Ladies, would you date a guy who dislikes gay people?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Gay guys don't bother me in the least...

I always just thought : More available chickas for me !

• Marqiiz
    Marqiiz Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I love gay people.

What's up ladies. :*

• PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    He is secretly gay himself and not comfortable with the idea.... lol... He is afraid of his own sexuality. I have a number of friends that are gay, I happen to be straight. They are just like any of my other friends, you should just pass on this guy... hes not worth it.. Think about how uncomfortable family gatherings will be, ? and the drama is not worth it.
  • swagoner94
    swagoner94 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    So my question is this. My closest friend is a gay male. My brother is also gay and has a wonderful fiancé who I absolutely adore. We hang out often and usually do things together as a group. The guy ive been seeing says he doesn't approve of a gay lifestyle and doesn't even want to be in the same room with them because of this. Im thinking this is a deal breaker, but I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience? Im guessing there isn't a way to change his mind.

Is it really common still in modern society for Strait males to feel uncomfortable around gays? I didn't even think people still thought like that! People are people to me, regardless of orientation.

I disagree with the lifestyle myself, but some of my closest friends are gay and it doesn't change how I treat them. My two closest friends at work are gay and I we hang out all the time! I don't "approve" of the lifestyle, but I love the person.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    _unsteady_ wrote: »
    PowerMan40 wrote: »
    He is secretly gay himself and not comfortable with the idea.... lol... He is afraid of his own sexuality. I have a number of friends that are gay, I happen to be straight. They are just like any of my other friends , you should just pass on this guy... hes not worth it.. Think about how uncomfortable family gatherings will be, ? and the drama is not worth it.

Wrongo! Gay guys are waaay funnier than straight guys they're better wingmen too

you are actually right on all of those point lol ...and they can fix my outfit for me, since im color blind.... lol
  • Marqiiz
    Marqiiz Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Marqiiz wrote: »
    I love gay people.

What's up ladies. :*
    I'd like to ask you out on a bro date.

Let's do this!
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    KrazyDaizy wrote: »
    Just because you don't agree with one's sexual preference (or political views or religion) doesn't mean you can't respect, love and have a personal relationship with them.

Political views/religion are world views that we choose and/or can change. Some of my friends were simply born gay...they can't simply choose to be straight.

Personally, I wouldn't have a "personal relationship" with someone who didn't "agree" with such a central aspect of who I am.

Maybe if they were immediate family, then I'd muscle through... But just for friends, there are enough people in the world, that I'd rather have my "personal relationships" be with people who don't "disagree" with how I was born. Just a personal preference though... I'm picky about who I'm close with.

Did I use the wrong words? Thanks for highlighting words you felt I said that offended you apparently. I didn't say anyone CHOSE to be gay, I would never say that nor do I believe that. I'm saying, people can be different and be friends. It's really as simple as that. If people choose to segregate themselves with people that only believe how they do then that's on them. I choose not to do that.

My philosophy: You do you, I'll do me.

I love all people except a#%holes. I don't like them.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Uh-oh.

eta: biting my tongue in half
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I'm picky about who I'm close with.

As well you should be. :smile:
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Not liking someone for superficial reasons is a sure sign of immaturity. If he does this, there are probably more aspects of life that he is going to be really immature about also...so, as a straight dude who has no problem at all with gay dudes (I even have 2 or 3 that I hang out with and they are some of the best people in the world) I would say run from this guy. He's not grown up enough.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I won't let my own family disrespect people based on sexual orientation, forget some random guy
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    PowerMan40 wrote: »
    He is secretly gay himself and not comfortable with the idea.... ]

[Think about how uncomfortable family gatherings will be, ? and the drama is not worth it.

Can you imagine the scene if he showed up to a family dinner wearing the same shirt as someone else?

The Horror.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Just because you don't agree with one's sexual preference (or political views or religion) doesn't mean you can't respect, love and have a personal relationship with them.

Political views/religion are world views that we choose and/or can change. Some of my friends were simply born gay...they can't simply choose to be straight.

Personally, I wouldn't have a "personal relationship" with someone who didn't "agree" with such a central aspect of who I am.

Maybe if they were immediate family, then I'd muscle through... But just for friends, there are enough people in the world, that I'd rather have my "personal relationships" be with people who don't "disagree" with how I was born. Just a personal preference though... I'm picky about who I'm close with.

Did I use the wrong words? Thanks for highlighting words you felt I said that offended you apparently. I didn't say anyone CHOSE to be gay, I would never say that nor do I believe that. I'm saying, people can be different and be friends. It's really as simple as that. If people choose to segregate themselves with people that only believe how they do then that's on them. I choose not to do that.

My philosophy: You do you, I'll do me.

You didn't offend me, babe. No worries. Just bc someone disagrees with your or engages you in conversation, doesn't mean they were offended by you.

My purpose in highlighting that sexual orientation is not a choice, it to demonstrate how it is not on the same level to me as political views/religion. I could be friends w/ someone who didn't agree with my political or religious views. But the way I was born...that wold be harder for me. Just pointing out that difference.

But yes... You do you, I'll do :smile:

...Or we can all do each other....errr

Just wanted to make it clear that I do NOT believe that way based on the word "preference", but I can see how that could be considered "choice" vs someone being born that way. :)

I love errbody!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Deal breaker
    I would never date somebody and narrow minded as that

Secondly that is a red flag - of he does not want to be in the same room as gay people the next step could well be trying to stop you from seeing your best friend and brother because of his discomfort.
    Either he tries to become part of your world with gay people and gets to know these people that are so important to you or I'd say open the door and shove him out

Remember you mention 3 people very important to you. That should be enough to say - Dud you ain't worth my time.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I could never be gay.

.... I simply don't find Diana Ross to be all that fabulous.

Well she is

And so is Cher, Madonna, Bette Midler.... the stereotypes are beyond true

Oh yeah?

Well now, if Diana Ross is so fabulous, then how much can she bench press?

I reckon we have different criteria when it comes to fabulous. ...