Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• northviewvintagenorthviewvintage Member Posts: 1,305 Member Member Posts: 1,305 Member
    Hope your son is feeling better!!! Isn't it amazing how adaptable some kids are? My daughter has really taken this craziness so well, and we were pretty busy with fun activities before the rona hit. She is getting with her friends just about every day to play video games online, and has stayed happy just hanging out at home.
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    We were supposed to be on our way up north this morning to a friend's cottage but my son decided to vomit overnight. Poor kid I suspect he hadna touch of food poisoning but don't want to take chances spreading around germs. Nor do I want to be 2 hours from home with a sick kid. He likes to give a running commentary as he's being sick. It's hard not to laugh but if you laugh he'll tell you off for laughing. I like my kid. Anyone have any fun stories to share since I'm trapped inside

• gexkinggexking Member Posts: 121 Member Member Posts: 121 Member
    yelpat1976 wrote: »
    Gyms are open where I live but the cleanliness at my gym was sub-par prior to Covid. I cancelled my membership for now and will keep walking, jogging and hiking.

Fortunately, all the world is a gym...at least until it gets cold.
    edited July 20
  • RosaKitty19RosaKitty19 Member Posts: 6 Member Member Posts: 6 Member
    Feel free to add me! I'm 41 and am at the start of my journey :)
  • kledmonskledmons Member Posts: 46 Member Member Posts: 46 Member
    Please add me. I'm 45 and starting over.
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 36,055 Member Member Posts: 36,055 Member
    Hope your son is feeling better!!! Isn't it amazing how adaptable some kids are? My daughter has really taken this craziness so well, and we were pretty busy with fun activities before the rona hit. She is getting with her friends just about every day to play video games online, and has stayed happy just hanging out at home.
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    We were supposed to be on our way up north this morning to a friend's cottage but my son decided to vomit overnight. Poor kid I suspect he hadna touch of food poisoning but don't want to take chances spreading around germs. Nor do I want to be 2 hours from home with a sick kid. He likes to give a running commentary as he's being sick. It's hard not to laugh but if you laugh he'll tell you off for laughing. I like my kid. Anyone have any fun stories to share since I'm trapped inside

My son has a buddy he plays online with too. It's good they can adapt it's good qualities to learn
  • juliet148juliet148 Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    Hey All! 38 just rejoined after failing to get healthy when I first joined 10 years ago. Mom to 3 kiddos, work full time in the rat race... Gotta get healthy before the big 4-0.
    This should be the last covid test I'll need to go visit my mom. They're requiring us to be tested so we don't create new outbreaks in seniors homes. They're already easing the triage somewhat only taking temps and such of those with symptoms. This Dr was all business. She walked in, swab at the ready, pulled my mask down and shoved it up there. Today I went earlier than last time and it took about 40 minutes total from arriving to walking out. Now I'm gonna clean the basement
  • ScienceBasedLifeScienceBasedLife Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
    Hi everyone. :) I've been trying to do this weight loss alone and it's a struggle. Especially with metabolism slowing :(

I'm 49 and looking to connect with some good people who understands the extra challenges we get with age.
  • annliz23annliz23 Member Posts: 1,023 Member Member Posts: 1,023 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Makes me sad I'm now old enough for this group, but love the people here!!

You don't want to be me then!! I'm almost too old for the group. It ends at 50ish, and I'm beyond "ish". :)

Me to but I still keep logging🙄
  • RandJ6280RandJ6280 Member Posts: 1,111 Member Member Posts: 1,111 Member
    juliet148 wrote: »
    Hey All! 38 just rejoined after failing to get healthy when I first joined 10 years ago. Mom to 3 kiddos, work full time in the rat race... Gotta get healthy before the big 4-0.

Come on Juliet you can do this.

You don't want to be me then!! I'm almost too old for the group. It ends at 50ish, and I'm beyond "ish". :)

Never too old for here 🙂

That's right @slimgirljo15 ~ never ever to old for us.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 248,565 Member Member Posts: 248,565 Member
    RandJ6280 wrote: »

Never too old for here 🙂

Exactly.. all are welcome here 🙂

Hope everyone is having a great day. 🙂 6am and the most important part of my day is being enjoyed...sipping my ☕ because without my coffee my brain doesn't work..true story 😁
  • annliz23annliz23 Member Posts: 1,023 Member Member Posts: 1,023 Member
    A good day
    Shopping
    Made my own lemon curd
    19,300 steps
    2333 calories burned
    8 miles in total 2 walks
    I think I am on a roll!

Never too old for here 🙂

Hope everyone is having a great day. 🙂 6am and the most important part of my day is being enjoyed...sipping my ☕ because without my coffee my brain doesn't work..true story 😁

Sipping my coffee now.... I love my coffee... I wish my coffee had arms so it could hug me back.... but I know it loves me because I can feel it warming my heart.

632181_w600h600.jpg
  • BillyOldishBillyOldish Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
    Hello, I'm 44 and miss the 90s desperately. I love horror movies, Mary Jane, cats, the rain and my son. I'm hoping to lose some of the weight I put back on when I used MyFitnessPal years ago, it worked really well and quick, unfortunately some recent health issues caused me to gain some weight so I'm back for round two. Feel free to add me please! ✌️
    Officially covid free! (There was never a doubt)
    We are in possession of our new fridge!
    It even has a surprise ice maker
    It's a good day in Ali world!!!
    edited July 21
  • northviewvintagenorthviewvintage Member Posts: 1,305 Member Member Posts: 1,305 Member
    Same here!!!:)

Never too old for here 🙂

Sipping my coffee now.... I love my coffee... I wish my coffee had arms so it could hug me back.... but I know it loves me because I can feel it warming my heart.

632181_w600h600.jpg

• gexkinggexking Member Posts: 121 Member Member Posts: 121 Member
    Hi everyone. :) I've been trying to do this weight loss alone and it's a struggle. Especially with metabolism slowing :(

I'm 49 and looking to connect with some good people who understands the extra challenges we get with age.

I hear you...it does get harder...it nearly made me quit, but after reading the David Goggins book I realized I was being way too soft. It's hard work, but it pays off....we just have to want it.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 248,565 Member Member Posts: 248,565 Member

Never too old for here 🙂

632181_w600h600.jpg

I know this feeling ❤☕
  • NorthStar77NorthStar77 Member Posts: 409 Member Member Posts: 409 Member
    Morning all