The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• IamSimonIam
    IamSimonIam Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I'm 49 male...feels like I'm sitting in front of Cilla Black! Anyway, I weigh 176 lbs, 188cm tall, and I'm about 12% body fat. My goals are to get just below 10% and maintain it. I'd like friends of about the same age, male or female, who have similar goals. Having kids a job and a busy family life would also help. I've loads of ideas and scientific research, plus nutrition is very important to me. So if you need help, or you can help me get where I'd like to go, let me join your journey, and join mine.
  • snd4000
    snd4000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    had been lifting and running for 2 years before I got sick last August and had to go on dialysis. My brother donated Jan 4th and I am now looking to loose the 40ish lbs that I have gained in the last 3-4 months b/c of all the meds I'm on. Just counting calories atm but looking forward to going back to the gym once I'm cleared by my Dr.
  • asorg78
    asorg78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m 41 and am in the worst shape I have ever been in. I’m going through the Real Appeal program through my health insurance, but tracking my food is not easy their app. So, here I am ...again. I would also like to be able chat with other people going through the same struggles I am through the week, not just at our once a week group sessions. So feel free to add me!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    apg9470 wrote: »
    Just turned 49
    New on here not even sure how to add people
    So I'd be happy to be added

To add friends on MFP:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's always a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc.
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Good morning! ☀️ How’s the gang doing?
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday people!!! Today is the day we finally file our taxes why not leave it until the very last minute. Although I did listen to my mom's accountant making appointments for people for mid May which is kinda late for the deadline.

anyway i've no physic so i'm gonna go skate!!!! There's a girl who does the Tuesday classes and when I'm not there often she gets upset with me. haha She's so cute I think she has Downs Syndrome but she loves skating and is a fun girl, well lady we're all old there
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I have to ask....is this age or what?! LOL
    Ill be 46 in a few weeks
    Ive never stuck to a work routine before and im far from athletic...I decided about 6-8 weeks ago, better late than never, to get in shape
    Ive been doing yoga, dance cardio and light weights 6x a week (Saturdays are my day off..do nothing..LOL)
    Im not pushing it and am never uncomfy or in pain while I'm working out (work out at home using free weights/dvd's)
    Something hurts everyday...my hip, knee, shoulder...
    Nothing I would take medicine for or see a Dr...not that bad..assumed at first it was my muscles being sore.......but its been almost 2 months now..what. gives? any advice?
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I haven't checked in in a while. I have changed my fitness goals and updated my profile to reflect. I've been busy in life and work, you know, like everyone else. New faces are great, old friends are as well. Add me if you'd like.
  • fnwabs
    fnwabs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a goal and plan to stick with it. Looking forward to joining your group. I am in my 50’s and I have 20lbs that need to leave my body. Plan to do it in a healthy way by watching what I eat and exercising at least 5 days each week. :-)
  • jckgmz
    jckgmz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    31 about to be 32! ...feel free to add me.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday v3.0!!! My job is driving me to drink. Fortunately, I was heading in that direction already. :smiley:
  • Slappy74
    Options
    I hear ya! Glad this day is done. Hope everyone is doing good!
  • Dan2668
    Dan2668 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    jckgmz wrote: »
    31 about to be 32! ...feel free to add me.

Damn, I'm 34 and I'm resisting posting in here for another decade!
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    hahahaha that Garfield is awesome.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I've also made his teddy, pooky, and odie his dog nemesis. I forget how fun and easy it is to make these characters.
  • Slappy74
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Slappy74 wrote: »
    I hear ya! Glad this day is done. Hope everyone is doing good!

Not a good one?

I spent the afternoon sculpting Garfield and his buddies out of fondant for my son's birthday next week 8plhm60tel1x.jpg

That cake is awesome! 🎂 Great job! You’ve got some talent!
    It was a pretty stressful day, have a lot of work stuff going on. Some days are piled higher than others.🤷‍♂️
    Don’t forget to log that piece of cake this weekend 😉.
  • ilnurcyprus
    ilnurcyprus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hello add me

I am 47 and my weight has been up and down more than my work lift ;)

starting logging on Monday
    SW-203
    GW-170

• AliNouveau
    Options
    OMG fellow middle agers what a day

I went to skate and had my skates on just about to go on the ice. I checked my phone and there was a reminder that the boy had an appointment for 2 hours of testing at a clinic like 4 km away. Doesn't see far but the road it's on is under construction and the area is a mess because of a subway being built

So I took my skates off, left it all there saying I'll be back and literally ran to my car. Called the clinic saying we will be a bit late, called the school to get them to get the boy to the office, went in and got him and we got to the appointment right on time!!! After I got him into the appt I went back to the rink and skated for a little bit then back to wait to get him. I took him for pizza, he gave half his slice to a homeless man and now we're home and he's doing school work then we're going to do some errands. Today was not my best planned day