The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• BourbonCowboy
    BourbonCowboy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is impressive! I am on the same amount of calories as you,and I am 5ft 1. I haven't hardly lost any weight, though. So, I might try just sticking to 1200 if it stays the same after this week.
    So, I had an official weigh in of sorts and I recorded some measurements and need this group's help and input:
    --Weight 221 from 231
    --% of Fat 27.9 from 31.6
    --Muscle Weight 150 (stayed same)
    --Hydration 49.4% which is low

Daily caloric intake Goal is 1500 (From Doc) - I am hitting between 1200-1400 during the week, on weekends I do and can go over 50-100 calories.

Daily workouts 40 min cardio intervals
    Mon, Wed, Fri - Push-ups and Crunches

I am worried i am losing too much too fast, I am strict with food, but i notice hunger during weekends.. Please share thoughts here, friend me for ongoing support, motivation, collab - Thank You!

North its tough...I dont know that I can keep at 1200 go forward. Loving the results for now, but once gyms open back up...I dont know
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is impressive! I am on the same amount of calories as you,and I am 5ft 1. I haven't hardly lost any weight, though. So, I might try just sticking to 1200 if it stays the same after this week.
    So, I had an official weigh in of sorts and I recorded some measurements and need this group's help and input:
    --Weight 221 from 231

Daily caloric intake Goal is 1500 (From Doc) - I am hitting between 1200-1400 during the week, on weekends I do and can go over 50-100 calories.

I am worried i am losing too much too fast, I am strict with food, but i notice hunger during weekends.. Please share thoughts here, friend me for ongoing support, motivation, collab - Thank You!

North its tough...I dont know that I can keep at 1200 go forward. Loving the results for now, but once gyms open back up...I dont know

It is tough figuring out what works for you and what you can stick with long term.

Good luck my friend .. 🙂

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    --Weight 221 from 231

Eating 1200 calories a day isn't healthy at all and you might want to reconsider even considering this. You might be getting quick results you like but it's better to take your time. Slow and steady wins the race
  • Befitat40
    Befitat40 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Vacation is comics to a close! Hope you all have an amazing Sunday! Stay well fitness fam!
  • tauera73
    tauera73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    47yrs old. Keen to be added
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Hey 40 yr old here😊 ive lost 135 lbs on my journey still here feel free to friend me!💪#postivity/ motivation Only😌

Wow that's an amazing achievement. Way to go!
  • AliNouveau
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I agree! Honestly, with all the craziness the last 4 months, I am just trying not to stress eat and gain more weight!
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    --Weight 221 from 231

Eating 1200 calories a day isn't healthy at all and you might want to reconsider even considering this. You might be getting quick results you like but it's better to take your time. Slow and steady wins the race

What about using exercise to avoid the stress eating? Or a hobby? If your hands and mind are busy chances are you won't eat?

Eating a very restrictive diet just typically ends in failure because it's not sustainable. You want to create habits that are healthy

That being said if you are a tiny, petite woman you could eat 1200 calories a day but remember if you're exercising you might need a bit more. Bourbon is a man and men are different than women and eating 1200 calories a day, he said he exercises 40 minutes every day which means he's betting what 900 calories....that's not safe, sustainable or healthy
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Bob, Im 380 my highest weight. Im determined to get to 180 this time. im 41 so if I dont do it now its probably hopeless. Join me on my journey if this resonates then add me please.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    A friend invited me for a barbecue yesterday. I ran a bit late, and was got to hers about 40 minutes later than I intended. I was surprised to see some other friends, also invited to the barbecue, going in the opposite direction.

It turned out they were 40 minutes late as well, but we were both 1 week early. D'oh!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Good advice, thank you! I am only 5'1 so 1200 is probably okay, since I'm not as active as when I was working. 1350 seems to be what works for me, mentally, atleast!:) I think patience is key, for me, this year.

Slow and steady really does win the race. Changing up what you're doing helps too I find. Also check where your calories come from. I tend to eat lots of sugar so that's a killer for me
  • BourbonCowboy
    BourbonCowboy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Bob, Im 380 my highest weight. Im determined to get to 180 this time. im 41 so if I dont do it now its probably hopeless. Join me on my journey if this resonates then add me please.

Animal, nothing is hopeless. Hang in there embrace the journey, keep your focus
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    So hubs and the boy went off on a biking adventure which meant I had about an hour on my own! I made some bread dough and as it was rising I decided to go for a walk. I planned on going for 5k because I figured it was doable in an hour but decided to challenge myself and do it in 45 minutes...managed to do it a bit faster than 45. Woo hoo. If if cools down a bit and my knee holds up I might just start running again I guess
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I have been baking up a storm this weekend: 6 batches of banana bread, chocolate cake with strawberry frosting (an order, not for me) and then donut holes. The result: I have nausea and heartburn. Heartburn?! The last time I had heartburn was when I was pregnant
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I have been baking up a storm this weekend: 6 batches of banana bread, chocolate cake with strawberry frosting (an order, not for me) and then donut holes. The result: I have nausea and heartburn. Heartburn?! The last time I had heartburn was when I was pregnant

Oooohhh!! I find when I'm really limiting my caloric intake I am prone to heartburn. Ick

You baked a lot!!! Nice. I have gotten into the habit of taking my mom treats when I visit. I've booked to go Tuesday since it's 2 weeks after my covid test. I have to think of something fun to take
  • GrumpyDumpty
    GrumpyDumpty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Well I qualify here now. I'm 31.

Follow me, friend me for my not so serious musings on losing weight.

Starting all over again for the 474628282937372nd time.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

I hope it sorts quickly Nadine. 🤗
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

Hi Bob.. It's not hopeless, just one day at a time and you'll get there. 🙂
  • Lacey_Locket
    Lacey_Locket Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well I qualify here now. I'm 31.

Follow me, friend me for my not so serious musings on losing weight.

Starting all over again for the 474628282937372nd time.

That's a lot of starting! 😂
  • cpnknight
    cpnknight Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hello chaps. I'm a Janner hailing from the SW of England. 56 years old and not in the best of shape.
    Recently bought a sailboat and want to get into better shape for some cruising...