The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• TeKr1967
    TeKr1967 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ides of May approaches as does my 52nd birthday. Getting back in to MFP after a year of 'off-on' ...
  • corpsebride3406
    corpsebride3406 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I’m the wrong side of 30 with roughly 3 stone to lose feel free to add me x
  • Sooksook123
    Sooksook123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Everybody 🤗
  • oceanlife2029
    oceanlife2029 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! 38 here and brand new to this app. Would love to meet people for support and motivation!
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Hope everyone has a good day today.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Folks! Have a great weekend.
  • icecoffee29
    icecoffee29 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Whoop Whoop!! Happy Friday!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hello all. My out of town meeting was canceled at the last minute (prior to leaving) so was happy about that! I know I would enjoy the meeting, but was not looking forward to the 4 hour drive and the overnight stay.

Instead I went for a little run after work and then had a nice visit with my lady friends. :) It turned out to be a pretty good day.
  • shawes04
    shawes04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ya'll! I'm 40 and new here. Like to be a part of this group! Happy Friday!
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Hopefully going to be a pretty busy weekend in the yard if the weather holds up. If not, well I'm sure I can find some fun stuff to do. Have a great Friday!
  • sparkyvenkman
    Options
    Happy Friday middle agers! It's been a good first week for me. Hoping not to screw it up over the weekend 😅

You'll do well, and walk into next week with your head held high! :p
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    So I skated this morning and have set myself a challenge
    It seems that ways to teach things have changed and learning the new way jumps are done on ice. Well we worked on this today and I'm bound and determined to get a double jump back. It's probably been at least 20 years since I did this sort of thing, my brain keeps saying to me you are crazy to want to do this cause you could really hurt yourself but hey did I ever listen to my brain???

So it was a fun day and I'm celebrating by making pizza.
  • suzombie
    suzombie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Would appreciate your thoughts. I have been doing MFP, modified keto/low carb for just under 3 months. Have lost 13.5 lbs (started at 195 and 52 years old) and am happy with that. But I just had my cholesterol checked at work and it was 205, with the bad low and the good high. Glucose great. Could this be caused by the high fat of the diet? Thanks all and have a great weekend. I see high carbs on my sunny Sat afternoon.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    suzombie wrote: »
    Would appreciate your thoughts. I have been doing MFP, modified keto/low carb for just under 3 months. Have lost 13.5 lbs (started at 195 and 52 years old) and am happy with that. But I just had my cholesterol checked at work and it was 205, with the bad low and the good high. Glucose great. Could this be caused by the high fat of the diet? Thanks all and have a great weekend. I see high carbs on my sunny Sat afternoon.

I have no advice but I was just saying to someone the other day i wonder what kind of effect these diets where you can eat higher fat food have on cholesterol. If I were you I would experiment and see if eating less fat does help
  • sparkyvenkman
    Options

I suggest having a conversation with your doctor and perhaps a nutritionist. They would be able to give you advice on how to adjust your intake and what your cholesterol levels should be at for your weight and intake.
  • googookid
    googookid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Age 43 here. An avid and competitive cyclist. Feel free to add me!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

My Total Cholesterol is always low, but our Health and Wellness adviser suggests I need to be showing a bit more of the good cholesterol and less of the bad. Apparently the good can be increased with more exercise.