The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    11Templars wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    11Templars wrote: »
    It's so cold. I ever dug out a toque to wear.

Ha, spoken like a true Canadian. "Toque". I'm in the Interior of BC, between the Monashee Mountains to the west and the Selkirk Mountains to the east. Snow is just about all gone now.

It melted as it touched the ground but my friend sent a pic from northern Ontario where they have a covering of snow

Ya, il saw some pics from there. even parts of southern Ontario got some snow.. .. I'm originally from Ontario, but I've been out here for about 20 years.

now we're like 14 degrees and raining it's crazy
  • Ahaziz842016
    Ahaziz842016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    34 ... let's go 😉😉😋😋
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 37 (almost 38) and live in Michigan. I hope everyone has a great Friday! :)

Woo Hoo Michigan! LOL I live here too. :p
  • dr_russky
    dr_russky Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm 39 and am committed to getting to a healthy BMI by my 40th birthday (Sept). Here are my stats:

Height: 5'3"
    SW: 173 lbs.
    CW: 149.8 lbs.
    GW: 140 lbs.

I may decide to try and notch it down to 120, but it's been a real struggle to drop the last 10 lbs. The last time I was in the 140's was before I had my two children (ages 8 and 6), so I feel like my body is fighting against my efforts.

Look forward to sharing my ups and downs and learning from the experience of others in this group.

If any of you would like to add me as your mfp friend, feel free to send me an invitation.

Thanks,
    Valerie
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    sdereski wrote: »
    An hour of glorious Pilates yesterday. Starting to incorporate stretching and strength into my workout. Will help with my running. :)

Oh I love Pilates. I've been doing a stretching video and have noticed my flexibility improving. I haven't done it for a couple if days. I need to get back to it

Ladies - I have a question. I have been doing yoga once or twice a week to try to improve flexibility. Do you find Pilates any better in that regard? Or are they similar in that aspect?

Thanks for your input.

I Feel like Pilates is more of a workout than yoga but then the yoga classes I tried had a really weird new agey instructor and I just didn't like them. Pilates I felt uses more strength. the stretching video i do is from a pilates YouTuber so I'd say it's good
    I find that yoga helps more with stretching and pilates works more on the strength of your small muscles. The pilates movements are more subtle.

both work well for core stability.
    I do both, find them different, but love them both!

Thanks, Ali and Silvia! I will search out a local Pilates class for a little change of pace. :)

• kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    dr_russky wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm 39 and am committed to getting to a healthy BMI by my 40th birthday (Sept). Here are my stats:

Height: 5'3"
    SW: 173 lbs.
    CW: 149.8 lbs.
    GW: 140 lbs.

I may decide to try and notch it down to 120, but it's been a real struggle to drop the last 10 lbs. The last time I was in the 140's was before I had my two children (ages 8 and 6), so I feel like my body is fighting against my efforts.

Look forward to sharing my ups and downs and learning from the experience of others in this group.

If any of you would like to add me as your mfp friend, feel free to send me an invitation.

Thanks,
    Valerie

Hi

Great job so far!
    I'll be 46 soon and I have to say...my original goal was 130 (5'8)
    I was 128 a couple years ago...
    But since I've dropped down to around 137, Ive been stuck...
    I don't know if its ag/metabolism... etc but not willing to cut cals further...so I'm working out and hoping to maintain

GL
    Kim
  • NaughtyBratEdith
    NaughtyBratEdith Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm Beth, 52, from Michigan. Been at a plateau for a while now. I need to step it up a notch and begin EXERCISING. I have some aches and pains I have been using as an excuse to not get moving. Might actually feel better after I take that next commitment. 😄
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    50 years old here. New to this app. Looking for weight loss support. :)
  • sparkyvenkman
    Options
    I'm Beth, 52, from Michigan. Been at a plateau for a while now. I need to step it up a notch and begin EXERCISING. I have some aches and pains I have been using as an excuse to not get moving. Might actually feel better after I take that next commitment. 😄

Always nice to see someone else from Michigan! Welcome aboard :P
  • fFinfan66
    fFinfan66 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Been a few weeks since posting,still movin & shakin.Hope all are well,keep loggin,liftin and what ever it takes to get you to your goals.Age is a # we can’t change,but our weight We Can change!!Keep on keepin on.
  • JMT5712
    JMT5712 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Two months in, 52 and feeling fab. Looking for more MFP pals so please add to motivate me to the next level!
  • sparkyvenkman
    Options
    Congrats on two months! I wonder how I'll feel at 2 months, I'm on day 13. :p
  • JMT5712
    Options
    Just keep at it and you’ll soon find out!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Way to go everyone!!! I've been here a few years if you can find good friends it's awesome!!! Some people are crazy, some are awesome, just like real life really. :smile:
  • JMT5712
    Options
    So no one told you life was gonna be this way
    Your job's a joke, you're broke
    Your love life's D.O.A
    It's like you're always stuck in second gear
    When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month
    Or even your year, but
    I'll be there for you
    (When the rain starts to pour)
    I'll be there for you
    (Like I've been there before)
    I'll be there for you
    ('Cause you're there for me too).

Maybe I’m a little crazy but good friends are awesome 😎
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Omg are you going to bust out a rousing rendition of smelly cat next haha

Friends are awesome. The show was fun too. Haha. I've had a few friends I've met here visit me. I had lunch a couple if weeks ago with one, another came and stayed with me last year. I've met a couple for drinks. I've plans to destroy the universe with another. Lots of fun
  • JMT5712
    Options
    Humming it now. A lyrical masterpiece! Sounding a little crazy again 🤪
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Again????
  • JMT5712
    Options
    It’s a thing
  • AlaskanOtter97
    AlaskanOtter97 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    44 mom with busy full time finance job and two kids getting ready to head to college. Time to regain my identity and focus on my health. Looking for friends to connect with!