The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Ther was a bit of excitement on my road on Saturday. There were some sirens, and then the noise of a crash

It turned out that joyriders crashed into a lamppost at my road corner, pursued by the police. They crashed and tried to run - one may have got away, the other was caught.

Here is the crash site;
    9x76u4am3mw0.jpg
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    Ther was a bit of excitement on my road on Saturday. There were some sirens, and then the noise of a crash

It turned out that joyriders crashed into a lamppost at my road corner, pursued by the police. They crashed and tried to run - one may have got away, the other was caught.

Here is the crash site;
    9x76u4am3mw0.jpg

Oh geez. People are dumb eh. Thankfully no innocent bystanders were hurt
  • alabamawitch
    alabamawitch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, 44 here. Been a MFP user a long time but new to the message boards :)
  • austinwb8
    austinwb8 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi all....47 yo here in TX....been on mfp for a while...but slacking. Need to get back to it!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,191 Member
    Options
    The marion berries look like mulberries. 🙂

They kind of do! But they taste different and have a different texture. Marionberries are a hybrid of two other already crossed blackberries. The canes do have thorns, but they aren't as aggressive as the invasive Armenian blackberry that grows as a weed around here (sometimes referred to as Himalayan blackberry). They are delicate when picked, so go in shallow containers. When ripe, they leave some of the core on the cane, but not quite as much as with raspberries. They are really delicious. I put three pints on sheet pans and froze them solid, then vacuum sealed them in portions for later in the year. I should get two or three more harvests depending on how many the birds get and whether they start to get attacked by mold or the spotted-wing drosophila. The birds have found the blueberries. I know why scrub jays are blue. The raspberries are a variety I haven't grown before, and I didn't quite prune them right last fall. I will get another flush of berries through the summer, then a BIG crop next year.
  • BourbonCowboy
    BourbonCowboy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just completed my first day of cardio walk-run intervals on my way to running-sprinting intervals. My goal is to be able to run at 4.5 and sprint at 6.0 for 30 seconds for 10 rounds before end of the month. 0430 came early, but temps in AZ were great, about 75 degrees.
  • Carp614
    Carp614 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hey. 45 years old here. I have more than 30 pounds to lose, but weight loss is not my top priority. My goals are 1) to get my diet sorted, 2) Build basic strength and stamina 3) lose fat.

I've lost a few points in the last month, which is nice, but I'm more interested in the progress I've made getting more active. I already feel a lot better.

Feel free to friend me.
  • _Southern_Kev
    _Southern_Kev Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone! I hope you all had a great 4th.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Happy new week middle aged friends

Decided last night to challenge myself and see how fit I can get. I know this will fizzle I. A couple of weeks when I end up hurting myself but might as well give it a try!
  • stuffyknee
    stuffyknee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! 47, divorcing, mother of 2, stronger than ever. I went from slim to too-skinny over the course of the breakup and am building muscle and gaining back the weight with lifting and boxing. Trying to get over exercise-induced asthma so I can compete, and to get a layer of fat back over my tailbone so I can do situps without pain. I'd love to be in this group.
  • BourbonCowboy
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Decided last night to challenge myself and see how fit I can get. I know this will fizzle I. A couple of weeks when I end up hurting myself but might as well give it a try!

AliNouveau nothing wrong with challenging yourself and why would that result in a training injury? :smiley: plan it, do it, push it, just prepare to pull it back a little if you need to.
  • BourbonCowboy
    Options
    stuffyknee wrote: »
    Hi! 47, divorcing, mother of 2, stronger than ever. I went from slim to too-skinny over the course of the breakup and am building muscle and gaining back the weight with lifting and boxing. Trying to get over exercise-induced asthma so I can compete, and to get a layer of fat back over my tailbone so I can do situps without pain. I'd love to be in this group.

Stuffyknee make sure you eat... a lot if your weight training and boxing, fuel the body with good proteins and fats. Good luck enjoy the journey!!!
  • AliNouveau
    Options

AliNouveau nothing wrong with challenging yourself and why would that result in a training injury? :smiley: plan it, do it, push it, just prepare to pull it back a little if you need to.

I have flat out or not haha. I don't understand not pushing yourself to your limits when working out...it's been conditioned into me since i was a kid. You push through minor aches and pains and hope they'll go away. I'm a little crazy
  • BourbonCowboy
    Options

I have flat out or not haha. I don't understand not pushing yourself to your limits when working out...it's been conditioned into me since i was a kid. You push through minor aches and pains and hope they'll go away. I'm a little crazy

Ha! Me too. Have fun!
  • AliNouveau
    Options

Ha! Me too. Have fun!

Today I did an hour long abs and butt workout video and then went for an hour long evening walk. 2 hours of exercise should be good for day one
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!
  • BourbonCowboy
    Options
    Last night was rough, I was eaten by a tiger...in a rather frightening dream :smile: . Then I spent the rest of the early morning hours worried I'd over sleep my alarm and miss my 0400 wake up call...WTH??? Well I did miss my run but not because I slept through my alarm. So now have to run this evening, its gonna be 108 here for the high...so around 99-100 @ 7pm...awesome!!!
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Makes me sad I'm now old enough for this group, but love the people here!!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    Makes me sad I'm now old enough for this group, but love the people here!!

Don't be sad. We have time and knowledge on our side now.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Last night was rough, I was eaten by a tiger...in a rather frightening dream :smile: . Then I spent the rest of the early morning hours worried I'd over sleep my alarm and miss my 0400 wake up call...WTH??? Well I did miss my run but not because I slept through my alarm. So now have to run this evening, its gonna be 108 here for the high...so around 99-100 @ 7pm...awesome!!!

Yikes hope you recovered from the tiger!

I think the 4am wake up call would terrify me more than the tiger 🤣😂🤣