90 Day Transformation Challenge - Jan 1 thru March 31

Options
hooey78
hooey78 Posts: 83 Member
Looking to focus hard the first part of 2017? Me too!
I’d love to have a few people (or more) join me in seeing as much change as possible in 90 days.

Challenge Rules:
Introduce yourself to the group
On January 1, 2017 (or as near as possible), please post the following:
  1. Nutrition goals for this 90 days BE SPECIFIC!
  2. Fitness goals for 90 days – AGAIN SPECIFIC!
  3. Beginner stats – measurements, weight and/or pics – WHAT GETS MEASURED GETS IMPROVED

Looking forward to starting! Join me!

Replies

• teresaottesen
    teresaottesen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi
    My nutrition goals for the next 90 days, stay under 1200 Cal's a day, drink 80oz water, no eating out, choose lean meats and consume fruits and veggies as snacks.

My fitness goal is to walk 5 out of 7 days to the park and back. Swim 3 times a week.

Picture and stats coming soon
  • hooey78
    Options
    Welcome! Glad to have you join me!
  • lorabelllee
    lorabelllee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would like to join as well! We have 2 wedding coming up in April so this is a perfect challenge for me.

1. Nutrition goals would be to stay between 1200 and 1400 calories per day. Weigh and measure everything and wean myself off of most sugars and treats (dark chocolate is my treat for a good day..but just 1 piece.
    2. Fitness goals would be to weight train 3 days a week and maintain my 10k steps a day possibly upping to 12k by March.In addition, running 3 days a week as well with at least one weekly run being 4 miles or more.
    3. My measurements most recently were 42-34-42 and I weigh 179 (that includes my Christmas 2 pound weight gain) LOL My calves are 15 and my thighs 25.5. I will try to post a pic by the 1st. Thanks for the invite!
  • campingma
    campingma Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in. I need to get moving and this challenge sounds great.

1. Nutrition goals - be more consistent in recording what I am eating. Less processed foods and drink more water/green tea.
    2. Fitness goals - for January - at least 30-45 minutes of exercise four times a week. Then increase it as I go.
    3. Measurements - I'll plug everything in tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to this!
  • hooey78
    Options
    Happy to have you here!
  • RWayne48
    RWayne48 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Count me in - I actually posted something individually earlier in the day (wish I had seen this first) my birthday is March 30th and I turn 50-so a good 90 day marker :smiley:

Unfortunately, 2016 was a year of illness and a new injury on top of an old one (back and abdominal) which led to one very unhealthy body. In October I found I couldn't climb 3 flights of stairs without stopping to catch my breath, ouch.

Today's stats (90 day goals are in parenthesis)
    blood pressure: 150/82 (120/70)
    Rest Pulse 80 bpm (70)
    WT 151 lbs (140)
    Waist 31.5 inches (28)
    brisk walk/hills - cannot go 1/2 hour without stopping to catch my breath (1 hour without stopping)
    Weights I can lift 4lbs 1set 10reps (10lbs 2sets 12 reps)

The Plan
    CARDIO: Since most of my outdoor exercise will be in the woods (and no way to track miles) I will track time spent on cardio - 1st mini goal is to go 30 minutes without stopping and progress from there.
    WEIGHTS: 3x per week I will add weights to my morning physical therapy exercises.
    OTHER: Add yoga and indoor biking - need to dig bike out of cluttered garage

The old back injury (car accident 30 years ago) has kept me very timid about pushing myself because I tend to get enthusiastic and overdo it and it's one step forward and 2 steps back. So slow and steady will be my pace-but please push me if I seem to be stuck in a rut.

TODAY:
    30 minutes snow shoeing - lucky me, I live next to a hilly wooded lot (stopped to catch my breath a few times) saw a lot of tracks - now I need to find out what else is walking in the woods around me
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE
  • Kerry8693
    Kerry8693 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. Glad to have found this Post. I think a 3 month challenge is doable for me. I've been on the weight loss roller coaster for many, many years.
    Nutriction Goals - My nutrition goal is to eat fresher, healthier and less processed food.
    Fitness Goals - Because of knee, feet and asthma issues, I find it hard to walk very far or for great lengths of time but I am going to start with small distances..maybe half a kilometre every couple of days and build from there.
    Weight - Oh dear... my starting weight is 121.4 kilos (shudder).
    Here I go!!
  • Scotty17
    Scotty17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is a great challenge for me as I turn 50 in 6 weeks and we will be going South on April 1st so a Transformation Challenge is just what I need.

1. Nutrition Goals: Keep calories in the 1300 range while using portion control, avoiding sugar and reducing carbs
    2. Fitness Goals: Maintaining my step count to 10,000 while trying to work through a recent knee injury starting with physio and strengthening exercises. For cardio, walking or snowshoeing 30 minutes (starting every other day working up to every day as my knee improves)
    3. Stats:
    - weight: 217.4
    - msmts: 45-42-44

For health reason my main concern is my waistline, so hopefully as the weight comes off I will see a big change there.
    Looking forward 2017!
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Challenge Rules:
    Introduce yourself to the group: Hi, I'm Pam a 45 Y/O retired Army soldier, now wife, mother, homemaker, home school teacher, sheep farmer, fitness fanatic.
    On January 1, 2017 (or as near as possible), please post the following:
    Nutrition goals for this 90 days: eat as many calories as possible yet maintain weight, recomp to add muscle and lose fat. I currently have my calories at 1550 a day, plus any exercise cals I eat back measured by my fitbit. I work out at least 6 x's a week for 1 hour 1/2 cardio/1/2 strength and get 15000 steps or more a day. I aim to eat my weight in grams of protein a day (currently 135 grams. I am 5-4") I want to log, log, log and continue my streak, currently 150 days.
    Fitness goals for 90 days – continue to gain muscle strength and recomp my body. Run faster (currently top out at about (9:30 min mile)
    Beginner stats – measurements, weight and/or pics – WHAT GETS MEASURED GETS IMPROVED: NOT on January 1 ....so bloated. BUT SERIOUSLY.... I need to take some measurements.
  • campingma
    campingma Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Here we go! I posted my goals yesterday - one thing I'll add to it is: need to work on getting a regular amount of sleep. Functioning on 3 hours of sleep some days - not good. I skipped the part of intoducing myself - oops. I'm a 48 year old mom of twin young men that will be going off to college in August. A wife, a teacher too, but mom is how I would describe me. I like to walk half marathons with my friends and I need to get a move on so I don't embarrass myself in March. Measurements - Uugggh - for now I'll use the scale and jean size - no idea where the tape measure is. (whew). Weight: 209.6 and jeans - women's stretchy curvy 16.
    Wishing everyone a strong start.
  • shay1028
    shay1028 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I really love all the introductions. Very inspiring.
    Introduce yourself: My name is Shay I am 42 years old Mom of 3 great kids. 2016 was very difficult for me. My husband was deployed for 9 month. Challenging to say the least.
    Nutrition Goals: Eliminate processed foods. Eat at home more. Cut out added sugars. Add everything I eat into MFP.
    Fitness Goals: Exercise at least 30 minutes, 5 days a week. Add weight training into my routine.
    Measurements: I am 5'5" weighing 213 lbs. Shirt size L/XL, Jean size tight 14. I am 40"-42"-48", thigh 28", upper arm is 15".

My doctor has told me I have to lose weight for my health (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.). Right now I feel really motivated, however, I have started every weight lose program and fitness route before. So my ultimate goal for this is to complete it. Start, participate every day and finish after the 90 days.
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!!

Introduction: My name is Amy and I am 48 years old, mom of 2 kids, live in a small town in New Mexico. I've been at this since Feb last year and have lost about 65 lbs, want to lose 20 more. I have been on a 2 week vacation oversees (Australia) visiting my in-laws for Christmas and have no doubt I gained, didn't manage to exercise much there for a variety of reasons and my sugar intake was high because Christmas.
    Nutrition goals: Main one is to control the sugar. I am going to limit added sugar to 20g/day. I would like to have my weekly average gross calories ~<1500.
    Fitness goals: Exercise 6 days a week, walk 2 miles on my "off day". 2 days-running, 2 days-swimming, 2-days weight training. This will be my biggest challenge.
    Measurements: I will report weight and measurements tomorrow. I haven't weighed myself today, was starting tomorrow. I am 5'8", wear M/L top, pant size 12.
  • Kapoten
    Kapoten Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hello, and happy new year!

I'm Kate, and I'd like to join. I recently turned 35, and I am looking to get back in shape after gaining weight during the first half of my thirties.

Nutrition goals: Calorie-wise, stay between 1200 and maintenance level each day. Track my meals consistently.

Fitness goals: Work out 6 days per week, at least 20 minutes per day. I often fall into an "all or nothing" trap, with infrequent longer workouts. My goal for the next three months is to focus on consistency, even if each workout isn't very long or very intense.

Stats: As of this morning, I weighed 171.3 pounds, at 5'6.5". By the end of this challenge, I would like to weigh 157 pounds, which would put me in the healthy BMI range.

Good luck, everyone! We can do this :smiley:
  • Rhondahbl
    Rhondahbl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I would love to join this challenge
    Starting weight 229.2
    Height 5'5
    Goal 1200 calories
    Lose in 90 days is 10# a month
    Exercise 10000 steps and cardio 2-3 times a week. I'm a CNA so I get lots of walking in when I'm at work.
    I'm a sweet eater and work nights to I graze most of my shift.
    Measurements
    Belly 48
    Hips 50
  • hooey78
    Options
    You all have made my New Year already...so glad to have you all join!
  • hooey78
    Options
    Ok, here are my goals and starting measurements:

Strength: 3/week with my trainer
    Cardio: 2 HIIT sessions/week on rower or bike
    Nutrition: Hit my 1765 calorie target and +/- 5grams for each macronutrient165C/130P/65F 6 days/week

Weight: 163.6
    Waist: 35in
    Chest: 31.5in
    Hips: 37.75in
    Bicep unflexed: 11.5in
    Thigh: 22.25in

Ex tied to go on this journey with you all!
  • hooey78
    Options
    There are 14 of you aboard! So excited to have you. This is my first time on one of these boards so bare with me...I'm used to easy FB replies :-)

I hope you all stay engaged. Vent if you need to...celebrate successes...hold yourself accountable! Look forward to the next 90 days with you!

• JaznJamie
    JaznJamie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Jamie. I'm 39 and would like to loose 10-15 lbs. Most importantly I want to tone my thighs and gut. In the process I would love to find a BUTT!! I need motivation to exercise. Would love to find people to share food and exercise diaries with to help me stay accountable.
    dpb25ko2u8z0.jpg
    pwlael785gi0.jpg