Liver Flush

Options

Replies

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Gallstones severely disrupt the performance of the liver, which has over 500 functions —which is why doing a flush is one of the most important things you can do.

David Wolfe, is that you?
    https://www.davidwolfe.com/liver-gallbladder-flush-protocol/

Plagiarism is not cool, dude, even if it is a woo-site.

Had to go read what it was - wow that sound horrid! Why would anyone do that to themselves?

I'd rather prepare for a colonoscopy.

I agree - I had to do colonoscopy prep twice in one week and I'd rather do that again than that liver cleanse.
  • airforceman1979
    airforceman1979 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good no just no how does this to them self there's no point and good I be seek for a week
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Is this a cruel joke? I really hope no one listens to any of what the OP said. Gallstones are in your gallbladder if you are so unlucky to have them in the first place and your liver doesn't do over 500 things. Name 50 please or even 20?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad that anyone would think this was a good idea :(
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Liver flushes and juice cleanses. It's been another typical Friday on MFP. :|

Isn't it Saturday? Don't get me wrong. I'm thankful for this thread. It isn't often that so many people agree on something. This thread has at least been uniting in a way that a round of Kumbaya wouldn't have been.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My bad. It is Saturday. I have brain fog. Time for some alkalizing lemon water.

It's Sunday afternoon here :smiley:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @nutmegoreo My bad. It is Saturday. I have brain fog. Time for some alkalizing lemon water.

I'll forgive you, but only because I know you haven't juice cleansed in a while. You are probably full of sludge.

Well he's way off then. I was kinda hoping he was right, and I could have an extra day.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options

Yep ... here too. :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

It makes me sad that so many people have no idea just what their organs do or how things work.

Yes ...

I'd suggest people take an anatomy class or something similar at their local college before they spend a cent on a "cleanse".
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Gallstones severely disrupt the performance of the liver, which has over 500 functions —which is why doing a flush is one of the most important things you can do.

When I had my stones my doctor never mentioned any liver flush. There was flushing involved as a result of the medication to help me pass them (sorry to be gross). If I hadn't passed them with the meds surgery would have likely been the next option.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

It makes me sad that so many people have no idea just what their organs do or how things work.

Yes ...

I'd suggest people take an anatomy class or something similar at their local college before they spend a cent on a "cleanse".

Here too! Happy Sunday.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It is mindblowing, the kind of rot that people put in a book and make money from.
  • scarlet67
    scarlet67 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    In the UK you can buy milk thistle from Holland and Barrett. Its supposed to help cleanse the liver. Never used it though.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hey OP.

I've read up on some natural gall stone remedies myself and thought they looked interesting. (Considering trying one myself!) The ones I saw were all using common household ingredients (for all the critical responses here about "wasting your money") and risk factors were low. In my experience with natural health remedies, they are best used when you arent in serious condition (great for preventative or mild cases) so give that consideration if you are going to do it. If you end up trying it, I'd love to hear how it goes for you! Otherwise - don't let some of these negative posts discourage you. I've found that this community only likes ideas THEY come up with. And people here fancy themselves experts because they are excellent at regurgitating information that someone else told them instead of doing research with an open mind.