The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Goooooood morning all. *kitten* smacks and vitamins for everyone
  • cymande1961
    cymande1961 Posts: 45 Member
    I would join but I'm leaving my 50's in 2 months =) So since y'all are middle age (especially all you still lucky enough to be in your 30's) am I just old? :D
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I would join but I'm leaving my 50's in 2 months =) So since y'all are middle age (especially all you still lucky enough to be in your 30's) am I just old? :D

Some in this group are in their 30's. Others think we're still in our 30's, but our bodies remind us we're not. 😂
    Welcome!

Morning Jenni 🤗
    82raoo8jn134.jpg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Some in this group are in their 30's. Others think we're still in our 30's, but our bodies remind us we're not. 😂
    Welcome!

Morning Jenni 🤗
    82raoo8jn134.jpg

Haha! Morning Jo. The sun is starting to set here. Long/busy day. Glad you're feeling better. I hope you have a great Thursday! 🤗

Thanks Jenni 🤗
    The sun is out here but there is no real warmth in it. Winter is definitely here 🥶
    Hope you have a great Wednesday 🤗😄
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Hope everyone had a great weekend. Did you know A survey of 17,000 people across 28 countries found that after marriage, the amount of time a man spends doing chores on a weekly basis decreases significantly?

I'm gonna go ahead and get married.

They obviously surveyed my husband!
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member

I still feel like I'm in my 30s, does that count. Only difference is that I don't have the options I had when I was 30! Turns out nobody invented a time machine yet either.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning! Getting closer too the weekend!
  • KillaRockin
    KillaRockin Posts: 12 Member
    36 here, feel free to add me. I love cycling, HIIT workouts and too much sugar hence joining here today after many years away from MFP and looking to lose a few stone now.
  • shcurran6480
    shcurran6480 Posts: 16 Member
    Looking for some new friends to stay on track
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    Happy Friday folks!!!
  • SLuv0710
    SLuv0710 Posts: 26 Member
    Ok...went on vacation, came back and didn't see the couple pound come off that I was hoping for. Really, I'd like to lose 10-15 pounds or 3% body fat.

So, I'm posting this week's goals. Anyone care to share their goal?

In addition to continuing to log food daily, I will limit alcohol to 2 days and strength train 3 days (MWF).
  • kdroberts1
    kdroberts1 Posts: 181 Member
    Happy Father’s Day to all the dads here!! 💕💕
  • penelopepadmore
    penelopepadmore Posts: 1 Member
    Hello. I live in Phoenix, AZ. I'm 54, used to be really active, but after injuries, illnesses and bad habits caught up with me, I find I really need to change how I'm living my life. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    SLuv0710 wrote: »
    Ok...went on vacation, came back and didn't see the couple pound come off that I was hoping for. Really, I'd like to lose 10-15 pounds or 3% body fat.

So, I'm posting this week's goals. Anyone care to share their goal?

In addition to continuing to log food daily, I will limit alcohol to 2 days and strength train 3 days (MWF).

I'll join in & good luck with your goals this wk!

I'm still recovering from many months of long-term sleep deprivation to the point that I couldn't tell if I were awake or dreaming & could barely get out of bed for the last 6-mos. But, I have felt "back to normal" for 2-days & rested/strong enough that tomorrow begins low level exercise again. I've had a couple of false starts, so want to avoid a fallback again... so, am taking it ever-so-slowly.

I'm not looking at what I can't do or what I used to do (I normally have the energy of a 5-yr old gymnast on a recess candy rush), but what I can do to slowly build stamina wk by wk. If I need to drop off some activity, I'll adjust. I'd rather finish feeling I could do more, than barely be able to make it back to my front door & having to fall into bed for hours.

My plan is to spend the rest of June-July not pushing myself to my limit, but doing a minimal amount, just to build muscle memory, flexibility & casual strength. Workouts will hopefully begin in Sept-Oct, when it cools off in SoFL, but that's far off. I'm more interested in just walking, so if I have to drop everything else & just walk, I will.

To start this week, 2-3 days/wk (in a 7-day period)...
    Walking 1-mi
    20-min of light stretching
    15-min mild arm exercises with bands

That's all for now. Even if I can do more, I won't. Don't wanna relapse.

For diet, I have 20-lbs to lose & have kept to 1,200-cal/day, so will no doubt see modest weight loss by end of July. I'll weigh myself daily, as per usual, but my goal isn't weight loss just now... it's just to get back to being a functioning person... I need to get a job asap.

I don't do sugar or junk & have cut out IPAs until Christmas. Fruit will be my "cheat & treat".

:)
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    Have a great Monday folks.
  • BraydanTaffy
    Have a great Monday folks.

You, too. First day of summer.
  • SLuv0710
    SLuv0710 Posts: 26 Member
    Good luck this week @BraydanTaffy !!!
  • livingde3dgurl_Bel
    livingde3dgurl_Bel Posts: 11 Member
    44 from Aus. New and not sure how these communities work yet.
  • BraydanTaffy
    SLuv0710 wrote: »
    Good luck this week @BraydanTaffy !!!

TY & BTW, I wanted to Hug last night & accidentally Disagreed. My bad... just changed it.

Have a wonderful week!