2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Options

Replies

• kobolover
    kobolover Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am looking to be mentored by someone - I have done this to some extent a few years ago and am finding it all so much harder now!! I need your help to keep me on the right track, for ideas and tips and just to get myself going again.
    Exercise for me is a DVD or a walk after work and recently I have used every excuse not to do either!
    If you think you can help me help myself then please get in touch.
  • CrystalJeanCorn
    CrystalJeanCorn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in a mentor.
    30 years old
    5'10
    215lbs
    Goal 175

I am looking to start exercising and am completely overwhelmed. Currently doing low carb.
  • emhem07
    emhem07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am looking for someone to adopt me! A noob? My name is Liz, I'm 32, mother of 2 toddlers, work full time and am going to school part time. I am currently only able to go to the gym during my 1 hour lunch equalling about 30-35 min work outs 4x week. I'm doing mostly cardio. I have a lot of social anxiety that I am still working with my doctor to overcome which is why weekday lunch time is nice because there are very few people at the gym. One of my recent medications has encouraged quite a bit of weight gain. I'm weaning off it to hopefully start losing. Im 5'4 & 180lbs
  • emhem07
    emhem07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cut off my wnding. Looking to lose 40lbs so weight is at 140lb. Don't have a support system as I've drifted from close friends and hubby isn't willing to go to the gym w8th me or start any low carb/sugar kind of diets.
  • tamitv51
    tamitv51 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'2"
    140ish

Coming back from a long illness. My greatest struggle is not pushing too hard. I tend to do that at the start and then hurt myself. :neutral:
  • khronicuk
    khronicuk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    5'9''
    250lbs
    UK Based

I'm a student nurse, 2nd year, and after a reckless few years, I should start taking the advice I give my patients.

I've lost 28lbs with another 60lbs to go to hit my goal of 86kg/ 190lbs through macro tracking, 2 Sessions of Crossfit a week and Yoga intermittently :sweat_smile:

Once recovery time is less of a factor, I aim to increase this workload to help me progress in my crossfit, health and fitness journey! I devote 110% which of course sometimes isn't good in terms of recovery! :smiley:

Looking for some support and guidance through the help of a Mentor to keep me on the right track.

Get in touch!
  • mattsgirl27
    mattsgirl27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to be adopted. I'm 5' and I have about 60 lbs to lose. My biggest struggle is planning my meals and staying motivated. I currently walk about 3 miles every day on my lunch and breaks at work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
  • kiesdanielle
    kiesdanielle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi, I am 90% fat and happy, however I really am focusing on trying to loose some of this weight back off.. i will be honest, 2 years ago it took me a year to loose 100lbs.. and it took less than a year to gain it all back and then some.. and I am not happy about it so what I need are some friends on here that preferably are daily, or plan to be daily loggers, with their diary open.. my diary is open, i have nothing to hide, we are all going to have our slip up days and we have to be honest about it or we are never going to get anywhere... but i would prefer to have some friends on here to see that i am not alone in this struggle, and there are other large people that are trying to loose weight and not just the ones that are already fit, trying to loose 10lbs but are physically able to do hours and hours of workouts burning thousands of calories everyday.. i hope this makes sense.. feel free to add me <3 goodluck on your journey!
  • jessicamiles2493
    jessicamiles2493 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love if some one would adopt me!
    I am 23 and working toward a vegan lifestyle. Right now I am a vegetarian, and it would be great if another vegetarian/vegan mentor could help me with figuring all this out! :)
  • lilymoonstorm
    lilymoonstorm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a big work in project. Going from Morbidly obese to a healthy weight. Also want to greatly improve my stamina and be able to jog a mile some day. I'm using diet and exercise to achieve my goal. I'm working with a nutritionist to help with diet ideas. I work out with weights and cardio on average 5 days a week 2 hours a day give or take a half hour here and there. I'm also working towards getting bariactric surgery. I could use some support in this venture. If you think you have it in you to be a coach/inspiration/support person please let me know, thanks! I wish you all well!
  • Clo_Buffie
    Clo_Buffie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HI,
    Well this is me reaching out. i normally don't post things on threads etc but this time i am as i am seeing it as a way of accountability for me.
    who am I. Well i am 37 who is 5 foot and at last count 78 kgs heavy. My goal weight is 65 and then i might re-*kitten* this to 50 kgs (which is my BMI weight as don't forget i'm short :) )
    my line of work is basically sitting at a desk or in a car all day every day. and my hobbies include painting and gaming..which is not some of the best activity based activities. My exercise program is currently home bike for 30 mins and walking on average between 10 - 12k steps a day. The dr has also put me on Dramamine to help kick start everything..
    So yeah this is me. if you feel that adopting me would work let me know :)
  • BeJeanne11
    BeJeanne11 Posts: 32 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm looking for someone to help motivate me, and who can check in regularly via Whatsapp for questions/support!
  • tiffnlebron
    tiffnlebron Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Tiffany, I'm 26 and looking to live a healthier lifestyle. My biggest struggle is working midnights, I am tired ALL of the time. I enjoy healthy foods, I am not picky. I also have a problem drinking soda daily, which I am going to cut out of my life and drink more water instead. I am not big on exercising, but I do enjoy walking. At 5'2" I weigh 200 pounds, this is the heaviest I have ever been and I feel the damage it is starting to do on my body. I have a lot of upper body weight, and it bothers me daily. I am open to starting out with light exercises and would love some help with nutrition and low-cal foods. It's time to get my life back, I could really use someone's help to keep me on track and educate me about living a healthy lifestyle.
  • dawnellemom
    dawnellemom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome. If anyone has room for another, I'd love to be adopted. I'm 40, mom of seven, 5'6" and 177 lbs. The main reason I want to lose weight is because of my back. It has been bothering me SO much. Well, that and my limited flexibility, limited abilities to do things, etc. I have to cook for my big family, but I can cook ahead of time for myself. I feel like I know what to do- I just haven't been able to see it through- I cave and overeat, mostly on sugary foods or junk foods.
  • sunshower786
    sunshower786 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    OmG how did I not notice this sticky all this time!!
    About me. Im 41 year old mom of 8. Ive been over weight my entier life, from 130 pounds at 11 all the way up to a pregnancy high weight of 256, all on a 5' 2" frame., yickes.!!
    Currently Im 215 after losing 22 pounds since joining in February. That was with diet changes only as Im recovering from a car accident that I was in in 2015.
    I had,hopefully, the last surgery on my leg and am on a walker and allowed only partial weight bearing on one of my legs.
    Im really want to get into strength training but Im kind of clueless about how to get started given where I am in my recovery. Please dont say I have to wait till Im healed
  • sunshower786
    sunshower786 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please some one pick me
  • critterfull1220
    critterfull1220 Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi I would like to be mentored. I'm 34 5'10 and 210lbs. I would like to lose 30lbs. I'm more concerned on help on making healthy lifestyle changes. So I can be healthy for my kiddos and be a good example for them. I've already cut out the processed foods and kicked my soda addiction. I would like some help on starting to exercise too.
    Thanks,
    Kelli
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Just bumping this again, for the young ladies who have posted today. You can reach me via PM or informative Friend Request if you could use my support.
    zcb94 wrote: »
    About me:
    -60 pounds down, 30 to go
    -recovering Type II Diabetic
    -Christian young lady, willing to help a couple of Christian young ladies
    -wheelchair/bed bound
    -loved playing baseball
    -uses a hand-bike, rides a horse for exercise
    -not very knowledgeable about health but very caring and willing to listen and pray with you during struggles

About you (the noob):
    -prepared to log every last bite, sip and exercise (open diary ideal but not vital)
    -knowledgeable about the basics of health and how to use MFP as a tool
    -willing to come here and at least briefly message me Every. Single. Day. No matter what! If I don't see you one day, I'll be nice and check in via message. If I still don't see you...goodbye. :'(
    -able to share your struggles and successes with others. I want to celebrate victory together and cry with you during defeat.

• jascamdesigns
    jascamdesigns Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Camilla and I'd love to be adopted :) I recently got engaged and have less than a year to go till our wedding. I have around 150lbs to lose.
  • akasharuns
    akasharuns Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Can I be adopted? I need to lose 18 pounds. I am a runner and lifter.
This discussion has been closed.