You know you're old when...

Options

Replies

• TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    when you hear the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever and it seems like yesterday in the Discos lol
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Your co-workers say "Your the same age as my mom!" :)
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    You go to your brothers wedding and ask the best man, "Who's that hottie over there?" And he replies that it's his youngest brother and you realize the last time you saw him he was an infant and you changed his diaper.
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    ...you still think Helen Keller jokes are funny.
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You know you are old when you:

Realize you're a crabby old fart and you're OK with that.

Remember when the majority of people made an effort to be polite and considerate of others in public.

Honestly can't tell whether that group of students are high schoolers or college age. They all seem the same - young.

Have to fight the urge to constantly give advice or suggestions to the youngsters.

Get the senior discount from a retail clerk. I've been silently accepting freebies and money off since I was 40 years old. I still don't even know the official AARP start age.

Subconsciously compare a current actor/actress or athlete to their parent, grandparent or other relative who was popular when you where young.

Think most current sitcoms are simple minded, annoying and stupid. Even though you were a dedicated sitcom fanatic in the 1970 & 80s.

A few other signs.

When the music of your youth used to be considered hard core and dangerous (hip hop and punk). Now it sounds quaint compared to stuff on the radio.

When they play "guess the song" with disco music at a work event. None of your co-workers get any right.

Fun thread. Brings back a lot of memories.
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    When you find a grey pube. :noway:
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Your knees buckle and your belt wont....

Your back goes out more than you do...

And the only sparkle in your eye is the sun reflecting off your bifocals...
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    You go to the family reunion and there are several teenagers you don't recognize, because you're expecting them to be about 9 years old. You look at the backs of your hands and can't recall where those raised veins came from. You tell people you've seen Harry Chapin, Gordon Lightfoot, John Denver, and The Who in concerts, and you get blank stares.....

True story: I was in HMV to get the DVD "Tommy" by The Who. The 16 yr old helping me said "from the WHO"? I said, yes, that's what I said. Her: "WHO". Me "yes"... blank stare... I had to explain it all the way... sigh...

It's like an Abbott and Costello routine. And the kid probably wouldn't know who they are either. :happy:
  • smantha32
    Options

You have clothes in your closet at least two decades old.

I get rid of outdated unstylish clothes, but I have shoes older than that. :happy:
  • smantha32
    Options
    When you realize all the hot guys from the 80's hair bands you listened to are now old fat guys still trying to be hot guys from the 80's hair bands.
  • smantha32
    Options
    When you don't want to go to concerts because they are just too loud.

I still go but I take earplugs with me, and I usually hope it's someplace I can sit the whole time because standing a long time makes my lower back hurt. :laugh:

edited because I dont speel gud. :wink:
  • smantha32
    Options

ETA: My husband was 1 when 'Ghostbusters' was released (8 years younger than me) and my parents took me to see it in the theater. We have a WHOLE lot of fun playing the 'Do you remember?' game at my house :laugh:

I saw Star Wars first run, in the theater when I was 12. This thread is depressing. And funny. lol
  • smantha32
    Options
    When a ticket to a Stones concert cost $3.00 and it cost HOW MUCH now?

I don't know, but I paid 18 dollars to see them in 1983.
  • smantha32
    Options
    Knowing how to use a computer is an accomplishment lol as expose to common education in today's times.

It's an accomplishment now too for some.

I work on, build. support PCs and there are some people who can't even figure out how to turn them on, or don't realize the CPU and the monitor aren't the same thing. And I think "you had to use a computer every minute of your years in school, how do you not know this???"
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    putting anything other than dance on the (hug, dance, spank, date or pass) thread to a majority of the women seems overly pervy!
  • smantha32
    Options
    You think "Nightmare on Elm Street" Movies were scary....then see them with your 17 year old niece who looks at me like I fell off the porch and bumped my head! (Okay I agree...they are cheesy now! LOL)

Oh and complain about gasoline being $3.55 a gallon, starting stories with "when I was your age I paid .79 cents a gallon for gas...."

Yeah the first Michael Meyers Halloween movie with Jamie Lee Curtis is a cheesefest deluxe. :bigsmile:

And I remember when gas when up to 75 cents a gallon during that shortage in the late 70's and everyone thought that was highway robbery.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    You jog and your teeth fly out of your mouth and somehow land in someone else's coffee.
  • smantha32
    Options
    Saturday morning tv consisted of Fat Albert, Shazam!, and some goofy apocalyptic show about a six wheeled armored vehicle roaming the land.

LOL!!! I think that was "Ark II".
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    When u have to ask your kids to help you with technology!
  • smantha32
    Options
    When you realize your 20 year old has never had anything other than high speed internet his entire life.

300 baud modem baby... you could go make yourself a snack before you totally connected. :bigsmile: