Starving 15 mins after eating an apple and a yogurt

Options
I had an apple and a yogurt for a morning snack at work about 15 mins later I'm feeling literally starving?

Replies

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    What did you have for breakfast, and how much are you eating generally? Have you recently reduced how much you are eating, and if so, how recently? Apple and a yoghurt is a fine snack, but if you have serious hunger brewing, that won't be enough to hold it off.
  • AngeleyesJo
    AngeleyesJo Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've been eating about 1600-1700 calories, I'm five pounds off my goal, someone said I might need to up my calories a bit, for breakfast I had cereal, soya milk, grapes, nuts
  • AngeleyesJo
    Options
    Just want to add my job can be physically demanding I eat breakfast about 7.25 and then something around 10.30 but I can never ease my hunger at this time
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Is your period due soon? I'm always starving the week before mine.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I've been eating about 1600-1700 calories, I'm five pounds off my goal, someone said I might need to up my calories a bit, for breakfast I had cereal, soya milk, grapes, nuts

What height are you?
  • AngeleyesJo
    Options

What height are you?

I'm 5ft 1
  • AngeleyesJo
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Is your period due soon? I'm always starving the week before mine.

No
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

What height are you?

I'm 5ft 1

And have you been regularly losing eating those calories til now? and if so how much per week? As your job is active you could well eat some more and just lose at a slower rate. Mostly though adjusting what you eat so you're getting more protein in will help keep you fuller for longer.
  • AngeleyesJo
    Options
    Yes been losing about a pound sometimes two
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Well there you go then, you are burning more calories so your body is telling you it needs more fuel - you could definately increase your calories by at least 250 -500 a day, perhaps more. Its a matter of trial and error.
    When we are down to that last few pounds its better to lose at a slower rate so we don't lose too much muscle mass along with the fat.

So eat a bigger breakfast and for your snack add something more to that - that'll keep those hunger pangs at bay.
  • AngeleyesJo
    Options
    Did I wait too long to eat?
  • AngeleyesJo
    Options
    Could you have a look at my diary it's open
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Could you have a look at my diary it's open

don't you eat dinner? I only went back 3 days though. Your breakfast looks good for protein, but there are some quick add entries for other meals. You're not logging everything you eat ?
    You say you have been losing weight so the logging isn't actually your problem, its just that you are not eating enough hence why you are losing up to 2lbs a week and its probably why you feel so hungry.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I'd have that snack with a big giant cup of tea...I don't know why it works for me but it does. ;)
  • ArticaGPB
    ArticaGPB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It takes 20 min from your stomach to tell your brain that it is full, that is why eating slowly will help losing weight as you will eat less until your brain register that you are full.