Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• RandJ6280RandJ6280 Member Posts: 1,111 Member Member Posts: 1,111 Member
    Good morning all, how is everyone doing today?
  • northviewvintagenorthviewvintage Member Posts: 902 Member Member Posts: 902 Member
    Good morning!:)

Good morning North View ~ how are you today?
  • northviewvintagenorthviewvintage Member Posts: 902 Member Member Posts: 902 Member
    Hi, RandJ! Doing pretty well, how about yourself?
    RandJ6280 wrote: »

Hi, RandJ! Doing pretty well, how about yourself?

Doing great.... I've been working at home since March (thank-you Covid19) but this time of year I am glad to have an inside job. lol
    twiglet247 wrote: »
    Hello, I have just joined today, and hoping to make a friend or two so that we can motivate each other.
    I am 58 yrs old, divorced mother to 3, grandma to 2 soon to be 3. Have dieted on and off for most of my life, usually on WW but looking for a fresh start. Have over 100lbs to lose, but need to do it for my health.
    So, off I go to get started, have a great day everyone!

Welcome to the group.
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 35,700 Member Member Posts: 35,700 Member
    Happy mid week!!
    What's up with the middle agers? We finally got out new fridge yesterday, I'm making chicken stock to make spicy Thai soup, planning a trip to Niagara for Saturday. Yay
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy mid week!!
    What's up with the middle agers? We finally got out new fridge yesterday, I'm making chicken stock to make spicy Thai soup, planning a trip to Niagara for Saturday. Yay

GREAT for ya'll. I LOVE Thai food. We did a Japanese steak house last night for dinner.... WAY to much sodium... I'm feeling it today. Niagara?? sounds fun... never been there... would love to. I've flown over it when I was in the Air Force.... we were on a C-130, they dropped the back end and we were strapped in. It was fun and exciting.
    Happy mid week!!

GREAT for ya'll. I LOVE Thai food. We did a Japanese steak house last night for dinner.... WAY to much sodium... I'm feeling it today. Niagara?? sounds fun... never been there... would love to. I've flown over it when I was in the Air Force.... we were on a C-130, they dropped the back end and we were strapped in. It was fun and exciting.

This soup is really good I made it a couple if weeks ago. It's crazy spicy but was one of those things you eat saying omg this is too spicy but it's also too good haha

I'm lining up a couple of wineries to go to and we will stop at a couple of waterfalls but not go to the actual falls. Here if you're going to Niagara then usually it means the area....going to the falls means you're going to Niagara falls. Haha. I want to visit some fruit markets too and we'll probably stop at the Welland canal. You can look online and find out when ships are passing through the locks. It's really quite neat. My family always would stop there and now we make it a stop and often take visitors. It's a bit off the beaten track kinda thing
  • scottysgalscottysgal Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I’m looking for some motivation. I am 43 and looking to lose 36 lbs by the end of the year. That is not my ultimate goal but it is a start and I need something smaller to start with and that had a good goal date. I am married and my son is a senior this coming year. I am a habilitation technician part time. If you would like to be my friend and help to motivate each other that would be great!
    Happy mid week!!

This soup is really good I made it a couple if weeks ago. It's crazy spicy but was one of those things you eat saying omg this is too spicy but it's also too good haha

I'm lining up a couple of wineries to go to and we will stop at a couple of waterfalls but not go to the actual falls. Here if you're going to Niagara then usually it means the area....going to the falls means you're going to Niagara falls. Haha. I want to visit some fruit markets too and we'll probably stop at the Welland canal. You can look online and find out when ships are passing through the locks. It's really quite neat. My family always would stop there and now we make it a stop and often take visitors. It's a bit off the beaten track kinda thing

I would imagine if you're anywhere close to the actual falls.... it gets touristy. I follow a photographer on YouTube, and she is from Hamilton and she does landscape work.. AMAZING area. But she rarely goes to the falls.
    Happy mid week!!

I would imagine if you're anywhere close to the actual falls.... it gets touristy. I follow a photographer on YouTube, and she is from Hamilton and she does landscape work.. AMAZING area. But she rarely goes to the falls.

Ya there is the Niagara escarpment which is basically a cliff. Lots of beautiful stuff there. Hamilton is the waterfall capital apparently, pretty much all the city has going for it. 🤣😂 It's always been the steel town so a bit ick
  • Gracenote74Gracenote74 Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    Hello, I'm 46 trying to lose 46 pounds and new to MFP. I'm retired law enforcement and working on my master's degree. I'm not much of an extrovert but I'm trying to connect to others like me who got a lot of weight to lose and could use the extra inspiration once and a while. Be safe everyone and stay healthy....feel free to add me :smile:
  • Gracenote74Gracenote74 Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    How do I add someone?
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Member Posts: 2,155 Member Member Posts: 2,155 Member
    How do I add someone?

To add friends on MFP using the desktop app:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's always a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc.
    TGIF fellow old folks - how is everyone doing this morning??? Anyone have big or exciting plans for the weekend?
    Happy Friday! I am just finishing my move out to the country, and will be so happy to have all that done by Monday. Hope you all have a good weekend!:)
    TGIF fellow old folks - how is everyone doing this morning??? Anyone have big or exciting plans for the weekend?