January 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Aw dam, sorry Stan. I got excited and replied in the wrong thread! Haha! (Just delete it).

Anyhow I'm in for 30

You nerd. LOL What thread did you reply in?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see now.

I should flag it for abuse. lol

Haha! Yup... I'm abusive!

Takes a nerd to know a nerd :wink:
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Absolutely no clue, so goal is to maintain health while continuing marathon training. Nominal mileage goal will be 120, though I have a feeling that actual miles will be higher, but we'll see.

Do you not have a marathon training plan that sets weekly mileage goals that you could add for a monthly goal?
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @MobyCarp I'm being safe. In general it's 35-45 mpw for thr plan, but we've been adjusting it every couple weeks fine tuning, so it's kind of in Flux. Chances are real mileage will be around 160 or so. Also, I generally only have the plan for like 2 weeks ahead, so I don't have the second half of the month, just general outline.

Should add that right now it's still base building, "real" training will be the 22 weeks leading up to the marathon.

I'm considering dumping my "coach" and finding/buying a plan, since she is more conservative than I like and puts it more other stuff than I like.

With 24 weeks to go I haven't found a plan that long that isn't extremely conservative.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Keeping with my traditional 140 km's per month.
    I averaged 115 km/month in 2016 even though my Goal was 140.

3 HM's already booked,
    Chilly Willy HM Grande Prairie, AB Feb 5, 2017
    Hypo Thermic HM, Edmonton, AB Feb 26, 2017
    Jasper , Jasper National Park, April 8, 2017

A 4th Mystery East Coast HM ??? 2017 that a member of our local club is researching options for us.

Hopefully I can get registered for the Emperors Challenge HM in Tumbler Ridge, BC August 12, 2017 - that is basically a run up and over a mountain ;) . As long as it doesn't conflict with the East Coast Mystery HM.

Plus some local 5 mile and 10km local races.
  • OSUbuckeye906
    OSUbuckeye906 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'd like my mileage to be around December's 130, or possibly even more since I won't have the holidays to contend with, but I'll probably have to adjust my goal after my sports medicine appointment next week. I'm hoping I'll get the go ahead to continue running as long as the pain is manageable, but I may have to adjust down. So, real goal is to manage the shin injury and do what I need to do to allow it to heal and not injure it further.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100. I was going to go higher but I have a week of travel already scheduled that will interfere with at least one long run and a HM the 1st weekend in February.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    January Goal: a 3 hour Long Slow Run

Need to rest a bit first! December was a big month.

Happy New Year, MFPMRC Buddies! :heart:
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 80. I used to faithfully log all my runs, but I have gotten out of the habit. Hoping this will encourage me to: (1) run more; and (2) monitor diet, calories, and sleep, too.

Thanks for posting the challenge!
  • shibainugal
    shibainugal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Happy new year everybody!

exercise.png
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 75 along with cycling and lifting.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Aw dam, sorry Stan. I got excited and replied in the wrong thread! Haha! (Just delete it).

Anyhow I'm in for 30

You nerd. LOL What thread did you reply in?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see now.

I should flag it for abuse. lol

Haha! Yup... I'm abusive!

Takes a nerd to know a nerd :wink:

Bite me. lol
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    @MobyCarp I'm being safe. In general it's 35-45 mpw for thr plan, but we've been adjusting it every couple weeks fine tuning, so it's kind of in Flux. Chances are real mileage will be around 160 or so. Also, I generally only have the plan for like 2 weeks ahead, so I don't have the second half of the month, just general outline.

Should add that right now it's still base building, "real" training will be the 22 weeks leading up to the marathon.

I'm considering dumping my "coach" and finding/buying a plan, since she is more conservative than I like and puts it more other stuff than I like.

With 24 weeks to go I haven't found a plan that long that isn't extremely conservative.

That is what I found. You have to either modify an existing plan or basically create your own based upon the concepts you learned.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    So 50.5 miles this week and a 15 mile long run, and back to a 6 day week.
    So that is my biggest week since running RCM. On my way back to base building and putting in the heavy miles needed for running the Kentucky Derby. April 29 will be here before I know it.

I may try some light legwork with dumbells this coming week and will start thinking about adding in elevation. Basically that means running Madkin Mountain on Redstone.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    I'm in for 100 miles, my happy *kitten* needs to get a move on and get out there. Skip and I are signed up for a HM in April.

Bridgestreet?
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Well, for better or worse, I went and spent more money than I should and am having a custom 20 week training plan made for me. This is a one off thing and I'll write a big review for it when it's done. Plan will begin last week of jan/first week of Feb and end with my marathon on June 17. I'll have more details when I get it. Submitted payment and a questionnaire this morning and should have the plan in a week or so. Now to figure out the rest of January to prep for "real" marathon training.
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    First!!! ... Oh, wait ... already on page two?! Jeeez ......
  • Kelli_04
    Kelli_04 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
    exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100 miles, my happy *kitten* needs to get a move on and get out there. Skip and I are signed up for a HM in April.

Bridgestreet?

@stoshew71 yes, she wants to run her first HM with pacers, which I think is a good idea for her. She has also at one time or another run the entire course though not all at one time so she'll be familiar with it.