90 Day Transformation Challenge - Jan 1 thru March 31

Options

Replies

• Bokarina
    Bokarina Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey all! I'm definitely in on this! Im 31 and have just had my 3rd & final baby and am now looking to get that baby weight off (about 10kg to get me back to my normal weight but I'll only try to do 5 in the 90days) and my fitness back.

Nutrition goals - stick to my meal plan. I'm notorious for eating really well then telling myself "oh you've been keeping to your macros, you deserve one treat" which then turns into 2, then 3...... or getting to the end of the day and "rewarding" myself for sticking to my meal plan with food. SO! for the first 90 days at least if it isn't in my meal plan then I don't want it in my mouth!

Fitness goals - complete Couch 2 5K program and do at least 5000 steps a day (I know it supposed to be 10K but with 3 kids under 4 it isn't always possible for me to get out of the house for a walk), start back doing yoga & light weights daily.

Start weight 75kg
    Goal weight 70kg
  • syclops
    syclops Posts: 90 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm IN!

Good afternoon folks! My name is Chris. I will be 46 mid January and want to continue to strive to be in the best shape of my life. I have struggled with weight all of my life...meaning if I stop exercising as a habit...its easy to gain weight back.

Nutrition goals for this 90 days: Increase protein, decrease the amount of complex carbs/sugars, need more veggies and fruits...less potatoes, breads, pastas, etc.
    Fitness goals for 90 days I already work out twice per day...BUT...I need to increase by intensity and focus
    Beginner stats – 190lbs, 5'10.5 I want to be down 10 lbs. I've not hit the 180 mark since high school.

The included picture is when I was at 185...good motivation to keep moving forward and beyond!

7r8r6vi2jt1q.jpg
  • RWayne48
    RWayne48 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing well, keep working through the shoulder but don't push yourself too hard you need time to recover!
    Maybe meditation just isn't for you? I certainly can't do it! I find my mine wanders far too easily and I start over thinking things. Are you doing meditation just for stress relief? If so maybe see if you can find something quiet and relaxed to do that you have to focus on to destress, eg, start reading a new book and spend half an hour a day just having a little read, or get one of those adult colouring books, (I love mine!) Or find a new health blog to read or spend some time finding new healthy recipes to spice up your meals? Just take half an hour of your day that is your me time, and schedule in a quiet sit down relaxed activity.

Hope you don't mind me just jumping in with suggestions :blush: but if you're anything like me you'll need to find something to do as a destressing technique, rather than trying to sit still and think of nothing, which I find incredibly difficult and boring!
    [/quote]
    Thanks for the great suggestions :smile: cooking and reading sound great ...hmm maybe it's time for a new cookbook - and try a new style of cooking...now I need to decide what style to go for :smile: time for some web surfing...gotta get the coffee first :
  • RWayne48
    Options
    Just started Meditation this week myself...same reason. It is totally new to me so I have been using an app on my phone to do a 20 minute relaxation. I've got work to do but it helps! Other than that just getting my workouts in helps me maintain my sanity! I started almost a year ago of trying to think of exercise as something I get to do instead of something I have to do...over time, it worked![/quote]

I've got a dvd but it's not working - hamster brain kicks in almost immediately...maybe I'll try some thing different
  • RWayne48
    Options
    [/quote]

OMG, I hated the idea of those coloring books because it seems so juvenile but someone gave one to me with pencils as a gift and I tried it one night...it WAS very relaxing! I have started to do this in the evening sometimes when I have nothing to do to keep my hands occupied. Glad I am not alone! Also, got a "real" camera for Christmas and have been spending time trying to figure out how to use that...fun![/quote]

LOL, about the coloring book-I thought the same thing but it worked when I tried it - unfortunately the bad arm is my dominant arm so it's not an option....thanks for the reminder - I need to get my camera back from the hubby - we've got a lot of wildlife in the backyard and everything looks great covered in snow - it will also get me in the woods hiking or on the snow shoes too - love the winter air ...and then really love the roaring fire in the wood stove when I come in :smiley:
  • RWayne48
    Options
    Went from 133 on Monday to 131.6 today. Yeah! I've just been tracking (some) and watching how much I eat. :)

congrats on the weight loss!!
    The tracking has helped me so much - I try to pre enter the food so I can see just how nutritious (or not so) a food is and it has helped me to eat one serving and if hungry to have some fruit or veg (I've got access to organic carrots-yum) - I've also found it's great to compare similar foods - I love nuts and we've got both walnuts and almonds in the house so I compared them and the almonds have more nutrition - so I've started eating more of the almonds and fewer walnuts
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Update through Jan 6th:
    Exercise: 5/6 & on target. Need another bike session today though.
    Rest: 1 day taken. Complete.
    Food: 3/6. Needs improvement
    Weight: SW 175.5 CW 174.5 (-1). Much to go....
  • ilorraine221
    ilorraine221 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Here. Checking in.

3/5 day worked out. Gonna keep at it
  • katija1
    katija1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Current: 201
    Goal: 150
    Discipline: only fluids will be water and tea for the next 90 days.
    Discipline: Minimum of 2 servings of veggies per day
    Discipline: No solid foods after 7pm
    Calorie limit: 1200
  • hooey78
    hooey78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    RWayne48 wrote: »
    Just started Meditation this week myself...same reason. It is totally new to me so I have been using an app on my phone to do a 20 minute relaxation. I've got work to do but it helps! Other than that just getting my workouts in helps me maintain my sanity! I started almost a year ago of trying to think of exercise as something I get to do instead of something I have to do...over time, it worked!

I've got a dvd but it's not working - hamster brain kicks in almost immediately...maybe I'll try some thing different[/quote]

Mine kicks in too and I have to snap back to focusing...I think that is normal for beginners...gotta just keep practicing
  • morskapana
    morskapana Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    morskapana wrote: »
    Hi I'm Kaitlyn, I'm 32 and love to cook natural wholesome foods (maybe too much). Last year I was generally less active and it is starting to make me feel super unhealthy! Plus I'm attempting to foster a lifestyle shift, rather than a dieting mentality.
    Fitness: I'm on a mission to do daily 30 minute mornings (yoga/strength/meditation), walk 4x/wk (minimum) and do fitness classes 3x/wk (minimum).
    Nutrition: My calorie goal depends on my activity level but with no activity it is about 1500 (fresh foods that don't contain hormones and do contain ingredients I can understand). Drink 96oz of water per day.
    Stats: I weigh 163.2 lbs, I'm 5'7". Waist 31, tummy 36, chest 38, hips 43, thigh 24, arm 12. My weight goal is 145, but mainly to feel healthy and strong.
    Have fun everyone! Let's stick to our goals to see results and feel healthy again! I'd be interested in people joining my 30 minute mornings routine too, perhaps I'll post a thread.

Checking in:
    I have logged for 8 days. Daily thirty minutes of yoga/ body weight exercises and meditation, I now look forward to getting up to do this! I have gone to 4 workout classes and walked 4 times this week. I have been drinking at least 96oz of water per day. I have lost 3.6 lbs and I'm back to my average weight. If anyone wants tips for mediation let me know, staying present can help us with so much everyday stress and anxiety. Keep up the good work!
  • morskapana
    morskapana Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hooey78 wrote: »
    Just started Meditation this week myself...same reason. It is totally new to me so I have been using an app on my phone to do a 20 minute relaxation. I've got work to do but it helps! Other than that just getting my workouts in helps me maintain my sanity! I started almost a year ago of trying to think of exercise as something I get to do instead of something I have to do...over time, it worked!

I've got a dvd but it's not working - hamster brain kicks in almost immediately...maybe I'll try some thing different

Mine kicks in too and I have to snap back to focusing...I think that is normal for beginners...gotta just keep practicing [/quote]

So when you are meditating, try to take deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth, then start to scan your body from your head to your toes- actually focus on each part of the body as you go and check in whether you are feeling good or bad in a certain area, but keep moving through to your toes. When you get there it's helpful to count your breaths until ten and then a try again. It's also helpful to start off with shorter times so you don't feel as though every time you are getting too distracted. Hope this helps. Good luck.
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Checking in, down 1lb so far! Just 17 more to go... But must think baby steps! I only started on Wednesday so I'm surprised I'm down anything at all. I joined a new gym today and its so nice! Had a work out today, think I'm going to try their bodypump class tomorrow evening and maybe a swim the day after. I'm so glad I've found somewhere I can enjoy working out at last!
  • Kapoten
    Kapoten Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Checking in after week 1...

This past week was unusual due to a change in my routine outside my control. I did a lot more walking than usual (hitting 25,000 steps on my Fitbit for the first time in one day), but not any "formal" exercise. I didn't track all my meals, but I kept things pretty reasonable.

My weight went from 171.3 last Sunday to 168.7 today, for a loss of 2.6 pounds. I know that's just holiday food/water weight disappearing, but I'll take it.

My goal for this week is to start getting into a more sustainable routine now that my schedule is back to normal.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I'm down 1lb but haven't been working out much, been kinda depressed this week, but I've still been counting calories, and trying to workout, I refuse to fall or the wagon, I know soon enough I'll be back to my old self and I'm gunna hate myself if I give up at this point, so I'll keep moving forward
  • hooey78
    hooey78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    morskapana wrote: »
    hooey78 wrote: »

Mine kicks in too and I have to snap back to focusing...I think that is normal for beginners...gotta just keep practicing

So when you are meditating, try to take deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth, then start to scan your body from your head to your toes- actually focus on each part of the body as you go and check in whether you are feeling good or bad in a certain area, but keep moving through to your toes. When you get there it's helpful to count your breaths until ten and then a try again. It's also helpful to start off with shorter times so you don't feel as though every time you are getting too distracted. Hope this helps. Good luck.
    [/quote]

This is exactly what the app I've been using guides...so thank you for the confirmation! I have strayed with 5 mins and 10 mins...still very hard for me to,stay present but getting better each time...and regardless I still feel more relaxed.
  • JacquiMarie70
    JacquiMarie70 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This week for me I am adding in some Barre classes to the mix! I got a great Baree DVD on amazon and can't wait to try it
  • JacquiMarie70
    JacquiMarie70 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oh and my weigh in day isn't until tomorrow!
  • Tarasalgado
    Tarasalgado Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
    I need to lose about 7 pounds. Already exercising and I know how to eat healthy meals. Need to stop snacking in the afternoons and evenings.

Currently 5'4" 115 pnds

Week 1, fail. But there are still 3 more weeks in the month!
  • welshfil
    welshfil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    well first week finished and lost 1.2 lbs.
    have got into the routine of getting up and using bike before work - feel much better and more alert -instead of sitting around drinking coffee feeling like a blob until I really have to leave.
    I have already extended my time on the bike to 20 mins and aim to get to 30 mins by the end of the month so onward and upward and lets do it this time.

I am planning on taking measurements every month so will post in a couple of week.

phillipa