Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• J_NY_ZJ_NY_Z Member Posts: 1,936 Member Member Posts: 1,936 Member
    Up roughly 15 pounds
    Have not lifted in roughly 4 months
    No real exercise to speak of
    Separated from my partner
    Have to find a new place to live

I'm really hitting it out of the park
  • northviewvintagenorthviewvintage Member Posts: 1,894 Member Member Posts: 1,894 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/barbados-tourism-canada-covid-19-1.5664283

My curling friends say Barbados is the best Because they only drink champagne on the beaches. Who wants to move?

I don't even need to pack my bags... I'll just buy what ever I need there. I'm ready. lol

Hahah right! All you'll really need are a couple of bathing suits

Sounds good!!!
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 36,288 Member Member Posts: 36,288 Member

My curling friends say Barbados is the best Because they only drink champagne on the beaches. Who wants to move?

I don't even need to pack my bags... I'll just buy what ever I need there. I'm ready. lol

Sounds good!!!

I'm guessing summer in Barbados is pretty hot but I think we can handle it
  • RandJ6280RandJ6280 Member Posts: 1,129 Member Member Posts: 1,129 Member

and for this bit while we're all down there... perhaps some sunscreen till we get acclimated.
  • R2theWR2theW Member Posts: 33 Member Member Posts: 33 Member
    Hello everybody my kind of club..
  • Soon2BSuperSoon2BSuper Member Posts: 1,629 Member Member Posts: 1,629 Member
    R2theW wrote: »
    Hello everybody my kind of club..

Welcome to the club! :)
  • balanc41balanc41 Member Posts: 1,509 Member Member Posts: 1,509 Member
    Good afternoon

and for this bit while we're all down there... perhaps some sunscreen till we get acclimated.

Yes. I'll always need the sunscreen. I either burn or freckle I need my sunscreen
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 252,938 Member Member, Premium Posts: 252,938 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Up roughly 15 pounds
    Have not lifted in roughly 4 months
    No real exercise to speak of
    Separated from my partner
    Have to find a new place to live

I'm really hitting it out of the park

I'm sorry you're going through a tough time. 😔
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 252,938 Member Member, Premium Posts: 252,938 Member
    Good morning middle agers. :) Hump day is looking good so far, the rain has finally stopped and it's looking like we might even get some sun.
    I hope you are all having a great day and take it easy on the tacos eh, it is Tuesday for you guys after all 😄🌮🌮
  • JesseRamirezIIIJesseRamirezIII Member Posts: 16 Member Member Posts: 16 Member
    Hello all! Feel free to add me (40/M/SW:252lbs/CW:212/GW:180) I'm active in this app, and would like to see my feed busier than it currently is. I'm curious what everyone else does to lose weight, and I am always keeping my eyes open to fresh and interesting ideas. I've been doing intermittent fasting (16:8), calorie counting (1690 daily calories), and running (currently 2.2 miles non-stop).
    Good morning middle agers. :) Hump day is looking good so far, the rain has finally stopped and it's looking like we might even get some sun.
    I hope you are all having a great day and take it easy on the tacos eh, it is Tuesday for you guys after all 😄🌮🌮

Good day Jo ~ as the rain ends there ~ so it begins here.... down deep South of Alabama. While I don't mind walking in the rain, in fact I find it refreshing, calming and down right fun.... I don't want to get struck by lightning. So today's physical work shall be done inside. lol.

Yes. I'll always need the sunscreen. I either burn or freckle I need my sunscreen

I like freckles. I think they're cute.... but we don't want anyone getting skin cancer.... so first round of sunscreen is on me. lol :D

Good day Jo ~ as the rain ends there ~ so it begins here.... down deep South of Alabama. While I don't mind walking in the rain, in fact I find it refreshing, calming and down right fun.... I don't want to get struck by lightning. So today's physical work shall be done inside. lol.

I actually quite like some rainy days, especially if I have no chores and can huddle up on the lounge with a blanket, some popcorn and a good movie.. blisssss

Yeah, don't get struck by lightning, I hear that's no fun 😄
    Good morning middle-agers HHD 🐪🐫

I actually quite like some rainy days, especially if I have no chores and can huddle up on the lounge with a blanket, some popcorn and a good movie.. blisssss

Yeah, don't get struck by lightning, I hear that's no fun 😄
    Good morning middle-agers HHD 🐪🐫

Now you're talking my kind of day.... while I don't get many days like that, where there is nothing to do, and raining. lol. Yes... bonus points if it's mid-afternoon, dark clouds and rain falling - popcorn (butter and light salt lol) have it cool in the house so that you can be under a blanket and not be hot.... a good movie.... and perhaps.... drift off to sleep.... awwww sheer bliss indeed
    drmwc wrote: »
    Morning all.
    I normally do yoga before breakfast on a Thursday morning, through a Zoom class. I logged on two minutes late, and 15 minutes later I was still waiting in the virtual lobby. So I gave up on the yoga, and went for a walk instead. So I got to 10,000 steps before breakfast - it's something I may do more frequently, as I quite enjoyed it.

A young buck wandered across the path at one point.t5vf7v52e2r3.jpg

That's beautiful I think the wall would trump yoga if you get to see animals.

I gave up on a step counter because I'd almost always have 10k steps before lunch. I realized I'm more active than I thought
  • ZenDreamZenDream Member Posts: 208 Member Member Posts: 208 Member
    Happy almost the weekend everyone.
  • jamilwilliamsjamilwilliams Member, Premium Posts: 41 Member Member, Premium Posts: 41 Member
    Hello -- 47 years old, born & raised in Louisiana (land of phenomenal -- and fattening -- food). Feel free to add me! I am a type 2 diabetic and have lost 46 pounds so far. Off my diabetes meds, by doctor's order, and enjoying a new way of eating. Always looking for great exercise ideas!