"You can lose weight without working out". YES. But...

Options

Replies

• eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thank you @JustMissTracy :)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    kermax39 wrote: »
    I dont exercize, iv lost 54lbs. I walk to the shops and walk the dog, look after my toddler and work....I.dont really stop all day. So theres no chance in hell im getting up at 4am to do a run or wasting precious evenings at the gym when I dont need to. U dont need exercize to lose weight or to be healthy.

"I don't exercize"
    but
    "I walk to the shops and walk the dog"

So you do exercise...............

There is a difference in exercise for the purpose of exercise, calorie burn, gaining physical stamina, strength and endurance and traveling somewhere on foot for an entirely different purpose. Purposeful exercise will likely come with an effort which is directed at improvement of many physical and mental factors. You know that though.

What is different between a walk with the dog and a walk without the dog? Are you seriously saying that walking a dog doesn't require effort and improve physical and mental factors?

Note: I don't own a dog, but I have walked my grandparent's shepherd when I was younger.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    I dont exercize, iv lost 54lbs. I walk to the shops and walk the dog, look after my toddler and work....I.dont really stop all day. So theres no chance in hell im getting up at 4am to do a run or wasting precious evenings at the gym when I dont need to. U dont need exercize to lose weight or to be healthy.

"I don't exercize"
    but

There is a difference in exercise for the purpose of exercise, calorie burn, gaining physical stamina, strength and endurance and traveling somewhere on foot for an entirely different purpose. Purposeful exercise will likely come with an effort which is directed at improvement of many physical and mental factors. You know that though.

What is different between a walk with the dog and a walk without the dog?

You did not read the entire comment or you choose not to understand. Putting forth a greater effort in PURPOSEFUL exercise is NOT the same as a walk with a dog or with out a dog at a slower pace using less effort. Again, you know that. You just want to argue with someone.
  • eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

"I don't exercize"
    but

You did not read the entire comment or you choose not to understand. Putting forth a greater effort in PURPOSEFUL exercise is NOT the same as a walk with a dog or with out a dog at a slower pace using less effort. Again, you know that. You just want to argue with someone.

Calories in, calories out. eat less, move more. I'm not sure what there is to argue about here? If you move, you burn calories, who cares if it's not the same activity you choose to do? Who cares if its not the same effort you choose to do it at? We are all different and need to find activity in whatever form we can fit into our lives.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

"I don't exercize"
    but

But why wouldn't you consider walking a dog "purposeful" exercise? Again, I burn up to or even more than 300 calories every day, JUST from that simple, slow activity. I'm not exaggerating my numbers, it's a fact. So you can call it exercise, call it working out, call it walking the dog.....doesn't matter. Activity is activity. If it burns calories, Activity.

That's exactly my point.

If you're walking, you're walking.

Additionally, the other poster is making a lot of assumptions regarding speed and such. Who says how fast you're walking with the dog vs. without?

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options

"I don't exercize"
    but

Yes, I want to debate with you for exercise shaming people.

Dog walking is fine exercise. There's no need to be snobbish about it.

I didn't shame anyone. Show me where I made any disparaging comment? I did no such thing. I will now leave you to make more absurd comments. I hope the rest of your day is about as nice as you are!

P.S. Choosing to ignore the difference is regular daily activity and greater physical activity for the purpose of better physical fitness and greater calorie burn (AKA purposeful exercise) does not remove the difference.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

"I don't exercize"
    but

Well, for one, when I walk alone I pick up poop absolutely never. :D

And the dogs are always wanting to stop and sniff stuff. Without them I just walk solid without stopping.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options

"I don't exercize"
    but

Well, for one, when I walk alone I pick up poop absolutely never. :D

And the dogs are always wanting to stop and sniff stuff. Without them I just walk solid without stopping.

LOL..mine too. He needs to smell every leaf, every bush, every car....
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

"I don't exercize"
    but

No matter what the purpose is; exercise is exercise. If you read my second comment it contains the dictionary definition of the word "exercise" for you.