You know you're old when...

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    When Mick Jagger of the Stones sings "What a drag it is to get old " (is Mick lying ??):laugh:

Mick is actually dead already. He just hasn't figured it out yet.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    When your mother thinks this is hot:

0eadb3414d372478c4646491906122d8.png

-dies of no plz kthx-
  • smantha32
    Options
    You realize the volume goes to 11 BECAUSE YOU NEED IT THAT LOUD

You it's a good night because you only had to get up twice to pee.

Or when you need to turn on the closed captioning because you can't pick up half of what's being said.. and I was tested with perfect hearing a year ago too. lol
  • smantha32
    Options
    When your daughter asks
    "what was that dial thing on the old telephones all about, must have taken you ages to ring a number"!!!

It DID! And I remember trying to do it too fast and totally screwing it up and having to start over from the beginning multiple times. Thank GOD for push button phones.
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    HealthyishWithMaggieG Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    When you're working for a semi-pro football team, get hit on by several of the players, start thinking about actually dating one of them, find out he's only 22, and realize you're old enough to be his mother.

Now, the 32 year old with washboard abs, that wasn't creepy at all... and my friends were jealous over that one. ;-)
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    When you're working for a semi-pro football team, get hit on by several of the players, start thinking about actually dating one of them, find out he's only 22, and realize you're old enough to be his mother.

Now, the 32 year old with washboard abs, that wasn't creepy at all... and my friends were jealous over that one. ;-)
    Oh damn, had to fan myself reading this LOLLLL
  • smantha32
    Options
    You walk into the university library, see the Quaint Old Technology exhibit, start playing Frogger and PacMan on the Atari 2600 system left for that purpose and you're the only one who knows what it is.

Still have a working Atari in the house. lol
  • smantha32
    Options

Tommy James and the Shondells played at your High School Junior /Senior Prom

Before my time, but this is actually pretty awesome.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    when you daughters ask you..." Did they have that when you were born"? When i was born??? it wasnt the ice age!!! LOL
  • smantha32
    Options

-dies of no plz kthx-

I can't imagine anyone on earth thinking this is hot. Unless their eyesight has failed.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    when you daughters ask you..." Did they have that when you were born"? When i was born??? it wasnt the ice age!!! LOL
    Rofl, that's cruel XD
    Love how blunt kids are.
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options

-dies of no plz kthx-

I can't imagine anyone on earth thinking this is hot. Unless their eyesight has failed.

Who IS that? I get the feeling he WAS hot, in his prime. He just did not age well. And, I'm sure I'll kick myself when I find out who he is.
  • smantha32
    Options

-dies of no plz kthx-

Who IS that? I get the feeling he WAS hot, in his prime. He just did not age well. And, I'm sure I'll kick myself when I find out who he is.

Mickey Rourke. He was also a boxer and had way too much plastic surgery to fix all the times he was punched in the face. He should have let it go.

he used to look like this:

mickey8.jpg
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    He scares me :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Punch cards in computer lab in college?

Your fur coat is twice as old as your current students. (and your answer is, "Of course it's real!)

you are older than most of your students' parents.

troglodytes. cavemen. neanderthals.

most importantly, your knees tell you so.
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options

-dies of no plz kthx-

Mickey Rourke. He was also a boxer and had way too much plastic surgery to fix all the times he was punched in the face. He should have let it go.

Okay. I knew he had had work done. I just thought he looked even further different (and worse) than this now. Personally, I never thought he was attractive.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Punch cards in computer lab in college?

Your fur coat is twice as old as your current students.

you are older than most of your students' parents.

troglodytes. cavemen. neanderthals.

most importantly, your knees tell you so.
    trilobite .-.
    Blah, didn't like science class.

And I'm only 28 and my knee tells me so!

-must be old- LOL
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    when you have trouble figuring out navigation using google maps
  • smantha32
    Options

Okay. I knew he had had work done. I just thought he looked even further different (and worse) than this now. Personally, I never thought he was attractive.

Me neither, but at least in the 80's he didn't look like a science experiment.
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options

Me neither, but at least in the 80's he didn't look like a science experiment.

Haha! Agreed!