I got rid of the protein shake. Anyone else?

124»

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    zetta_22 wrote: »
    I love my chocolate peanut butter protein powder, I make dessert with it most every night. It is more filling and has better macros and less calories than the usual dessert type foods I'd usually go for.

What protein powder do you use?

Optimum nutrition choc/peanut butter casein.

Quest chocolate protein powder and quest peanut butter are yummy mixed together too.

I'm waiting on an order of Myprotein chocolate/peanut butter isolate to arrive, i hope it tastes good!

Obviously i have issues with chocolate and peanut butter :lol: they're my favourite combo.

I've been doing a mix of the two things you mentioned for my new favorite.

30g Quest PB powder
    60g MyProtein Chocolate casein
    Water to pudding like consistency
    28g mixed nuts broken up
    100g mixed raspberries, strawberries and blueberries

Freeze for two to three hours, stirring and breaking up every 30 minutes or so. It ends up making a frozen nut and berry "fudge". My god, it's so good.

9nqnn10ngva9.jpg

Ahh protein sludge! If you throw in the fruits frozen itll create that same feeling without having to deal with the stirring and time. Used to be my go to for breakfast... dip some rice cakes in it A+

The fruits are frozen. I freeze it because I want the whole thing solid, like an actual fudge. The more sludges I make, the more I find that certain ones are better frozen, and others are awesome made with SF syrups instead of water, and microwaved into a brownie type of thing. Others still are best at room temp, or just slightly refrigerated.

You need to start sharing more recipes.

I've put up a lot of tgem on my feed, but I usually just direct people to the bb.com thread I mentioned earlier. All of my ideas either came directly from there, or started there snd I tweaked slightly. I don't like feeling like I am being given credit for someone else's discoveries.

Don't want to be the MFP Edison to the BB Tesla, so to speak. Haha.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    Personally I used a unflavored Whey Protein Isolate powder and sweeten and flavor it the way I want.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    I had to give up protein shakes (powdered protein) because they make me bleed. Bad enough I do that once a month, I don't need to be doing it more often. I have no problems with protein bars.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    They certainly aren't needed for weight loss. And if you're getting enough protein, then yeah, why would you need them.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    I don't understand why people demonize protein powder. It's simply one way to get your dietary protein, like meat, greek yogurt, etc. Some people use it, some people don't.