2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Options

Replies

• bellarosebunny
    bellarosebunny Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bunny looking for adoption!

30, dialysis patient simply looking for a mentor to chat with and help get settled into MFP. I love to cook, write, plan, stream, all manner of things but when it comes to exercise...I'm bleh without a partner to go along with me. I'm not asking to be babied just a nudge and a bit of encouragement is all.
  • Padunkers
    Padunkers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to be adopted!

I've been super focused on dieting in a sense, mostly calorie counting but making sure I meet most of my macro-nutrients by eating healthier. I understand it's a lifestyle change. Also exercising daily. :) I know I have a long way to go but eager to keep up with this journey.

30yrs old from San Antonio, Texas! Lost 20lbs in the past two months, aiming for about 50lbs more to meet my target weight of 170lbs. But I'm also going to try to tone up with muscle as well. Would love some mentoring advice!
  • HangryPixies
    HangryPixies Posts: 16 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi! I'm 20, female, 220lbs (10 lb loss) and I'd love to have a mentor. I'm from the U.K. and so far my plan is to calorie count until around 200lbs then join a gym to burn fat and build muscle. I've been doing it for about a month and I'm pumped to see how much better I'll look and feel.
  • umass2
    umass2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A mentor on here would be great. 42 overweight male :/. Goal is losing 6 kg in 3 months and overall vison is get healthy and happy and get out of my rut!
  • Stephyyy_p
    Stephyyy_p Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love a mentor! I'm new to this app and would really like to lose weight. I've been on and off with eating healthy/exercising for the past two years but I would really like to try to be consistent. Let me know if you would like to be my mentor! I'm 24 years old and am a new mental health counselor. :)
  • sdl96
    sdl96 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A mentor would be great! I am 47 and am trying to cut about 20 lbs and build muscle. Most importantly, I am seeking healthier eating habits. I go to the gym regularly but don't know what I am really doing. There is so much information out there that it is overwhelming. A good mentor would be very helpful.
  • waalby
    waalby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! if there is anyone out there that wants to be a mentor to me that would be great!

A little bit about me - well I am overweight, d'uh! but seriously I could do with losing about 50lb (or more) currently I am 239lb at 5'11''.

I guess what I am looking for is for somebody to help with motivation to exercise more as well as provide some dietary advice. I go through spurts of motivation but lack a little on the consistency, so I am thinking that a mentor will help me overcome that!

Shout, nudge or message if you think you can help!

W
  • melissamae05
    melissamae05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am definitely available to mentor anyone who is interested. I have been on my fitness pal for a couple of years now and log every day. I try to bike, run, or do yoga every day of the week, if possible. I have lost 75 pounds so far from tracking, exercise, and lifestyle change. I keep my food log public for all to see :) Fitness is a huge part of my life - I biked this summer to prepare for Ragbrai and I am running to prepare for a half marathon next summer. I have done yoga for years and plan to become certified when I am out school. Message me or add me as a friend if you like! I am happy to share any suggestions and advice.
  • catarinaq78
    catarinaq78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd really love help with menus and toning/strength exercises, I'm down 70 pounds and need fresh ideas and things! Please add if you're active and the sharing sort!
  • caches87
    caches87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Highly motivated to get back to my fitself! I lost 90lbs long before having a baby. My smallest was 172 with very little weightlifting and a lot of cardio. My average was 185lbs 18% body fat and a lot of muscle! Would like to have different perspectives on fitness. ADOPT ME! 5 ft 7" POST PREGNANCY WEIGHT 250lbs Current 222 goal 185! I meal prep I count macros Looking for someone to compare notes!
  • AlexDalton1998
    AlexDalton1998 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm Alex. 19 yo male. I'm 5'11'' and 119 lbs. Doc wants me at 1
    b/w 135 and 145 lbs in six months. My first day teaching my calorie intake was today and I missed my goal by alot.

I really don't understand what my problem is. I eat as much want but it's not a lot and today I was eating stuff in didn't want.

I'm just really discouraged.

• mekamarie012
    mekamarie012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’d like to have someone take me under their wing! I’m eager to do whatever it takes to become healthier. I absolutely need someone to call me out on my excuses, I catch myself making them a lot
  • CyclingRoadie6
    CyclingRoadie6 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If anyone is looking for a mentor, I would be more than willing to help where I can. I have taken a couple of people under my wing so far, and to be honest, helping them helps me on my own journey as well. We can gain from a little motivation some times. ;)
  • caches87
    caches87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm Alex. 19 yo male. I'm 5'11'' and 119 lbs. Doc wants me at 1
    b/w 135 and 145 lbs in six months. My first day teaching my calorie intake was today and I missed my goal by alot.

I really don't understand what my problem is. I eat as much want but it's not a lot and today I was eating stuff in didn't want.

I'm just really discouraged.

EAT and eat somemore! I put my bf on a clean bulk and he gained greatly! He had a high metabolism so it was alot of food all the time! gaining is just as hard as losing. Pb sandwhiches at night and caesin if you take protein. A lot of bodybuilders who are bulk clean will eat a pint of icecream at night to slow down metabolism. YOU JUST GOTTA KEEP EATING! you can do it
  • missbethx1079
    missbethx1079 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm up for adoption
    And I'm up for a good chat and to keep updated with everyone
  • JLPadron86
    JLPadron86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jessica. I'm just starting but add me :) I just turned 31 yesterday. I have a 9 year old girl, 7 year old boy, 15 month old girl, and 3 month old boy. I'm the biggest I have ever been. I'm 215 and 5'5". My goal is 145-150. would love to be adopted.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    JLPadron86 wrote: »
    Hi my name is Jessica. I'm just starting but add me :) I just turned 31 yesterday. I have a 9 year old girl, 7 year old boy, 15 month old girl, and 3 month old boy. I'm the biggest I have ever been. I'm 215 and 5'5". My goal is 145-150. would love to be adopted.
    It sounds like we'd get along well! Please check out my mentor bio and let me know.
  • msb306
    msb306 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need a mentor.

I have a history of being a very healthy and fit gym-rat, however life happened and 4 years later I ended up older, out of shape, overweight, not engaged in any outdoor activities, super busy, and smack dab in the beginning of a new chapter of life. It's more than starting over, I'm learning a whole new ball game. What used to work regarding food and fitness don't anymore.

I'm hopeful, have grace on my side, and am ready to start fresh. I can learn new things and do this... with some help from some friends!
  • mktom29
    mktom29 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be adopted! I recently turned 29. I am getting married next June and would love the support from someone else who has struggled with losing weight. I love being outside, reading, playing with my dog, and spending time with friends and family. I recently was put on insulin for diabetes, so I am motivated to lose weight and obtain a healthy lifestyle. I am excited to get a mentor :) -Mary Kate
  • mmompoint8708
    mmompoint8708 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to be adopted! I need to be adopted!

I am a mother of five children and I am 30years old. After seeing photos of myself at a family function I have decided that I need to lose some weight. Currently I weight 232.8 lbs and my goal weight by December 30th (which also marks my 31st birthday) is to get to 200 - 210lbs and then ultimately reach a satisfying 170lbs.

I am looking for people in my area to keep motivated, provide suggestion and advice. This is about to be a hard uphill battle but I believe it will be completely worth it!

Also I am in the Canada.
This discussion has been closed.