Liver Flush

Options

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    tnbeelady wrote: »
    I have done cleanses and have had some success getting cholesterol globules to exit my body. The cleanse I used was Hulda Clark's. I did not have any issues at the time, so I cannot testify to "ridding" my body of gallstones. I saw that what was released and it was an abundance of small yellowish green sized cholesterol globules.
    What you actually saw was all the undigested fat from the 1/2 cup of olive oil you were required to drink to perform your "cleanse". I looked up Clark's recipe. So sorry, it was not "cholesterol globules", whatever that is.

It sure is a great example of the kind of woo and silliness consumers are convinced into believing by these snake oil peddling quacks, though.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I have done cleanses and have had some success getting cholesterol globules to exit my body. The cleanse I used was Hulda Clark's. I did not have any issues at the time, so I cannot testify to "ridding" my body of gallstones. I saw that what was released and it was an abundance of small yellowish green sized cholesterol globules.
    What you actually saw was all the undigested fat from the 1/2 cup of olive oil you were required to drink to perform your "cleanse". I looked up Clark's recipe. So sorry, it was not "cholesterol globules", whatever that is.
    I agree.
    Oh, gee....I do wonder what happens to fat when it comes in contact with a base....

You mean like an alkali? I'm no chemist, but fat + alkali = soap, right? So those are soap globules coming out? But I'm confused about where the alkali comes in, the recipe I looked at was basically oil + grapefruit juice + Epsom salts (and a few other ingredients) and I don't think Epsom salts are alkaline - or are they? I'm just interested to know what's really going on with this "cleanse".
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Thanks @diannethegeek, that makes sense!

So what are the Epsom salts for? Just make you feel horrible so you are convinced it must be good for you?

The whole thing is so cynical :(
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Thanks @diannethegeek, that makes sense!

So what are the Epsom salts for? Just make you feel horrible so you are convinced it must be good for you?

The whole thing is so cynical :(

I'm not sure what epsom salts are for in terms of liver cleansing lol but I know they have a fast acting very fun laxative effect
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    "Curds in your turds"... Thanks for the giggle, @diannethegeek ! :)

I notice OP seems to have left the building, by the way... funny how that always happens, ain't it?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    "Curds in your turds"... Thanks for the giggle, @diannethegeek ! :)

I notice OP seems to have left the building, by the way... funny how that always happens, ain't it?

Maybe he can't get to his computer right now - it's too far from the bathroom. :)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I agree.
    Oh, gee....I do wonder what happens to fat when it comes in contact with a base....

Dammit. Now I want to experiment to see if I can replicate the globules (in vitro not in vivo).
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    http://surgeonsblog.blogspot.com/2008/01/flush.html?m=1
    Let's start with a gentle statement of fact: OF ALL THE BOGUS, DISHONEST, DISINGENUOUS AND STUPID BULL**** THAT MASQUERADES AS ALTERNATIVE MEDICAL METHODOLOGY, "GALLBLADDER FLUSH" IS AT THE TOP OF THE LIST. THE PURVEYORS OF IT ARE, AT BEST, CREDULOUS; AT WORST, THEY ARE CHARLATANS AND (LITERAL) SNAKE-OIL SALESMEN WHO WILLFULLY DECEIVE AND STEAL FROM THE SICK AND THE VULNERABLE, AND ARE TO BE COUNTED AMONG THE SCUM OF THE EARTH.

Just quoting because I've been flagged for it once and I might as well pick up more flags, but also to add this:
    Over the years, particularly after the dawn of that series of tubes called the internet, patients have asked me about "gallbladder flush" as a method of eliminating gallstones. They've handed me recipes (which commonly include some sort of oil and something acidic like lemon-juice, with a few plants thrown in), and, in some cases, have proudly presented me with little cartons of their stool, containing what they are certain are stones they have pooped out as a result of drinking their herbalicious and natural remedies. Fortunately, as a surgeon, I'm well-used to staring at excrement in its many forms, both within and without the confines of the viscera generally expected to contain it. What I saw was curds. I know stones, and I know curds. These was curds, is what they was. Evidently, if you drink some kinds of oils and chase it with certain acidic substances, what you get is curds in your turds. What you don't get -- and trust me, I've seen the proof in pre- and post-glugging ultrasounds -- is change one in the number and nature of stones in your gallbladder.

for that guy being a surgeon I hate to see which school he attended and graduated from. (is what they was?)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I agree.

You mean like an alkali? I'm no chemist, but fat + alkali = soap, right? So those are soap globules coming out? But I'm confused about where the alkali comes in, the recipe I looked at was basically oil + grapefruit juice + Epsom salts (and a few other ingredients) and I don't think Epsom salts are alkaline - or are they? I'm just interested to know what's really going on with this "cleanse".

Yeah, I was making a silly pooping soap joke due to the 'alkalizing drink' that is mixed with the olive oil since the green pellets do look like olive oil saponified. ;)

Epsom salts are neutral.

But yes.. it is quite acidic in the stomach.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    savithny wrote: »
    Yep. I was scrolling to the end to make sure someone posted the fact that the "stones" are actually curds of olive oil soap.

This "cleanse" is kinda cleansing in that it makes SOAP come out of your BUTT. You make the soap IN YOUR BUTT.

But it doesn't remove ANYTHING from your gallbladder. Nothing, nada, not a single stone.

serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gifwave.com%2Fmedia%2F649811_gnarly-movies-wow-sean-penn-fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-spicoli.gif&sp=8a96a7bcfbeb4fde298b3eb98a9095a7
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    Then made some bad joke about French people having Charles de Gaulle stones
    This "cleanse" is kinda cleansing in that it makes SOAP come out of your BUTT. You make the soap IN YOUR BUTT.

I haven't laughed this much at a thread in a while.