middle ager still here...*GULP*
    hitting 46 in a 2 mnths...
    just a number..right??!!

Kim
  • WitchyWoman7676
    WitchyWoman7676 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just looking for some friends, advice and support on my weight loss journey once again!
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    middle ager still here...*GULP*
    hitting 46 in a 2 mnths...
    just a number..right??!!

Kim

Damn right it's just a number, gone past 52 a couple of months ago and have not felt better about myself in a few years.
    Just face the number head on and tell it that it means nothing unless you say it does, it's what I do and works for me.
  • Craig_King_1967
    Options
    Hi! Just looking for some friends, advice and support on my weight loss journey once again!

Happy to add you as a friend, always looking for more to help out on this journey.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    How is everyone's day going? It's my day off today, so I've been doing some resting. I did get grocery shopping done and had coffee with my Mom. I hope it's going well for you!
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Oh snap a forum for old people :P Now I won't feel so bad when I make jokes about being a remote control when I was a kid! Also hi2u.
  • carolsuedibble
    carolsuedibble Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am 43 and trying Keto. I am starting to food and fitness track on here. I have health issues and weight to lose.
  • Craig_King_1967
    Options
    Oh snap a forum for old people :P Now I won't feel so bad when I make jokes about being a remote control when I was a kid! Also hi2u.

Old !! :(
  • sparkyvenkman
    Options
    My apologies, it's usually the term that I get hung with. I'm usually the most seasoned person in the group. Not too many middle agers where I end up. Nice to not be the only one this time around. :)
  • bamamom02
    bamamom02 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My apologies, it's usually the term that I get hung with. I'm usually the most seasoned person in the group. Not too many middle agers where I end up. Nice to not be the only one this time around. :)

Lol--just teasing! 😁
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

I call myself old all the time cause I am and I'm proud that I don't look as old as that number indicates. As someone, much older, told me the other day he's sure they wrote down the wrong date on his birth certificate.
  • fleeterflyer
    fleeterflyer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm usually the most seasoned person in the group. Not too many middle agers where I end up.

I work in physical therapy. At 42 I'm the second oldest person working in my office. everyone else is in their mid-twenties!

• sparkyvenkman
    Options
    I hit 40 in June. I'm weirdly ready and scared at the same time!
  • Craig_King_1967
    Options
    Just turned 52 in January , everyone else in the office is 35 or less so bit of a father figure around here.
  • bamamom02
    bamamom02 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

I've got more than a decade on you--I turned 50 last November.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Ok I am almost there 48 . I have not checked this post out in a bit .hope all are doing well!!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Doing well hope everyone’s day was well spent
  • Sun1love1975
    Sun1love1975 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! Looking for accountability friends that are my age. I’m 43 and need to get back on track! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • smcgrath45
    smcgrath45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am 43 and trying Keto. I am starting to food and fitness track on here. I have health issues and weight to lose.

I'm trying it again. 3rd day. I first tried it in December and it worked but I found it too restrictive. I also did not eat enough and didn't feel well. I lasted a week and a half. I'm back but eating more. It's still tough and restrictive but I've been doing my own thing for 3 years now and it's not working. I'm going to be 47 and I don't want another summer hating myself.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

OMG you're a baby. I'll be 46 in June. Are you a gemini?