Salad for Christmas dinner

Options
1235»

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    depends on how loosely you use the term salad.

like... bean salad? pasta salad? fruit salad? egg salad?

• tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    tlflag1620 wrote: »
    I weight daily. I was 151 Christmas Eve morning. After our Christmas Eve dinner (seafood feast) I somehow lost and was 149 Christmas morning. I'll update tomorrow morning, but I'm not expecting much gain (we had Christmas dinner at my MIL's house - and, yes, I had some salad, along with ham and other veggies). Now the morning of the 27th? Yeah, I expect a decent gain... We're having our at home feast tomorrow.

Was 150 this morning. Expect to be about 153 tomorrow...

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I think the bigger question is who will have the guts to weigh themselves the day after Christmas? Not me, thats for sure :weary:

Me! Lol, Christmas Eve dinner only gave me a 2lb/1kg gain this morning. Hmm, gotta top that today. And I will, as I already ate a month's worth of carbs for breakfast :D . I'm a low carber, so there's gonna be big water gains.

Up to 138.6lbs this morning. My average weight prior was holding steady in the 132-ish range. No sweat. Clearly, I over indulged, as I had planned, but due to experience (and science), we know feasting weight gains are not permanent fat gains (no way I could physically consume nearly 25,000 calories in a couple days, lol. I'd probably die ;)).

Back to regular way of eating. Weight will regulate back to normal in a few days. Or weeks. I may have outdone myself and put on an actual pound or so of fat. Oh well. No gulit or shame.
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yep I had a healthy pineapple & brown sugar glazed ham, mashed potatoes, some amazing bread (rolls), stuffing with ground beef, cranberries, oh yea and salad....on the side lol. Then for dessert, I had candied yams, jello with cool whip and vanilla wafers in the mix, sweet rice, and my homemade fudge. One with walnuts and the other was a new recipe (Reese's peanut butter fudge)
    Which reminds me, it's almost lunch time and time for round two of all the delicious leftovers.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    We had salad...and lasagna, and bread, and green beans, and lots and lots of cookies.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,279 Member
    Options
    I wish...

Instead I had pretty much nothing since I got a stomach bug Friday night and was sick into Saturday morning. Still don't have much of an appetite back today so Christmas Eve and Day were no fun food wise. *sigh*
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Cookie salad? :P
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I kept it healthy and didn't eat a salad. Ate a pit roasted wild pig with carrots, potatoes, and rolls.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve dinner was Chicken Marbella (chicken on the bone cooked with garlic, herbs, olives, dried fruit, and white wine), rice pilaf, and broccoli rabe. Christmas dinner was Roast sirloin, baked potato, yorkshire puddings, and green beans. No salad anywhere, both meals had lots of protein, good carbs, fiber and vitamins. Winning!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Well, I for one had salad for Christmas dinner...and it came before the lasagna, which was followed by cheesecake. :D
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I wish I had ur discipline
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I had steak. T-bone steak with sweet potatoes, roasted red potatoes, and butternut squash. I wanted it down with hot cocoa. It was lovely.