January 2017 Running Challenge

Replies

• Hi all, after a month of being sick, and being in rehab after my November half marathon, I was able to run 28km last week symptom free. I'm signing up for 160km for January!

Jan 1 - rest day (ran 10 km yesterday, now post-Christmas cleaning)

Upcoming races:

March 2017 Hamilton Around The Bay 30km
    May 2017 Ottawa Marathon (my first full marathon)
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    It's a nice 56 degree day here. Doubt I'll run. Church followed by pizza buffet with the family. And I'll be out late tonight. Tomorrow is 80% chance of rain/thunderstorms but maybe I'll squeeze one in. I feel kinda lost right now like I need a plan but it's not a good time for a plan. Because I'll just get off track and feel bad :p
  • lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    January goal: 100 miles
    1/1: 3.6 miles (m)

My Total/January: 3.6 miles
    Mike's Total: 3.7 miles

Went out for a rare afternoon run today with Mike and Fergus. I was not happy about it. LOL. I don't like running midday at all; it is just not comfortable for me. As usual though, I am glad that I did it now that it is done and I am happy that I started off the new year with a run instead of a rest day.

I signed up for Run the Year 2017. I am planning to run at least 1200 miles and walk the remaining 817.

Have a fabulous rest of the day!

Completed Races:
    12/3 Snowball Run 5K, Kingwood TX (35:34.2) *PR

Upcoming Races:
    1/22 Choco Loco 10K, Houston, TX

exercise.png
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Start January off with a wonderful 15 mile jog today :)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited January 2017
    I did my first "resolution" thing today and signed up for my first ever 50k! July 1, 2017. I'm coming for you!

Happy New Year!

@kristinegift you go and get it girl!
    @orphia wow that is a great PR !!!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Jan 1- 5.3 miles

Met up with the local run group for the annual New Year's day run and then breakfast. I was surprised to see about 50 people show up. It was a nice, moderate for January morning. Glad to get out there. Now I have my pork tenderloin cooking in the crockpot and watching football. I cleaned my house all day yesterday so that I can make this a lazy day! Have a good one everyone!

@Orphia- Bam! You nailed that!
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    I was a slacker for most of 2016, but I'm feeling social enough to join you guys for 90 miles this month.

exercise.png

01/01/17 - 5 miles
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Well, this run thing must be contagious. Signed my wife up for thr KP Challenge in Duluth, MN. It's a 4k in March, a 5k in April and a 5 mile in July. I might be recovered enough from my marathon to run the 5 mile with her, but that's too far out to guess. Fighting thr urge to run today, since it's my only rest day.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    My local Park Run did a special today for the New Year. Temperature of 5C, with a windchill that took it down to -3C. I intended to take it slowly as it would have been the baseline this years 5k's........ I ran it within a minute of my PB. So much for taking it easy as I come back from injury!!

Jan: 45 miles running.

exercise.png

1st: 3.88 miles, Park Run - MTD 3.88
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    @MobyCarp

Wow, 12th of 221 overall, and 1st of 15 in the M 60-64 age group... you never cease to amaze me. Fantastic.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    @MobyCarp

Wow, 12th of 221 overall, and 1st of 15 in the M 60-64 age group... you never cease to amaze me. Fantastic.

To be fair, the age group in local races got a lot less competitive after I turned 60.
  • bmelb1
    bmelb1 Posts: 224 Member
    @MobyCarp congratulations on your race.

Kudos to everyone who started off the new year with a good run!

I'm going to set my goal as 75 km again this month but I may change that based on the training plan I get from the running clinic I signed up for which starts on Friday.

Good luck to you all in your goals for January and 2017!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    January milege
    1---0.50 walk.

I'm bonkers. I think I need an antidepressant. Alex is leaving in 16 hours. DH is a pain. I'm feeling a little anxious? But, I'm using this to dig in to a running plan, even if it's hard. No violin practice. DH has been home. Maybe I'll fess up I have it an practice in the garage.

0/30 running miles
    0.50 walking miles

Advisable races:
    March 19th 2017 RNR Half Dallas, TX
    March 26th 2017 A2A 5k Ardmore, OK
    April 30th 2017 OKC Memorial Marathon, Half
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Happy New Year, everyone!!

@MobyCarp Congrats on your race!
    @Orphia Great job on the Park Run PB!!
    @kristinegift The 50K is a great goal, and I look forward to seeing your results.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Oh yeah... I almost forgot to log my run!! Lol

1/1: 19 miles!! But my headphones died after 3.7 miles. :'( Also did some runner's yoga, and I can walk without wincing again.

Now, hoping my Packers kick some Lion butt!