2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Options

Replies

• hippie_spirit
    hippie_spirit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    hi. i would love a mentor! i am 57 and tired of being a "fragile princess". i am interested in becoming stronger and healthy and losing weight along the way. i am 5'0 and weigh too much. wife. mom to 3. grandmother to 2. photographer. nature lover. love to read, kayak and ride my bike. knee replacement in my future.
    if you think we'd be a good fit ... i would be grateful for the help.
  • billyincharleston
    billyincharleston Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am looking for an Accountability Buddy (to be adopted).

One thing I have realized that I am lacking in my life, for my health and wellness goals, is an accountability buddy. Discipline and structure are two major components that I definitely need help developing within myself. I think having a buddy that is committed to health and fitness will give me the major push I need to hold me accountable to putting in the work at the gym and stop making all my excuses for just be lazy.

I am located in Charleston, SC, but I am looking for online and over the phone friends and buddies to like check in daily or regularly with and monitor each other's habits and progress.

Thanks for listening,

Billy
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be mentored too! I've started in MFP three weeks ago. I've logged everyday but still no weight loss. I'm 45 years old, 5'9 and have 35 pounds to lose. I suffer with hypothyroidism abd hashimotos. I've had issues with eating disorders for a good part of my life and really want to move forward now. It would be lovely to have someone I could be accountable to. Patricia :-)
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Much thanks to the new mentors who have offered to adopt a noob!

Anyone posting to be adopted please be sure to read the opening post and reach out to a potential mentor via private messages.
  • nic370
    nic370 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need adoption!! I'm getting back into working out after being severely depressed (health issues). I'm 35, on the East coast, married with a kid. I also work in athletics so I have access to a gym :smile:
  • ginakristie
    ginakristie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pick me! lol. I need one too.
  • PandaTami
    PandaTami Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    would like to find a mentor that gets my disability constraints and have overcome similar hurdles... please.... will include humour and sarcasm free to the right mentor lol
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    PandaTami wrote: »
    would like to find a mentor that gets my disability constraints and have overcome similar hurdles... please.... will include humour and sarcasm free to the right mentor lol
    As my mentor-bio mentions, I am in a wheelchair. After you take a look at all Mentor posts here, please let me know if you believe that we'd get along.
  • zara1296
    zara1296 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Looking for a mentor. 18 year old girl who loves to run and kn the path for a healthier future! If you can please help!
  • dl_01
    dl_01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am keen for adoption! Just getting started on making some healthy changes in my life and I'm needing some advice/education/direction.

I'm 45 years old and my main motivation is to get myself leading a more healthy life as an example to my two young girls.
  • penelope1001
    penelope1001 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Would love a mentor! I am 42, have two little boys and work full time- with a lot of weight to lose. Just hit me that I am heaver now then I was when I was pregnant, so need to get myself together.
  • Fiqahana
    Fiqahana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This adopt thing is obviously a new thing to me. But I would love to be adopted! I'm more comfortable with females and if they were young adults that would be great. But age doesn't matter to me, as long as it's a female lol :smile:

Here's some background about me, and please reach out to me via inbox if you wanna adopt me, thanks a lot! :smiley:

Hi everyone, I'm Hana. I'm 21 years old. I joined MFP on 2013 but I guess never really stuck with it. So currently, I'm on an almost 4 months semester break from university so figured I better focus on myself, just losing weight and getting healthy. I was at my heaviest by the end of February 2017 where I weighed almost 125kg. I currently weight 117kg and is working hard to at least be 110kg by the end of June and my main goal for my semester break is to be 90kg or at least below 100kg by the end of August.

I was diagnosed with GERD at the end of February 2017 and was hospitalized for 4 days because of it. It felt terrible as I felt like it was hard to breath, it's like a sensation of a lump in the throat. At the hospital I kept on throwing up the food I ate, I couldn't even sleep, I was crying most of the time because my GERD was really bad, I had to be on Xanax for a few days just so I could get some rest. It has been almost 3 months of me dealing with GERD and I have on medication yet I still have the symptoms, although it is now better as I do not throw up anymore and I am able to sleep. I am going to make an appointment for an endoscopy very soon just to be clear on what is the cause of my GERD and hopefully after that I will be able to get suitable medications that will make me recover 100%. One of my doctors did say losing weight my just be the cure for my GERD and after doing some research, I did find that what he said is true and most people who have GERD does feel better after losing weight. So, I hope when I do lose weight, I'll be so much healthier and happier as well and my GERD will be gone completely, forever.

So basically, I am determined to lose all this weight and be completely healthy again. I am going to take control of my life, this is it. Here's to a better life, a better me. If you have GERD or maybe you just wanna be friends, add me as a friend. I'd love to have people to encourage me get on the right track and it will be my honour to encourage my fellow friends to stay motivated as well. Have a nice day everyone! Thank you for reading, I appreciate it! :smiley:
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Fiqahana wrote: »
    This adopt thing is obviously a new thing to me. But I would love to be adopted! I'm more comfortable with females and if they were young adults that would be great. But age doesn't matter to me, as long as it's a female lol :smile:

Here's some background about me, and please reach out to me via inbox if you wanna adopt me, thanks a lot! :smiley:

Hi everyone, I'm Hana. I'm 21 years old. I joined MFP on 2013 but I guess never really stuck with it. So currently, I'm on an almost 4 months semester break from university so figured I better focus on myself, just losing weight and getting healthy. I was at my heaviest by the end of February 2017 where I weighed almost 125kg. I currently weight 117kg and is working hard to at least be 110kg by the end of June and my main goal for my semester break is to be 90kg or at least below 100kg by the end of August.

I was diagnosed with GERD at the end of February 2017 and was hospitalized for 4 days because of it. It felt terrible as I felt like it was hard to breath, it's like a sensation of a lump in the throat. At the hospital I kept on throwing up the food I ate, I couldn't even sleep, I was crying most of the time because my GERD was really bad, I had to be on Xanax for a few days just so I could get some rest. It has been almost 3 months of me dealing with GERD and I have on medication yet I still have the symptoms, although it is now better as I do not throw up anymore and I am able to sleep. I am going to make an appointment for an endoscopy very soon just to be clear on what is the cause of my GERD and hopefully after that I will be able to get suitable medications that will make me recover 100%. One of my doctors did say losing weight my just be the cure for my GERD and after doing some research, I did find that what he said is true and most people who have GERD does feel better after losing weight. So, I hope when I do lose weight, I'll be so much healthier and happier as well and my GERD will be gone completely, forever.

So basically, I am determined to lose all this weight and be completely healthy again. I am going to take control of my life, this is it. Here's to a better life, a better me. If you have GERD or maybe you just wanna be friends, add me as a friend. I'd love to have people to encourage me get on the right track and it will be my honour to encourage my fellow friends to stay motivated as well. Have a nice day everyone! Thank you for reading, I appreciate it! :smiley:
    I unfortunately can't get the app to let me send PMs today, but I would like to help you out if I can. Although I don't understand GERD, I am a young woman who understands college stress and how that affects weight. I am also Christian, in case that matters in any way. I will try to offer a Friend Request with another copy of my full mentor-bio later.
    Good luck!
  • kaydt8003
    kaydt8003 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kendell
  • rtopor
    rtopor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hope it's not too late for me to join in! I'm a 19 year old female living in central New York. I've been battling anorexia for 3 years now. Because of this I was unable to work out and was forced to gain weight relatively fast, so now I want to work out little by little to become more confident in my body while also getting the body I wanted but couldn't have because of starvation. I'm 5 foot 4 and weigh 120 pounds and would like to weigh no less than 115. If you're willing to help me out please message me :)
  • shazi89
    shazi89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Someone please adopt me!!!

Looking to lose 15kg.
    Currently weight training 3x a week.
    Fast paced walking 3x a week.
    I train at home with dumbells, mostly googled programs, so help in that department would also be awesome.

Calorie breakdown 1500
    P 150, C 150, F 33
    TDEE: 2387

I'm getting married 3 months time, I am desperate to be smaller by then, I really don't want to be a fat bride.

So if anyone is willing, please let me know
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    shazi89 wrote: »
    Someone please adopt me!!!

Looking to lose 15kg.
    Currently weight training 3x a week.
    Fast paced walking 3x a week.
    I train at home with dumbells, mostly googled programs, so help in that department would also be awesome.

Calorie breakdown 1500
    P 150, C 150, F 33
    TDEE: 2387

I'm getting married 3 months time, I am desperate to be smaller by then, I really don't want to be a fat bride.

So if anyone is willing, please let me know

That's 30 lbs + in 3 months! not realistic at all sorry to say :/ - half of that perhaps is a possibility and would be a healthier loss given the timescale but at least make a start and each few pounds will make a difference.

All the best.
  • chantalgal
    chantalgal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would love if someone adopted me. I've recently joined MFP this week. My goal is to lose 105 pounds in a healthy manner, I would like to lose and maintain my weight loss. I have a very sedentary job so physical activity is a challenge for me. I try to walk 30-60 minutes at least 5 days a week. I'm also looking into joining a nearby complex to go swimming a few times a week. Please let me know if we would be a good fit. Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey. :)
  • ISparkyI
    ISparkyI Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I could definitely benefit from someone adopting me. I am enthusiastic, but I do have problems with my off days. My primary goal would be to have my mindset locked in 24/7 so I can have less off days than usual. The other thing I have a focus on is Intermittent Fasting and getting my body into a state of Ketosis. Exercise is another challenge for me, and would really appreciate if anyone has exercises that I can start with and build a base from. I am aiming for 1 to 1.5 pounds a week if possible.

Doesn't matter if male or female, I just know that I would do the best to make my mentor proud. Thanks and Good Luck!
  • angillady1976
    angillady1976 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I could use a mentor. I am new to the program and still trying to figure things out. As a single mom it's difficult to find time to workout between everyone's busy schedules. Hope one of you wouldn't mind lending some much needed support. I'm so scared of failing once again.
This discussion has been closed.