The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• razrbak94
    razrbak94 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yay, found my group! 50 and striving for the best “me” I can be.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    We are pretty much the best of the best around here :)
  • razrbak94
    razrbak94 Posts: 18 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    We are pretty much the best of the best around here :)
    Sounds like I’ll be in good company... time to go walk.
  • coffee_n_weights
    coffee_n_weights Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Enjoying the crazy warm weather here for one more day. Not sure how long I'll be working in place yet (I work in a school) since the whole covid thing is getting worse but for today, I'm here.

@cgrout78 - that is frustrating. I hope he gets his results quickly.

@AliNouveau - that is so strange! I hope it's just some weird dust or something on the tv?? (and that it doesn't get worse)
  • FutureFit2020
    FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday!!!
    What's a better way to end Monday than hubs buying a giant tv in an online auction and having some weird allergic reaction making me wheezy and itchy. Gotta love 2020 just gets weirder and werider

I second dust.

Unless you have a pet allergy?
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    We don't have pets, hubs is allergic. I'm pretty sure it is molds from the leaves falling. It's been unseasonably warm here and seem to recall about 20 years ago this would happen every year. Then I'd be prescribed an inhaler and end up with a sore throat. I need to rake the leaves so I'll just wear one of my masks.

Or I'll blame the stupid tv hubs bought haha. I think we need to get a new house to fit the darn tv in
  • thorenkate
    thorenkate Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im not new to MFP but back in it to prepare for my 40th birthday! Want to shed 15 lbs. Would love to find a support group of similar people looking to do the same. Definitely missing the support!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Hahaha, it's a tv allergy for sure! I'm allergic for mine too, as husband here likes to watch it on volume 10, drives me absolutely bonkers. We're forever arguing over the volume button on that thing.

Speaking of pets, in a roundabout way, we'll be getting a kitten soon! We lost a cat 2 months ago in a freak incident when she escaped her cat carrier and we never found her back. So now we only have our Fat Cat Luna. We got Luna via a cat foster family who two days ago received another cat plus her 5 kittens for fostering. They're too small for adoption now, but in about 3 weeks we can collect our new fluff ball.

Oooh yay for kittens. We'll need lots of pics of course
  • stevewallen
    stevewallen Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Early 30s!! Would like to be at 140 at least I started my journey at 164 ... I’m 5’1 so that was an unpleasant look.... just trying to stay healthy, coming from a Spanish family that’s hard ! Lol

Welcome! When you get stuck, I think you'll find a super-encouraging community here!

Steve
  • stevewallen
    stevewallen Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    thorenkate wrote: »
    Im not new to MFP but back in it to prepare for my 40th birthday! Want to shed 15 lbs. Would love to find a support group of similar people looking to do the same. Definitely missing the support!

The support here is awesome! Welcome!

Steve
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Hope you feel better! I've had wheezing for the first time in a long time, this year. In spring ( March through July) it was the worst. I think,for me, the anxiety from the pandemic caused worse asthma and allergies than usual.
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    We don't have pets, hubs is allergic. I'm pretty sure it imolds from the leaves falling. It's been unseasonably warm here and seem to recall about 20 years ago this would happen every year. Then I'd be prescribed an inhaler and end up with a sore throat. I need to rake the leaves so I'll just wear one of my masks.

Or I'll blame the stupid tv hubs bought haha. I think we need to get a new house to fit the darn tv in

I've worked out and raked leaves and still feel ok thanks.

My husband wheezes all the time, his lungs are a mess which is why we have been strict during the pandemic, but it's a bit unnerving hope you're doing better
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    good morning Middle-agers :) Hump day here and on the downhill slide into the weekend already. The weather has been nuts lately The nights have been very cool 9c and days only mid 20c.. so weird for this time of year. Sunday is supposed to be 39c though.. I hate when the heat comes suddenly, I prefer to build up to it lol.
    I hope you are all staying warm and safe over there 🙂
  • Cusneddie
    Cusneddie Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    45 from TN need to trim down these love handles 😁
  • ErickGuzman
    ErickGuzman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    30 🙌🏼
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day sweetie pies! Hope this day will be good for you <3
    Fairly boring week here, we're still on lockdown, but numbers dropping big time, think we had only 270 cases yesterday, so we're definitely going in the right direction again.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Happy Hump Day sweetie pies! Hope this day will be good for you <3
    Fairly boring week here, we're still on lockdown, but numbers dropping big time, think we had only 270 cases yesterday, so we're definitely going in the right direction again.

Wow hopefully you'll be out of lockdown soon.
    We're still under restrictions but I think they need to lock down. Our cases have been steadily climbing for the past week. One of the suburbs isn't doing well at all. Hopefully they can get it under control.

It's November 11, Remembrance Day, Lest we forget. A sombre day to remember those who gave their lives so we can live ours
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that your numbers are going down Luna...wish ours were here.

and yes, Veterans Day here. If anyone on here has served, thank you for your duty.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    Glad to hear that your numbers are going down Luna...wish ours were here.

and yes, Veterans Day here. If anyone on here has served, thank you for your duty.

We heard on the news today a medical person from Britain saying he thinks by spring the vaccine could be distributed en masse and we might be able to return to normalish times. There's hope!