Everyday Healthy Habits - January challenge

Replies

• newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    @b3achy - "liking" the signing up for Amazing Race, NOT the fighting a cold/allergies/TOM bit! ;)

• newbie2143
    Date: January 13, 2017 (reporting for yesterday)
    Logged food intake: - Yes, under calorie goal
    Exercised: No
    Avoid unplanned PM snack: No :(
    Practiced meditation : No

Jan.1 wt: 139.5
    Goal weight Jan.15: 137
    Goal weight for February 1: 134 (1.5lbs per week)

Current struggles: Failed to meet my no unplanned PM snack goal. Managed to keep keep under calorie goal (just) by adjusting my supper. NOT the best eating pattern for me...

Current strengths: I am not losing motivation. I know I am not perfect and won't always accomplish my goals, but won't allow that to let me lose sight of the bigger picture.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Date: January 12, 2017 (reporting for yesterday)

Logged food intake: - Yes, under my goal

Exercised: Yes, 60 Crossfit

Avoid Sugar at night: Yes.

Starting weight: 192.5

Current weight: 187.0 lbs

Goal weight for February 1: 185lbs (1.5lbs per week)

Current struggles: Not stretching enough.

Current strengths: Had a great workout! Food prep has really made this week easier food wise.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,138 Member
    January 13, Got 30 minutes of Zumba and 30 on Jillian Michaels this morning. Did planks. Definitely not up for Turbo Jam at lunch, but I did it yesterday. Got my two lunch hour mini work=outs in this week. Eating challenges are not bad this week so far. Interesting how one week you want to eat everything and other weeks you are fine with a healthy meal plan.
  • ShaleSelkies
    ShaleSelkies Posts: 251 Member
    edited January 2017
    Date: January 12th, 2017
    Logged food intake:
    Yes, under calorie goal
    Exercised: Kind of
    - 30 Day January Thigh Challenge Day 12 (partial)
    Avoid unplanned PM snack: Yes
    Practiced Yoga: No
    Did stretches: Yes
    Met personal iron goal: Yes!

Starting weight: 132
    Current weight: 128.4
    Goal weight for February 1: 127 (1.25lbs per week)

Current struggles: I'm not feeling very well, kind of feverish actually. People are coming back so it's been really hard to find a place to do yoga in peace because of how self conscious I am - I might have to take a break then catch up on the challenge once I've found a better place to do it.

Current strengths: I've been working more on my art which has been helping me relax. I find it easier to motivate myself to actually do stuff when I'm more relaxed and happy and tend to just freeze up or get disorganized whe too stressed so hopefully that'll help.
  • ShaleSelkies
    Date: January 13th, 2017
    Logged food intake:
    Yes, under calorie goal
    Exercised: Yes
    - 30 Day January Thigh Challenge Day 12 (rest of it) & 13
    - 30 Day January JH Arm Challenge Day 13 (Day 12 was a rest day!)
    - 30 Day January Arm Challenge 13 (Day 12 was a rest day!)
    Met personal iron goal: No. )^:

Current struggles: Still feeling pretty bad, kind of weak - not feeling like eating much either.

Current strengths: Had an easier time waking up today, did the challenges (save for the Sun Salutation), and managed to get within healthy range of my calorie goal regardless.
  • newbie2143
    Date: January 14, 2017 (reporting for yesterday)
    Exercised: Yes, 4K run and 3K walk
    Practiced meditation: Yes

weight Jan.15: tbd tomorrow!

Current struggles: It's the weekend.... Which is great, but it means weekend eating! I'll need to stay on top of my logging as the day goes on to stay on track.

Current strengths: Grateful for the time a free weekend affords me.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,096 Member
    Sorry haven't been posting. Been dealing with a re-visit from the snot monster, and he hit me full force yesterday and I'm pretty much down for the count today too. Truly sick and tired of being sick and tired now. Hope to be back at it tomorrow or Monday at the latest! I did get my devotions done yesterday, but everything else was a bust for the day except for my water. Meh, it is what it is. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • ShaleSelkies
    edited January 2017
    Date: January 14th, 2017
    Logged food intake:
    Yes, under calorie goal
    Exercised: No
    Did stretches: Partial.
    Met personal iron goal: Yes, almost got to the full total even.

Current struggles: Woke up late and can't remember some of the day, though I'm not sure if I dissociated or if it was just that I didn't pay attention to the time for a while after I woke up. Also spent a lot of time worrying about one of my plants.

Current strengths: Fit in just enough calories and got a lot of my non-exercise work done. I need to take some time to catch up on that I've ended up neglecting it a little I think.
  • newbie2143
    Date: January 15, 2017 (reporting for yesterday)
    Logged food intake: - Not complete; went over to a friends' place and got in late... supper not tracked.
    Exercised: Yes, 40 mins swimming lengths and 5K walk

weight Jan.15: weight is UP - WTF

Current struggles: Not letting the number on the scale get me down. I know I haven't met my calorie goals a few days, although I also know I haven't missed by that much and definitely didn't eat in excess of maintenance levels. I also know I have been logging accurately and honestly. I also know I have been active most days of the week. Not sure what is going on with the scale... I certainly feel like I have lost inches - maybe fluid retention, maybe muscle? In any case I am reassured by the fact that I am living a healthy life, and in the knowledge that if I keep this up, eventually the weight will follow... Still frustrating though.
  • newbie2143
    Date: January 16, 2017 (reporting for yesterday)
    Exercised: Yes, 6k run/2.5k walk

Current struggles: Need to re think my exercise plan for the week. The pool was ridiculously busy on Saturday!.
    Current strengths: Meals planned, lunches made..... Let's go Monday!!
  • ShaleSelkies
    Date: January 15th, 2017
    Logged food intake:
    Yes, under calorie goal
    Exercised: Yes
    - 60 Minutes Walking
    - 60 Minutes doing ASL song covers (which I'm counting yes)
    Met personal iron goal: No

Current weight: 128.4 (need to reweigh monday)

Current struggles: Assailed by cravings and everyone's coming back to campus now so I don't know if I'm going to be able to keep with challenges and yoga now it's so busy around. I'll still be exercising but I think I might have to do so in a different way to modify for this.

Current strengths: Did more today and several other things I'd been forgetting to do of late and managed to keep under my calorie goal regardless of cravings.
  • moniquedeanne
    Date: January 14, 2017 (reporting for Saturday)

Exercised: Yes - 90min. Hot Yoga (Bikram)

Avoid Sugar at night: Yes

Current weight: 187.5 lbs

Current struggles: so tired after hot yoga (90min. nap)

Current strengths: Got my exercise in.

Date: January 15, 2017 (reporting for yesterday)

Logged food intake: - Yes, not under my goal

Exercised: Yes, hiked 11miles with 10lbs pack

Avoid Sugar at night: No, ate half a brownie

Current weight: 187.5 lbs

Current struggles: drank 2.5 beers

Current strengths: Got some great exercise in.
  • ShaleSelkies
    edited January 2017
    So I've reorganized and reformatted my things to be more relevant to the semester start and add some stuff I'd like to start tracking here (also separated it into categories because it looks nicer)

Date: January 16th, 2017

Food:
    • Logged food intake: Yes, under calorie goal
    • Met personal iron goal: Almost but no
    • Got at least 46g protein(new!): Yes

Exercise:
    • Exercised: Yes
      - One heck of a lot of (125 Minutes) Walking
    • Avoid unplanned PM snack: Yes
    • Practiced Yoga: No (switching this out with 'Practiced making ASL covers' since that's my main priority now the semester's starting and takes the time I'd have spent on yoga)
    • Did stretches: Yes

Art:
    Did at least one drawing (new! need to keep practicing): Yes
    Wrote a paragraph for a story (new! need to start making more progress actually writing chapters for my books): No
    Updated Keyframe (new! Choose your own adventure I'm running and would like to make sure I keep active): Yes
    Finished drawing at least one IIOB page (new! I update daily so I need to keep on track): No

Current weight: 128.4 (forgot to reweigh, will do so either this morning or when I get back from classes)

Current struggles: Having trouble figuring out how to get all I need iron with the cafeteria foods there are while staying under my calorie goal unless I fill my backpack with all the spinach available and run. I'm sure there must be something.

Current strengths: Managed to stay under my calorie goal even with all the food courts and cafeterias opening! Admittedly with the aid of all the walking I was doing. Also used today to get an idea of how much I'd be walking on a daily basis total from tomorrow.
  • newbie2143
    @ShaleSelkies Great to see you making this board work for you!
    I'm not sure what your stance on supplements is, but if you are having trouble getting enough iron in your diet, have you considered a supplement? For me, when I am limiting my intake to 1200 calories a day I find I need to take a multivitamin to reach my micronutrient goals. Might not be your cup of tea to take a pill, but just a thought.
  • newbie2143
    Date: January 17, 2017 (reporting for yesterday)
    Exercised: Yes, 35 mins stationary bike/ >80rpm throughout
    Avoid unplanned PM snack: Yes (went to the gym!)

Current struggles: Freezing rain outside right now... May need to replace today's scheduled run with something else.
    Current strengths: Had a great day yesterday, going to work on carrying that forward today.
  • ShaleSelkies
    @newbie2143 Actually part of why I joined MFP is because I'm intolerant to iron supplements in all forms other than like a multivitamin with only 44% in it. I need more than 100% so I need to get as much as I can from diet and keeping track of that and similar while switching vegetarian was why I found MFP.
  • moniquedeanne
    Date: January 16, 2017 (reporting for yesterday)

Logged food intake: - Yes, not under my goal

Exercised: No, much needed rest day

Avoid Sugar at night: No, ate 4 kisses

Current weight: 186.5 lbs

Current struggles: very tired in the evening

Current strengths: Although, just slightly over calorie goal I had an awesomely clean day with lots of veggies.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,138 Member
    Tuesday 1-17-17. Not sure when I last posted. It has been a few days. got a great 4 mile hike in on Saturday. Started doing some cycling on the trainer watching Gilmore Girls. Makes the time go, but I don't cycle as hard as when I have a training DVD in! Did kick boxing at lunch today, Killer free weight DVD Yesterday morning.
    Eating at or below calorie count. Still weigh exactly the same as I did on January 1, at my maintenance number 110 to 111.
    Doing better with menu planning. Wrote out a dinner plan on Saturday and have stuck with it for the last 4 days. My goal was 60 minutes of planks this month. I have 38 minutes done.
  • newbie2143
    Date: January 18, 2017 (reporting for yesterday)
    Exercised: No, took a rest day
    Avoid unplanned PM snack: Yes - this is finally getting easier, even after a very full day at work :)

Current struggles: Could not drum up the energy to get out after a looong day at work yesterday. Looking forward to the longer (and warmer) days ahead. Much easier to find the energy when it's nice outside!
    Current srrengths: As I said above, the no unplanned PM snack thing is getting easier for me.... Breaking the bad habit!