2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Options

Replies

• ArisingSol
    ArisingSol Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Joined MFP recently and would love to be adopted, lol ~ Just turned 51 so would appreciate connecting with peeps in my age bracket who understand additional challenges that come with age. Thanks so much and good luck everyone!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP since October 2014 and have lost over 70#. I am 58, female and love to run, among other exercises. I am willing to help any ladies over 50 find their "me" weight. Please send me a message telling me where you found me. I am not a professional anything, just another traveler on the road to fitness.
  • mwalker834
    mwalker834 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    im just getting active again after illness, and starting out small. i have about 100 lbs to shed. i could really use a partner to help keep me accountable.
  • mrhsmrs
    mrhsmrs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 51 years old and need help. I have lived 95percent of my life with no problems and now all the sudden with menopause and health issues I desperately need help.
  • rebekahrozas
    rebekahrozas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be adopted! I need a motivation and accountability partner!
  • livesinpjs
    livesinpjs Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out and trying to lose around 30 pounds. I struggle with lack of energy but starting to notice a natural difference by trying to eat more protein. Adoption would be great. I am so uneducated on healthy!
  • djwunderlin
    djwunderlin Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I am starting a journey. I want to go from obese to normal weight. I don't know how long it will take, but I'm all in. If anyone is interested in mentoring me, I would appreciate the help. I am a 48 year old man living in Connecticut. I retired from the Navy and now work as an accountant. Thank you for taking a chance on me!
  • Rodzeus
    Rodzeus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be adopted! I need someone to help me be accountable. I'm a 24 year old PA student looking to lose some weight and gain some strength. I love cooking and binge control is my biggest goal. Looking to lose ~15lb.
  • Dangerrosive
    Dangerrosive Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Adopt me!
    I am 31/F/5'2"
    SW: 186
    CW: 174
    GW: 120
    I would really like to start lifting but I'm also really shy. My husband refuses to go to the gym with me. We have a treadmill but I hate running. I am currently working on adjusting my macros. For a while I was doing the vegetarian keto diet but its way too restrictive.
    For now I'm just going to count calories and try to work up the courage to go to a gym by myself.
  • samarrp
    samarrp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Could I be adopted? I am back where I started. It's depressing to go on the scales and see them not move from where you were two weeks ago. I'm tired and ready to give up.
    Yet. Here I am. Day 1. Looking for friends. Looking for mentors.
  • bugsy380
    bugsy380 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would like to be adopted because I need an accountability partner and I would like to have help with logging recipes
  • jegselk98
    jegselk98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a 60 year old female in search of support on need for a lifestyle makeover. I have over 100 pounds to lose so it seems daunting at this point of just starting. I like to walk and used to golf but my endurance is next to none now so need to lose some weight first. I would really appreciate someone who is supportive and encouraging to speak with on the journey. I am 63" tall and weight is 266 lbs. My job is essentially sedentary. My husband and I are also raising our two grandkids ages 5 and 8. Life is busy but I need to make time for myself and my health. Would welcome a mentor. Thanks in advance.
  • misscola
    misscola Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    appreciate to be adopted :#

little profile/background for ur consideration.
    turning 31, christian, goal is to lose another 30lbs.

i lost about 30lbs in the last quarter of 2015, with exercise (t25), weight lifting and controlled diet.
    met my ex in early 2016, and put back all the 30lbs :s we broke up w mths back. (devastating, but i trust my Lord)

lost 20lbs over the last few mths w t25, running, swimming, zumba and controlled diet. my target is another 30lbs. :D

would really appreciate someone for mentoring/support/motivation/advice :*
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    misscola wrote: »
    appreciate to be adopted :#

little profile/background for ur consideration.
    turning 31, christian, goal is to lose another 30lbs.

i lost about 30lbs in the last quarter of 2015, with exercise (t25), weight lifting and controlled diet.
    met my ex in early 2016, and put back all the 30lbs :s we broke up w mths back. (devastating, but i trust my Lord)

lost 20lbs over the last few mths w t25, running, swimming, zumba and controlled diet. my target is another 30lbs. :D

would really appreciate someone for mentoring/support/motivation/advice :*
    Welcome! If you read my mentor-bio and think we'd click, please shoot me a Friend Request in which you tell me about yourself and where you found me.
    That goes double for all the ladies who keep posting here. :)
  • CeiraDenise
    CeiraDenise Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know we are supposed to read the intros and find a mentor for ourselves .... But I am wanting to put this here JUST IN CASE any mentors go looking as well.

I'm 30, oh typing that hurts. Lol. I am looking to change my overall health and eating habits. I am having an issue cutting fat from my diet, for some reason it just seems to get in there. I have cut a lot of sugar and calories and I also use. I am in Texas/US.
  • sandy1340
    sandy1340 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am up for adoption...I have 15-20 lbs to loose it just seems so hard to get rid of does that make sense?
  • CharityL85
    CharityL85 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Would love to be adopted. I'm a mother of three that's been having trouble losing the rest of my weight, around 70lbs from the birth of my son. I suffer from PCOS and multiple back and hip problems, so I need someone that has knowledge about these issues and can work with me to achieve my goals. I would really love to be confident in myself again. I use FitBit as well. Can also use other programs if necessary, no fads though. Any help would be appreciated. Adopt this adorable puppy today
  • becca_hutton
    becca_hutton Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Can someone adopt meee!!! im 25.. Gained 2 stone real quick! Mainly in the thighs and the Butt! Weightloss journey is about to begin! Im excited/nervous. not sure how to stay motivated or on track!
  • jawjaws39
    jawjaws39 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to a ADOPTED!!!! gosh! look at ME!!!!
  • Kimikgetsfit
    Kimikgetsfit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I would love love love to be adopted!! I just started my fitness journey this year i have lost so far almost 20 pounds. I'm super super interested in gaining muscle and losing weight. I workout every day but I struggle with diet and finding something that works for me and my body. I'm 5'3 currently home after my first year of college. I really want to go back to college this upcoming semester looking as healthy and fit as i can be! :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.