The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• cmelvin1414
    cmelvin1414 Posts: 5 Member
    49 years young and just beginning the fitness journey. Welcome advice and motivators.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    49 years young and just beginning the fitness journey. Welcome advice and motivators.

Welcome to the group brother
  • RandJ6280
    slherber wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Shawna. I'm 39 mother of 2 teenagers looking for some accountability buddies.

Welcome Shawna
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/barbados-tourism-canada-covid-19-1.5664283

My curling friends say Barbados is the best Because they only drink champagne on the beaches. Who wants to move?
  • RandJ6280
    AliNouveau wrote: »

My curling friends say Barbados is the best Because they only drink champagne on the beaches. Who wants to move?

I don't even need to pack my bags... I'll just buy what ever I need there. I'm ready. lol
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Kathy, I'm 37 and I live in Germany.

I signed up here years ago and lost a bit but then I became ill, was stuck in bed for nearly two years, could barely move, let alone lead my own life and make my own decisions, so weight loss and fitness became less important. Nevertheless, I lost nearly 50 kg in that time and now that I am making my way back to life, I'm motivated to lose the rest and also became aware again of how hard it is to lose and stay on track when it's down to your own discipline. Self-control? Me? Hahaha...

Anyway, I still feel like a teenager, more interested in fandom-things than adult-things. I like gaming, writing, cross stitching and knitting (nerdy things).

If anyone wants to be friends, encourage each other or just say hi, I'm here for it.
  • AliNouveau
    RandJ6280 wrote: »

I don't even need to pack my bags... I'll just buy what ever I need there. I'm ready. lol

Hahah right! All you'll really need are a couple of bathing suits
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Up roughly 15 pounds
    Have not lifted in roughly 4 months
    No real exercise to speak of
    Separated from my partner
    Have to find a new place to live

I'm really hitting it out of the park
  • AliNouveau

Sounds good!!!

I'm guessing summer in Barbados is pretty hot but I think we can handle it
  • RandJ6280

and for this bit while we're all down there... perhaps some sunscreen till we get acclimated.
  • R2theW
    R2theW Posts: 33 Member
    Hello everybody my kind of club..
  • Soon2BSuper
    Soon2BSuper Posts: 1,767 Member
    R2theW wrote: »
    Hello everybody my kind of club..

Welcome to the club! :)
  • balanc41
    balanc41 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Good afternoon
  • AliNouveau

and for this bit while we're all down there... perhaps some sunscreen till we get acclimated.

Yes. I'll always need the sunscreen. I either burn or freckle I need my sunscreen
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Up roughly 15 pounds
    Have not lifted in roughly 4 months
    No real exercise to speak of
    Separated from my partner
    Have to find a new place to live

I'm really hitting it out of the park

I'm sorry you're going through a tough time. 😔
  • slimgirljo15
    Good morning middle agers. :) Hump day is looking good so far, the rain has finally stopped and it's looking like we might even get some sun.
    I hope you are all having a great day and take it easy on the tacos eh, it is Tuesday for you guys after all 😄🌮🌮
  • JesseRamirezIII
    JesseRamirezIII Posts: 16 Member
    Hello all! Feel free to add me (40/M/SW:252lbs/CW:212/GW:180) I'm active in this app, and would like to see my feed busier than it currently is. I'm curious what everyone else does to lose weight, and I am always keeping my eyes open to fresh and interesting ideas. I've been doing intermittent fasting (16:8), calorie counting (1690 daily calories), and running (currently 2.2 miles non-stop).
  • RandJ6280
    Good morning middle agers. :) Hump day is looking good so far, the rain has finally stopped and it's looking like we might even get some sun.
    I hope you are all having a great day and take it easy on the tacos eh, it is Tuesday for you guys after all 😄🌮🌮

Good day Jo ~ as the rain ends there ~ so it begins here.... down deep South of Alabama. While I don't mind walking in the rain, in fact I find it refreshing, calming and down right fun.... I don't want to get struck by lightning. So today's physical work shall be done inside. lol.
  • RandJ6280

Yes. I'll always need the sunscreen. I either burn or freckle I need my sunscreen

I like freckles. I think they're cute.... but we don't want anyone getting skin cancer.... so first round of sunscreen is on me. lol :D
  • slimgirljo15

Good day Jo ~ as the rain ends there ~ so it begins here.... down deep South of Alabama. While I don't mind walking in the rain, in fact I find it refreshing, calming and down right fun.... I don't want to get struck by lightning. So today's physical work shall be done inside. lol.

I actually quite like some rainy days, especially if I have no chores and can huddle up on the lounge with a blanket, some popcorn and a good movie.. blisssss

Yeah, don't get struck by lightning, I hear that's no fun 😄
    Good morning middle-agers HHD 🐪🐫