The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    sdereski wrote: »
    An hour of glorious Pilates yesterday. Starting to incorporate stretching and strength into my workout. Will help with my running. :)

Oh I love Pilates. I've been doing a stretching video and have noticed my flexibility improving. I haven't done it for a couple if days. I need to get back to it

Ladies - I have a question. I have been doing yoga once or twice a week to try to improve flexibility. Do you find Pilates any better in that regard? Or are they similar in that aspect?

Thanks for your input.

I Feel like Pilates is more of a workout than yoga but then the yoga classes I tried had a really weird new agey instructor and I just didn't like them. Pilates I felt uses more strength. the stretching video i do is from a pilates YouTuber so I'd say it's good
  • anthonylaunza1
    anthonylaunza1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. Add me please
  • bionicshouldemfp
    bionicshouldemfp Posts: 15 Member
    Options

what did you have your shoulder surgery for? I've a wonky shoulder, they're so annoying

Ruptured bicep tendon is what sent me to the Dr. MRI confirmed Bicep tendon rupture, partial 50%ish tears of sub-scapular muscle and rotator cuff (have had shoulder issues for years), and some arthritis as well. Told the Doc to fix it all. As it turns out, they couldn’t fix the bicep (it was too retracted & they would have had to cut shoulder to forearm to fix). So I’ll be a monocep with hopefully a great new shoulder after rehab

I've a greater than 50% partial tear of my rotator cuff. They don't want to do surgery since it's not guaranteed I'd get full recovery and as it is I appear to have no diminished range of motion although for me it is. I have hyper mobile joints to which means there's also arthritis. I get an MRI in May just to see if it's improving or getting worse[/quote]

I empathize. Trying to rehab with an “athlete’s purpose” and hope to be as close to as good (as before as possible because couldn’t repair bicep, that will definitely be weaker) - but too soon to tell what I’ll ultimately be (I’m only 13 days out of surgery)
  • AliNouveau
    Options

what did you have your shoulder surgery for? I've a wonky shoulder, they're so annoying

Ruptured bicep tendon is what sent me to the Dr. MRI confirmed Bicep tendon rupture, partial 50%ish tears of sub-scapular muscle and rotator cuff (have had shoulder issues for years), and some arthritis as well. Told the Doc to fix it all. As it turns out, they couldn’t fix the bicep (it was too retracted & they would have had to cut shoulder to forearm to fix). So I’ll be a monocep with hopefully a great new shoulder after rehab

I've a greater than 50% partial tear of my rotator cuff. They don't want to do surgery since it's not guaranteed I'd get full recovery and as it is I appear to have no diminished range of motion although for me it is. I have hyper mobile joints to which means there's also arthritis. I get an MRI in May just to see if it's improving or getting worse

I empathize. Trying to rehab with an “athlete’s purpose” and hope to be as close to as good (as before as possible because couldn’t repair bicep, that will definitely be weaker) - but too soon to tell what I’ll ultimately be (I’m only 13 days out of surgery)[/quote]

I'll be anxious to hear about your recovery. I'm doing physio and my strength has improved the problem is I have a hard time stopping my fun things to let it rest. Oh well sucks getting old
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    An hour of glorious Pilates yesterday. Starting to incorporate stretching and strength into my workout. Will help with my running. :)

Excellent...keep it going!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps!
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Morning!
  • icecoffee29
    icecoffee29 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Morning!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    so....it's April 11 and as was getting into my car after skating the man next to me said, this looks a little like snow that's falling from the sky. ya it's been snowing. luckily it just melts as it hits the ground but come on mother nature wtf?!?!?!?
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Mother Nature and Father Time are trying to work snow into June! :P
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    It's so cold. I ever dug out a toque to wear.
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy FRIDAY! It's suppose to storm here all weekend in the Houston, TX area. Looking forward to hibernating. Have a good one, wherever you are!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options

Oh I love Pilates. I've been doing a stretching video and have noticed my flexibility improving. I haven't done it for a couple if days. I need to get back to it

Ladies - I have a question. I have been doing yoga once or twice a week to try to improve flexibility. Do you find Pilates any better in that regard? Or are they similar in that aspect?

Thanks for your input.

I find that yoga helps more with stretching and pilates works more on the strength of your small muscles. The pilates movements are more subtle.

both work well for core stability.
    I do both, find them different, but love them both!
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options

Ha, spoken like a true Canadian. "Toque". I'm in the Interior of BC, between the Monashee Mountains to the west and the Selkirk Mountains to the east. Snow is just about all gone now.

• kdalleo
    kdalleo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kat and I am 30 years old. I just changed my profile to public and looking for some countable fitfam. Please feel free to add me
  • 11Templars
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone. Hope you're all doing well and smashing your goals.

Today I have back/tricep/cardio and tomorrow I have Legs, + plus doing some scouting. That's usually good for 10 + Km.

1ma8i8n0l0j2.jpg
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    11Templars wrote: »

Ha, spoken like a true Canadian. "Toque". I'm in the Interior of BC, between the Monashee Mountains to the west and the Selkirk Mountains to the east. Snow is just about all gone now.

It melted as it touched the ground but my friend sent a pic from northern Ontario where they have a covering of snow
  • 11Templars
    Options
    11Templars wrote: »

It melted as it touched the ground but my friend sent a pic from northern Ontario where they have a covering of snow

Ya, il saw some pics from there. even parts of southern Ontario got some snow.. .. I'm originally from Ontario, but I've been out here for about 20 years.
  • AmberLeeMichigan
    AmberLeeMichigan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 37 (almost 38) and live in Michigan. I hope everyone has a great Friday! :)