Liver Flush

Options

Replies

• 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    David Wolfe, is that you?
    https://www.davidwolfe.com/liver-gallbladder-flush-protocol/

Plagiarism is not cool, dude, even if it is a woo-site.

That massive crock of erm.. kittens... appears to originally be from http://www.gillianb.com/, which (unsurprisingly) is a morass of woo and vapid nonsense
  • LilacLion
    LilacLion Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I had a couple pretty painful gall bladder attacks before anyone figured out what it was through an abdominal ultrasound. I think that this was in 2004 (maybe 05?). I was treated twice with horrid ER visits and medical personnel thinking I had a heart condition. (I don't)

The Primary Doctor thought it would be best to schedule my gall bladder's removal as soon as he figured it out. Me? I'm not a rip internal organs out of the body kind of gal. I sought a second opinion out and was rewarded with the wonderful Family Doctor and Nurse Practitioner that I still have on my health team today. I also did a Liver/GB Cleanse week which removed enough to negate the need for surgery according to a follow up ultrasound 2 weeks after the cleanse. They are greenish nasty little stones. I've not had any gall bladder pain or issues since.

I like what Hippocrates said, "Let Food Be thy Medicine." You can PM me for what I did and I suggest that finding a doctor or NP who is current on health research should be a top priority for you. Healthcare professionals should work with you and not dictate to you. IMO :) Hope you feel better soon.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Please link a source as to those 500 functions. I'm a few hundred short.
    Since gallstones are nothing more than crystallized bile salts that form in the gallbladder, I would more like to know how they "severely disrupt" the liver's performance.

Well they can clog up the bile duct, which links the gallbladder, the liver and the pancreas to the stomach. That probably qualifies as 'disrupting' the liver's performance (and it's not the only thing that's going to be disrupted...)

If this happens, you win a trip to the ER and a spot of emergency surgery, especially if the gallstone is stuck somewhere near where the pancreas merges into the bile duct. It's painful as hell and no 'flush' is going to help you survive that one. You'll probably be in too much pain (if you're still conscious that is) to actually swallow any of that woo. Then again, any sane person will head straight to the nearest doctor if with that level of pain.

All of this said: NONE of the 'remedies' and 'detoxes' peddled by snake oil merchants does anything to help prevent such a situation. All they do is part fools from their money.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    jelleigh wrote: »
    Hey OP.

I've read up on some natural gall stone remedies myself and thought they looked interesting. (Considering trying one myself!) The ones I saw were all using common household ingredients (for all the critical responses here about "wasting your money") and risk factors were low. In my experience with natural health remedies, they are best used when you arent in serious condition (great for preventative or mild cases) so give that consideration if you are going to do it. If you end up trying it, I'd love to hear how it goes for you! Otherwise - don't let some of these negative posts discourage you. I've found that this community only likes ideas THEY come up with. And people here fancy themselves experts because they are excellent at regurgitating information that someone else told them instead of doing research with an open mind.

Every trusted person here, that's given information; always provide reputable scientific evidence via links and/or ask a poster, to provide links; before accepting some statement as fact!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    @snowflake954 rats, you got to me just seconds before I corrected it.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease, help, it was the greatest!!!!! Ha, ha. :D:D:D
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    @ladyreva78 Yes, I knew when I left that out, someone would mention it. But I don't think that's what the poster meant. He suggests just having gallstones disrupt the lover, which is not true.

@snickerscharlie I asked the surgeon to save my gallstones, and I absolutely guarantee you they don't look like that green pea mash or avocado :D . Mine resembled rabbit pellets.

I love it "having gallstones disrupt the lover"--thanks for the laugh Noel.

A Freudian slip, indeed. B)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    @snickerscharlie I asked the surgeon to save my gallstones, and I absolutely guarantee you they don't look like that green pea mash or avocado :D . Mine resembled rabbit pellets.

Thanks, Noel, for confirming my guacamole-ish suspicions. <3