Ladies, would you date a guy who dislikes gay people?

Options
bemyyfriend0918
bemyyfriend0918 Posts: 241 Member
So my question is this. My closest friend is a gay male. My brother is also gay and has a wonderful fiancé who I absolutely adore. We hang out often and usually do things together as a group. The guy ive been seeing says he doesn't approve of a gay lifestyle and doesn't even want to be in the same room with them because of this. Im thinking this is a deal breaker, but I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience? Im guessing there isn't a way to change his mind.

Is it really common still in modern society for Strait males to feel uncomfortable around gays? I didn't even think people still thought like that! People are people to me, regardless of orientation.

Replies

• JSaus13
    JSaus13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    He's not worth your time. I think if you continued to date him, your best friend and brother would be hurt (just my opinion). Let this guy do his judging far away from you and your family.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Yup. Deal breaker. Big time. Several members of my family re gay, as are some of my friends, and if my SO couldn't accept my family and friends because of their sexual preference, he'd be gone. *poof*
  • dfc4
    dfc4 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If he was dying of Blood cancer and finds out that a gay guy had a perfect bone marrow match.
    He would probably think that gays are ok after that.

• angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't
  • JSaus13
    Options
    Doesn't want to be in the same room. Definitely in the closet. In fact, many homophobic men fall into the sexually insecure category and have personal gay proclivities.

I have often thought that.

How many times have you heard from the anti-gay people, "If they hit on me, I'll kick their *kitten*." Seriously, what are the chances that the gay person will find non-gay person attractive. Not all gay people (or straight people) are sexual deviants.
  • JSaus13
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    People are people to me, regardless of orientation.
    I disagree. I despise people who walk backwards. :angry:

You made me giggle.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    If he is that much of a closed minded individual then, no, I would not continue to date him
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Deal breaker. I wouldn't have anything to do with a guy who detested and shunned my brother and close friends. Plus, I can't stand people who completely reject entire groups of people. Just exchange the word "gay" for any other group of people (race, gender, religion, socio-economic status) and see how that sounds. Sounds like an a-hole to me. I guess if you agree with his stance, you would keep him, but otherwise, why would you WANT him? Drop this guy - fast.
  • bemyyfriend0918
    bemyyfriend0918 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Doesn't want to be in the same room. Definitely in the closet. In fact, many homophobic men fall into the sexually insecure category and have personal gay proclivities.

These were my thoughts also! I've dated other men who had no problem with my brother and his fiancé, and in fact enjoyed it when we would all hang out. Something doesn't seem right.