Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

1797798800802803847

Replies

  • cgrout78cgrout78 Member, Premium Posts: 1,655 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,655 Member
    i may or may not be drooling..steak...twice baked potatoes...dessert...wine....all so delish
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 36,288 Member Member Posts: 36,288 Member
    Sorry! 🤣😂
    I'm now bored and looking through cookbooks for some fun things to make. Cookbooks are the devil
  • northviewvintagenorthviewvintage Member Posts: 1,899 Member Member Posts: 1,899 Member
    I wouldn't enjoy that. I don't think I'd survive, haha. Here in Georgia, everything pretty much shuts down after an inch or two of snow.
    balanc41 wrote: »
    Of the snow, not 70 degree weather, haha
    balanc41 wrote: »
    Snow has finally hit!
    5hs8opr0zguh.jpeg
    178ozhi0hb2o.jpeg

    Yeah it wasn’t fun to drive in last night. Could only go about 40 tops on the intestate. Took me over an hour to get home last night.🤣

  • mtaratootmtaratoot Member, Premium Posts: 4,682 Member Member, Premium Posts: 4,682 Member
    I wouldn't enjoy that. I don't think I'd survive, haha. Here in Georgia, everything pretty much shuts down after an inch or two of snow.
    balanc41 wrote: »
    Of the snow, not 70 degree weather, haha
    balanc41 wrote: »
    Snow has finally hit!
    5hs8opr0zguh.jpeg
    178ozhi0hb2o.jpeg

    Yeah it wasn’t fun to drive in last night. Could only go about 40 tops on the intestate. Took me over an hour to get home last night.🤣

    In Georgia, if the weather forecasters even mention the S word, there's no milk or toilet paper in the groceries.
  • northviewvintagenorthviewvintage Member Posts: 1,899 Member Member Posts: 1,899 Member
    Youtube is even worse. I'm addicted to watching pasta grannies videos...
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Sorry! 🤣😂
    I'm now bored and looking through cookbooks for some fun things to make. Cookbooks are the devil

  • cgrout78cgrout78 Member, Premium Posts: 1,655 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,655 Member
    Youtube is even worse. I'm addicted to watching pasta grannies videos...
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Sorry! 🤣😂
    I'm now bored and looking through cookbooks for some fun things to make. Cookbooks are the devil

    omg what IS that?? some type of pastry thing with a sauce??? i don't even care, it looks fattening and unhealthy and like it should be in my mouth
  • cgrout78cgrout78 Member, Premium Posts: 1,655 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,655 Member
    oooh what movies? I'm looking for ideas for this weekend :) I want to do haunting of hill house and the bly manor one, but not sure what else is out there. We binged on Lore last weekend and that was weird and creepy.
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 36,288 Member Member Posts: 36,288 Member
    Youtube is even worse. I'm addicted to watching pasta grannies videos...
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Sorry! 🤣😂
    I'm now bored and looking through cookbooks for some fun things to make. Cookbooks are the devil

    Hahah well now I feel the need to check this out
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 36,288 Member Member Posts: 36,288 Member
    I wouldn't enjoy that. I don't think I'd survive, haha. Here in Georgia, everything pretty much shuts down after an inch or two of snow.
    balanc41 wrote: »
    Of the snow, not 70 degree weather, haha
    balanc41 wrote: »
    Snow has finally hit!
    5hs8opr0zguh.jpeg
    178ozhi0hb2o.jpeg

    Yeah it wasn’t fun to drive in last night. Could only go about 40 tops on the intestate. Took me over an hour to get home last night.🤣

    @balanc41 do you have snow tires? This reminds me I should make an appt to get mine put on
  • balanc41balanc41 Member Posts: 1,509 Member Member Posts: 1,509 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    oooh what movies? I'm looking for ideas for this weekend :) I want to do haunting of hill house and the bly manor one, but not sure what else is out there. We binged on Lore last weekend and that was weird and creepy.

    Hill house was good! I heard bly manor was not as good
  • balanc41balanc41 Member Posts: 1,509 Member Member Posts: 1,509 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I wouldn't enjoy that. I don't think I'd survive, haha. Here in Georgia, everything pretty much shuts down after an inch or two of snow.
    balanc41 wrote: »
    Of the snow, not 70 degree weather, haha
    balanc41 wrote: »
    Snow has finally hit!
    5hs8opr0zguh.jpeg
    178ozhi0hb2o.jpeg

    Yeah it wasn’t fun to drive in last night. Could only go about 40 tops on the intestate. Took me over an hour to get home last night.🤣

    @balanc41 do you have snow tires? This reminds me I should make an appt to get mine put on

    I have never used snow tires but maybe I should 🤣
  • FutureFit2020FutureFit2020 Member Posts: 126 Member Member Posts: 126 Member
    Mmm no one's ever hit on me on this site. I suppose putting up a pofile pic of my fat cat's face might not be very sexy. Speaking of that, I'm still pondering @Diatonic12 's comment, about it being homey and pleasant here. That's probably being we're all boring old farts here, being middle aged and all that.

    My daughter nearly baked me a carrot cake (assignment in school, but it was optional), however when she realised there's actual carrot in carrot cake, she bailed.

    Sensible girl. Don't waste your pudding on veg! :D
  • FutureFit2020FutureFit2020 Member Posts: 126 Member Member Posts: 126 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Good morning all - happy Friday eve! Slept completely through the night last night for the first time since I can remember so maybe I'll be good and switch from coffee to water earlier than I usually do:)

    @AliNouveau - that sounds delicious. I don't think anyone around here offers meal kits. Are they like those mail order-all the ingredients and directions included you do the cooking meals?

    @cgrout78 - good homemade mac and cheese is definitely one of those comfort foods that I'll splurge on!

    @forestfreek - I'm glad I found this group for the same reasons you mentioned. Kinda prefer to keep my fitness and Tinder goals separate 😂 (JK!)

    So this kit comes with steaks or ribs, I chose steaks. It's for two people so you get two twice baked potatoes which you just reheat in the oven, asparagus, bread, salad and cheesecake. I added another dessert that is their classic signature dessert and a bottle of wine. We always figure these restaurants are trying to might as well bulk up the bill. They give you step by step directions for everything. They even give a little container of oil and salt and pepper, a container of steak spice and salad dressing. I'll post a pic when I get it tomorrow. I really enjoy cooking but these kits are kind of fun. I got a grocery store one the other day

    Steak seems risky as it's easy to f*&k up if you're not a confident cook though and then you've probably spent quite a bit! I'm a vegetarian but I occasionally make them for my husband and I spend the entire time staring at it willing it to not overcook :D
  • FutureFit2020FutureFit2020 Member Posts: 126 Member Member Posts: 126 Member
    I wouldn't enjoy that. I don't think I'd survive, haha. Here in Georgia, everything pretty much shuts down after an inch or two of snow.
    balanc41 wrote: »
    Of the snow, not 70 degree weather, haha
    balanc41 wrote: »
    Snow has finally hit!
    5hs8opr0zguh.jpeg
    178ozhi0hb2o.jpeg

    Yeah it wasn’t fun to drive in last night. Could only go about 40 tops on the intestate. Took me over an hour to get home last night.🤣

    I live in the UK. It literally snows every year and every year people look into the sky in confusion and then the trains stop working. Every year. Every damn year.

    We had to get salt/grit airlifted in from other better prepared countries in the past.
  • FutureFit2020FutureFit2020 Member Posts: 126 Member Member Posts: 126 Member
    And it's teeny tiny barely there snow btw. And still.
  • Diatonic12Diatonic12 Member Posts: 19,832 Member Member Posts: 19,832 Member
  • IndyRick1IndyRick1 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Well, I'm a little past middle age, but sure would like to have a new friend or two on here to help along the way---total noob!
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 36,288 Member Member Posts: 36,288 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Good morning all - happy Friday eve! Slept completely through the night last night for the first time since I can remember so maybe I'll be good and switch from coffee to water earlier than I usually do:)

    @AliNouveau - that sounds delicious. I don't think anyone around here offers meal kits. Are they like those mail order-all the ingredients and directions included you do the cooking meals?

    @cgrout78 - good homemade mac and cheese is definitely one of those comfort foods that I'll splurge on!

    @forestfreek - I'm glad I found this group for the same reasons you mentioned. Kinda prefer to keep my fitness and Tinder goals separate 😂 (JK!)

    So this kit comes with steaks or ribs, I chose steaks. It's for two people so you get two twice baked potatoes which you just reheat in the oven, asparagus, bread, salad and cheesecake. I added another dessert that is their classic signature dessert and a bottle of wine. We always figure these restaurants are trying to might as well bulk up the bill. They give you step by step directions for everything. They even give a little container of oil and salt and pepper, a container of steak spice and salad dressing. I'll post a pic when I get it tomorrow. I really enjoy cooking but these kits are kind of fun. I got a grocery store one the other day

    Steak seems risky as it's easy to f*&k up if you're not a confident cook though and then you've probably spent quite a bit! I'm a vegetarian but I occasionally make them for my husband and I spend the entire time staring at it willing it to not overcook :D

    Hahah get a meet thermometer. It'll make it perfect every time. I used my meet thermometer more for testing the doneness of bread though. Hmmmm
Sign In or Register to comment.