Women who drink

Options

Replies

• lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I drink a glass of wine most nights. Sometimes more. It's not that hard to be lean and drink...but I'd avoid almost everything except wine and clear liquor (and no mixers except, like, club soda or diet soda....mmmm vodka soda w/lime!) :) If you don't mind the fake sugar, Crystal Light Mojito flavor with some vodka and a squeeze of fresh lime is almost like a girly drink, and very refreshing. A lot of my female friends like it, but no guys, which I find interesting!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I drink...a lot
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I drink nearly every day and I am steadily losing weight. I log every drop.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I drink...a lot

^THIS!!! So, I just workout MORE!
  • Xtine72
    Xtine72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    As everyone before me has said... Make sure you count the calories in your diary and don't go overboard. I drink vodka and water as well and add a touch of the liquid cyrstal light no calorie mix. We call it a skinny b!tch in Southern Maryland! lol Perfect for a very low call beverage! I drink tons of water every day which I think helps as well. Never have a hangover and am still able to lose weight. CHEERS! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • amberchammock
    Options
    I generally drink once a week and don't have a problem losing weight. I basically stopped the "glass or two of wine at night" drinking, and save it for the "sleeping on the bathroom floor" nights of drinking.

this is hilariously true for me! I found this blog very amusing also http://www.mamalaughlin.com/2012/06/how-to-be-alcoholic-and-still-lose.html

I stopped drinking during the week and try to have greater than a 200 cal deficit each day because I KNOW fri and saturday will end up being a blow out which makes it more likely i will not work out on saturday or sunday. So at least then my weekly calories are still in a deficit. I've lost all of my weight while drinking...i should specify...binge drinking, lol at least 1-2 nights a week. I can't help it...my boyfriend is in a band and i'm not going to sit in a bar by myself waiting for his set and NOT drink my face off!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'm lookin' for other ladies who are trying to balance losing weight and knockin' back a few cocktails with the coworkers once a week. Any one?

Arent we all?? :drinker:
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I lost a significant chunk of weight while in college (80lbs), and was 22 at the time so it can be done! At the time I was using weight watchers, and would always have "zero point" lunches in preparation for a night of caloric drinking with friends. Now, I still drink but like everyone else has said, I try to avoid beer, I account for in my calories, and I don't beat myself up if I go over my calories for the day but then I'm conscious and make sure I work out a little longer or eat a little less the next day.

Ps the Homer beer gif literally made me laugh so hard I snorted. My co-workers thank you for that. :drinker:
  • emeraldgirl31
    emeraldgirl31 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Drink vodka its lower calorie. I like to get diet coke and malibu b.c it's so yum. I read that diet soda and alcohol gets you more drunk though..
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy but it's the same idea. I try to drink straight liquor only -- except for when I get bought a drink, then I humour them ... ;) --and you'd be surprised how much you can drink this way if you keep it tight during the week and only drink "heavily" perhaps 1-2 times per week.

We all realise this is not great for our health but if it isn't going away, it's better to be at a healthy weight while doing it.

Besides, if you weigh less, you drink less ;)
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    bacardi and diet coke is my go to drink, but a corona light is only 99 calories per bottle as well.
  • torque23
    torque23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love this! LOL
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    it's not so much the drinks as the wings, grande supremo turbo nachos, calamari, hot pretzels w/ cheese dip, or pizza they force me to eat that usually causes the trouble.

Just kick up the exercise to cover at least some of it. :drinker:
  • nuttynetty114
    nuttynetty114 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Drink what you want :)

Margaritas, vodka, rum. Doesn't matter, just fit it into your calories for the day or work out more.
  • BrittanyAnnL
    BrittanyAnnL Posts: 140
    Options
    I generally drink once a week and don't have a problem losing weight. I basically stopped the "glass or two of wine at night" drinking, and save it for the "sleeping on the bathroom floor" nights of drinking.

haha. What she said. I hardly drink anymore but when I do.. I do it right. It is usually only once a month though. If you are going to drink every week... I say go for a light beer to get that "full" feeling and then switch to vodka water and lime. That's my fave way to take it easy.
  • cassienewquist
    cassienewquist Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 28, and I enjoy my drinks! I try to keep it within my calorie goal by eating super low cal foods all day, but sometimes I fail miserably! Esp. when we have bbq's!! I mix sparkling flavored water with my wine, aka Spritzer, and try drinking the hard liquor straight if I can. I like the idea alot of people gave about using sparkling waters or club soda with vodka, I am trying that one for sure! Beer is a bad one I think, because the low cal/low carb ones also tend to have a lower alcohol content, which may mean you drink more.
  • healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    it's not so much the drinks as the wings, grande supremo turbo nachos, calamari, hot pretzels w/ cheese dip, or pizza they force me to eat that usually causes the trouble.

Just kick up the exercise to cover at least some of it. :drinker:

lol YES! I can never stop eating bar food once I'm too plastered. I used to have this handy worksheet that showed the lowest cal alcohols and what to mix for "skinny" cocktails. I remember Everclear was THE lowest cal pure liquor, but other than that I'm at a loss. So wait, you all mix vodka with WATER?? like, order at the bar "I'd like a vodka and water with a lime" ???
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to give up wine. :drinker: