The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• DebraW70
    DebraW70 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today I worked on meal menu for next week. I get groceries every two weeks so going to use what i have left for this week which is all healthy items Thank Goodness! Next week i am going to move towards the Mediterranean lifestyle and do an 8 week challenge and see how it goes. I am not a fish/seafood eater at all and i only eat chicken once no more than twice a week cause of cost. I think i will be fine cause the recipes look very appealing. I hbe always found menu planning and prepping helpful to keep me on track. Logging food and measuring out i have never done but staying positive about that as well. Enjoy your Sunday evenings!!!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    LilyDaySpa wrote: »
    nydakqx4lo27.jpeg

Morning workout done. Happy Saturday everyone! #legday

Good job!
  • JustKeepTryingNeverGiveUp
    Options
    Tomorrow is Monday, spent the whole weekend eating Hurricane snacks and watching movies. Maybe next weekend will be more exciting 😂
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is Monday, spent the whole weekend eating Hurricane snacks and watching movies. Maybe next weekend will be more exciting 😂

Why/ Were you in the path of a hurricane? Best of luck, and wishing you safe days ahead.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    jfdi6960 wrote: »
    I’ve just started watching Stranger Things series 1[/quote
    That’s on my must-see Iist next!😊
    Just finishing up Animal Kingdom which is amazing!!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    What about those in mid 20s 💔😥

Wellllll, unless you plan on dying in your 40’s you’re not quite middle aged yet. Any college or daycare groups you could join?🤷‍♀️😁
  • csmcozart
    csmcozart Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 44yrs old, hit the gym on weekdays, and like to be outdoors on Sundays. After moving to the Reno, NV area, I've developed a passion is hiking. I'm always looking for friends for mutual motivation and accountability.
  • Twitterpatedmama
    Twitterpatedmama Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, 44 & Here we go!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,188 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, age 50 living in Australia, I did well for a few months but then I did a bit of backsliding for a few months! Getting serious again now. Feel free to add me.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends....Lets all have a great week!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Morning all.

A major downside of my floor move has just revealed itself. I no longer have access to a good coffee machine :(.

I think I need to start bringing in a Thermos. I could go for Americanos from the cafe, but they are not that nice and quite expensive.
  • LovePositivity
    LovePositivity Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The scale was depressing on Saturday morning. Gained two lbs last week despite
    Feeling like I ate better.

I switched my mindset to focusing on smaller goals like losing 20lbs in the next two or three months instead of focusing on the whole 110lbs I actually need to lose. Hopefully this works. Also going to lower my calories to 1900 if possible and see where I go from that. Currently feel like 2600 is too much.
  • beauteeousness_365
    beauteeousness_365 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow that’s awesome
  • LovePositivity
    LovePositivity Posts: 20 Member
    Options

ccorlew08 wrote: »
    Wow that’s awesome

Thank you! It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. My addiction was really bad too. I was consuming probably 200 to 300oz of soda per day lol. Hardly anything else was drank.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Middle Agers
    While the scale isn't moving I know my latest fitness kick is working since I am seeing muscles I forgot I had. Means the layer of fluff is melting away
    Less than 2 weeks to my vacation and we've an appointment this week for my son and one next week for my shoulder. I've told my mom i'll take her for lunch on Thursday. It's busy....I need to figure out when i'll pack I guess....have a great week
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    While the scale isn't moving I know my latest fitness kick is working since I am seeing muscles I forgot I had. Means the layer of fluff is melting away
    Less than 2 weeks to my vacation and we've an appointment this week for my son and one next week for my shoulder. I've told my mom i'll take her for lunch on Thursday. It's busy....I need to figure out when i'll pack I guess....have a great week

So glad to hear you are making progress.
    This is the type of progress I’m looking for.
    I’m not really needing to lose anymore weight, but I could do without the fluff....
    I hope you have a great week and all your appointments and lunch go well.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    yogidani77 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »

So glad to hear you are making progress.
    This is the type of progress I’m looking for.
    I’m not really needing to lose anymore weight, but I could do without the fluff....
    I hope you have a great week and all your appointments and lunch go well.

Lots of good info about recomposition in this thread. Might be useful for you ladies.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Guess who forgot to wear sunscreen on her run today and now has rosey shoulders??? You'd think a middle ager would know better