The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• HaFrMaZo
    HaFrMaZo Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon I'm 38 do I qualify for this chat?
  • SoonerFanForLife
    SoonerFanForLife Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good morning all - remember great things happen by making one good decision at a time - a streak of good decisions and you are on a roll - make a bad decision it’s okay just make sure the next one starts a new streak! First good decision of the week for me was to take my morning jog!!! Feel free to share your good decisions today - have an awesome week team!!!
  • balanc41
    balanc41 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Hello all
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Good morning all - remember great things happen by making one good decision at a time - a streak of good decisions and you are on a roll - make a bad decision it’s okay just make sure the next one starts a new streak! First good decision of the week for me was to take my morning jog!!! Feel free to share your good decisions today - have an awesome week team!!!

Great post 🙂
    My good decision was an extra long walk this morning because it's my treat day and there's a burger and chips with my name on it for lunch .. 🤤

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    So there's hope for us middle agers....

I was chatting with a friend who recently turned 88!!! He was lamenting the fact he hasn't been able to ballroom dance in 13 weeks. He also told me his son sat him and his wife down the other day to tell them they are in the at risk category and need to look after themselves. My friend said I don't feel that old! It's amazing how fit and spry some who is pushing 90 can be. I wanna be like him when I grow up
  • SoonerFanForLife
    Options

Great post 🙂
    My good decision was an extra long walk this morning because it's my treat day and there's a burger and chips with my name on it for lunch .. 🤤

I hope you enjoyed the lunch (sounds really good lol) - great job!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Great post 🙂

It's only 9.35am yet.. I'm sooo looking forward to lunch though. 😄
  • SoonerFanForLife
    Options

Great post 🙂

It's only 9.35am yet.. I'm sooo looking forward to lunch though. 😄

Lol - I forget about the time zone differences - well enjoy - you earned it!
  • Maademperor
    Maademperor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is a long running thread! Please add me...40 and been training regularly for years but started with the app again to try and see some new angles and get past a plateau...and make a smashing return since the gym reopened
  • _Southern_Kev
    _Southern_Kev Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

I was chatting with a friend who recently turned 88!!! He was lamenting the fact he hasn't been able to ballroom dance in 13 weeks. He also told me his son sat him and his wife down the other day to tell them they are in the at risk category and need to look after themselves. My friend said I don't feel that old! It's amazing how fit and spry some who is pushing 90 can be. I wanna be like him when I grow up

That’s a great story. Thanks for sharing it.

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

That’s a great story. Thanks for sharing it.

Not to mention he's a huge flirt and came to a party at my house and danced with my neighbour and chatted up all my single friends.

So I'm going for my covid test tomorrow. Anyone had one? My mom says it's horrible....can't wait
  • realnurse26
    realnurse26 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello. 😊 Not a newbie, in fact I’ve been off/on MFP for over 9 years now. Nowhere near new to dieting either. I’ve yo-yo’d all my adult life. I’ve tried just about every diet out there. I recently quit my first time trying Keto (even though I dropped 6 pounds the first 10 days). I just couldn’t handle all the fat/cholesterol. Every time, I always come back to the simple and basic counting calories with exercising. It’s the only thing I’ve ever stuck with that actually works. I’m looking for accountability/support friends who are close to my age with similar backgrounds and goals. I’d like to lose my age in pounds. Anyone else?
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Finally lost a 1lb so 11lbs to go, I am going to really try hard this month to see a difference and do more weight and strength training also eat more salad and fruit.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    annliz23 wrote: »
    Finally lost a 1lb so 11lbs to go, I am going to really try hard this month to see a difference and do more weight and strength training also eat more salad and fruit.

Congrats!! I seem to lose and gain the same pound over and over again.
  • Devil_Dawg
    Devil_Dawg Posts: 167 Member
    Options
  • marjieanne
    marjieanne Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello, please add me, just starting back. Not sure how to follow groups!
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone
  • Proudnanny71
    Proudnanny71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    49 year old desperate to lose weight to become healthy! Any tips would be welcomed!
  • wanderwoman2020
    wanderwoman2020 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

Afternoon 😁