2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Options

Replies

• aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I thought I had added myself to this thread

Oh I thought I added to this

I have lost weight over the last 18 months through slimming world - but now my weight has stalled
    I started at 241 and I am now 168

I went to the doctors today and need a repeat blood panel done due to some anomalies. He suggested this site

I was on UK based plan Slimming World and now on here

if there are no mentors at the moment I would loved to have some buddies so we could encourage each other

I am 60 and live in north wilts UK
  • mrgrace22
    mrgrace22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a mentor. We can push each to achieve greatness!

I've been using MFP since April. I must say MFP has helped me out GREATLY!!! I was at my heaviest of 243 pounds. I felt completely uncomfortable with the size. The most embrassing thing I disliked was my heavy breathing while walking and talking. I then realized that I can't go on this way. I purchased a smart watch and got moving counting my steps and jogging at the park. Right after that, the calorie counting came in and saved the day. As of today, I'am at 209 pounds. I'am 30% away from reaching my goal of 198. I've found a NEW love for health and fitness. So much so that I created an up and coming brand out of it, "Fit to Father." This journey is amazing and the people you meet are just as amazing. I encourage anyone who are doubting themselves to go against the negative voice in your mind and trust your heart! Believe and know that you are capable of all great things! Nothing and no one stands in the way of you living the life you deserve. I love you guys and I hope you lavish in all the joy of victory.
  • rin_regenerates
    Options
    I'm a noob looking for a mentor!

Yesterday, the people I cherish most expressed deep concern about my health and poor quality of living. It was a moment that completely shocked me and probably saved my life. I'm 5'6, 235 lbs, and absolutely insecure and miserable. I used to be a very athletic and confident person and I know that woman is still alive inside of me, and frankly I'm desperate to get her out. Hating yourself is exhausting. I have a FitBit that I really enjoy using, a dog that always needs a walk, and a very strong drive to change my life. I've spent the last 3 years waking up depressed and pathetic every single day- I refuse to spend another moment feeling trapped inside of myself.
  • Unknown_Pueblo
    Unknown_Pueblo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I need a motivational mentor/advice giver/nutritionalist helper. Adopt me!
  • qimner
    qimner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to be adopted! I am 22 years old and had gained quite a bit of weight in undergrad. I was mostly sedentary and had BAD eating habits. I've had an unhealthy relationship with food for quite some time now, which resulted in me having terrible self esteem. Now that I've started grad school, I want to live more responsibly, exercise, and develop some good habits once and for all.

I know I need to change my lifestyle, and I would really appreciate someone to give me some tips, motivation, and keep me accountable, or just someone to chat with!
  • Subrisii
    Subrisii Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would greatly appreciate being adopted! I'm a 24 year old woman who needs to lose about 80 lbs. I worked out to be fit years ago and managed to lose a fair amount of weight, but a happy marriage has definitely made me gain some comfort pounds back. I want to get healthier and not have to huff and puff my way up a staircase anymore!

Start: 220
    Current: 214
    Goal: 140

I would love someone who has any kind of advice or tips on how to lose weight! I'm currently calorie counting and trying to lose about 10-15lbs there before adding a workout regimen to my current lifestyle!
  • kappakappagamer
    Options
    Adopt me! I promise not to poop on your rug.

I needed to lose 80lbs, 10lbs of that is simply from the weight of my own ego
  • Mokafiness
    Mokafiness Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Helloo MFP'S, I hope yall are feeling good, inspired and motivated to reach new heights and levels in your fitness endeavours! Who ever needs help, support or advice feel free to add and interact. I am in no way shape or form claiming to be an expert nor qualified trainer but we can brainstorm whatever it is the issue to come up with a tailored solutions that would fit you.
    Have a great day folk.
    Omar
  • NareikMO
    NareikMO Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am Male, in my mid 30's and looking for someone to mentor me. i am a full time carer for my mum so dont get out much, i also have mental heal;th issues so need someone who can be patient with me but firm when needed. i have been trying to loose weight most of my adult life with little sucess but i am determined to do it this time.
  • eriksen_ken
    eriksen_ken Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I help one person. Criteria is that you get MFP premium. And you realy wanna do this. PM me.
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Keto mentors still have room?

I'm 39, started keto at 228/5'4" and at 45 days I'm at 208.4. In this for the long haul and some suggestions/corrections, accountability and comeraderie would sure be welcome.

P.S. I do have MFP premium if that matters.
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I am only interested in adopting people committed to getting results that will listen and abide by any nutritional tips and promise to say good bye to the current version of themself and work towards the best them they can be.

:smile:
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I help one person. Criteria is that you get MFP premium. And you realy wanna do this. PM me.

Why do you have a premium prerequisite out of interest?
  • mktom29
    mktom29 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be adopted! I recently turned 29. I am getting married next June and would love the support from someone else who has struggled with losing weight. I love being outside, reading, playing with my dog, and spending time with friends and family. I recently was put on insulin for diabetes, so I am motivated to lose weight and obtain a healthy lifestyle. I am excited to get a mentor -Mary Kate
  • LoveDLady
    LoveDLady Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like an adopted buddy. Having buddies on here is how I lost the weight the first time, I'm ready to do it again!

I'm Dana, I'm 28, I have three kids, recently divorced, and extremely sarcastic. If you need support buddies as well, I'd love to help offer support.
  • OkChargerFan
    OkChargerFan Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    No more sarcastic and facetious as me...
  • awoodnyc
    awoodnyc Posts: 33 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi, I'm Aubrey & I'm looking for a mentor!

-26 year old female
    -H: 5'3
    -SW: 169
    -CW: 162
    -GW: 120-130

Today is my 32nd day logging in, yay!
    I've been trying to stick to a 1200 calorie diet, I do have issues with emotional eating so I've definitely messed up a bit.
    I'm trying to make a true life-long change, hopefully to change my views on food and fitness.
  • OkChargerFan
    OkChargerFan Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    32 Days! Great Job!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Aubrey & I'm looking for a mentor!

-26 year old female
    -H: 5'3
    -SW: 169
    -CW: 162
    -GW: 120-130

Today is my 32nd day logging in, yay!
    I've been trying to stick to a 1200 calorie diet, I do have issues with emotional eating so I've definitely messed up a bit.
    I'm trying to make a true life-long change, hopefully to change my views on food and fitness.

Unless someone already snatched you up, I’d be delighted to have you! Please glance at my mentor bio on page 1 and let me know if you believe that we’d mesh! Good luck! :)
  • BootyfulBikerZX10r
    BootyfulBikerZX10r Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    nooooobie, I need to be adopted too - I just need motivation/accountability! aaaah! Im 5'9 large frame female going from 343 to 180lbs I was ran over by a truck back in 2010 and just have been fluctuating in weight ever since. I also have an IIFYM coach. Guess I just want to be adopted and encouraged lol add me cause I don't know how to add anyone.
This discussion has been closed.