Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

1737738739740741743»

Replies

• jmike3644jmike3644 Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    Feel free to add me
  • tenazhsctenazhsc Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    Hi Guys! I'm soon to be 40.
    I have a mostly sedentary job. But I try to squeeze at a least a walk everyday. I also have a bike trainer at home and a 1/2 acre yard that needs a lot of work so those are my main types of breaking a sweat.

I have a 34 day streak going on here and I lost 9 lbs in the month of June.

My profile pic is my inspiration pic. I'm not here to socialize much tho I do love making friends.
    I will always prioritize commenting on your health, food, wellness and fitness posts. Not so much on other posts.

I recently read the obesity code book and I'm working on making adjustments described in the book. I'm also taking a Nutrition Basics class in college. And to eat more at home I'm reading the book "Salt, fat, acid and heat"

Let's be friends. I like supporting and shooting the breeze with people of all ages, genders and ideologies. I just described myself above in case any of these stuff matters to you.
  • AvaEBerryAvaEBerry Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member
    Just joined and hoping to reach my goal weight by my 40th birthday next October. Feel free to add me!
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Member Posts: 2,005 Member Member Posts: 2,005 Member
    Happy Independence Day! Last night, my son and granddaughter and I went to an early fireworks display on the Snake River at Marsing. It was great to get out and see some people. Attendance was much lower than usual.

I recently heard someone discussing how the forced isolation is causing some mental health concerns for lots of people. People are more prone to depression and loneliness. On reflection, I realized that it was true for me as well. And I have continued to work and have contact with people there. But the lack of social interaction is starting to wear on me. Have you noticed this effect in your life?
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 35,042 Member Member Posts: 35,042 Member
    Happy Independence Day! Last night, my son and granddaughter and I went to an early fireworks display on the Snake River at Marsing. It was great to get out and see some people. Attendance was much lower than usual.

I recently heard someone discussing how the forced isolation is causing some mental health concerns for lots of people. People are more prone to depression and loneliness. On reflection, I realized that it was true for me as well. And I have continued to work and have contact with people there. But the lack of social interaction is starting to wear on me. Have you noticed this effect in your life?

Happy fourth of July

My neighbour and I were talking about this the other day because we both found it shocking the Quarantimes made people stressed. Both of us are very social. Personally for myself I found it nice to not have social demands on my time. With restrictions easing I am starting to feel the stress of people asking again for my time

So personally I've enjoyed the down time. Ya when I visited my I'm I literally said good morning to everyone who walked by and I'm happy to engage everyone in convo but oddly I've liked having my time for whatever I want to do. I enjoyed homeschooling my son, I liked having to find ways to make due with watevee food i could get. Life's an adventure and this was just another chapter