Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Get in 12,000 steps.✔️
    Vacuum ~~~
    Clean out fridge✔️
    Prepare for cauliflower pizza, will make Monday✔️
    Get out in that snow, be it high wet and drizzly.✔️

JFT Monday
    - Get me steps in, in this terrible weather 12,000+
    - Eat 1,200 calories. No more than that
    - Get SO valentines gift together
    - Buy a co worker coffee

Made cauliflower pizza tonight and I thought it was great and pretty easy to do.

This is going to be a tough week for me, healthy eating wise, my SO comes home from working 35 days away. I miss him dearly but I still have to work while he's home so he does the cooking and he's amazing but the calories are amazing too.... here's to compromising! Hope it works out.

Keep the effort up people and enjoy your day!!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    New week, new start! Had put on a tiny bit of weight this morning, but that isn't a surprise given I went way over my calories on three days last week. However, this week has fewer opportunities for over eating (I think) and I can feel my willpower returning so hopefully I can lose that (and more) this week.

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks other than Ryvita - in the afternoon OR in the evening
    - No alcohol
    - Exercise class after work
    - Stay within calories with mini deficit

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Take some time to think about relationship issues
    - No faffing, procrastination or perfectionism - power through to-do list and get stuff done!
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    shenna333 wrote: »
    joan6630 wrote: »

Great job!!!! I struggle with getting the scale to move at all! I am just aiming for 5 lbs a month if I am lucky! Keep up the good work! And , have fun with those little grandkids! Ours live 500 miles away, so enjoy every minute!

Thank you! I am just trying to stay diligent and aware and making small changes. For the first time I am sticking with it and it's working! I feel very fortunate my grand babies are here. I would miss the pitter-patter. Just sometimes struggle to find balance. Quiet and me time mostly lol

I have a 17, almost 18 year old, granddaughter living with us. Teenage years are so hard, and it is difficult. She also lived with us when she was a baby, along with her mom (my daughter), and although it is hectic, I cried and was horribly heartbroken when they got their own place. It's a thin line, and I understand how hard, yet wonderful, this time for you is... Deep breaths, grandma! :wink:

Thanks! Yep, exactly how I feel. I am indeed blessed. However a clean dish, towel, and to not break my leg on something would be great too lol :p Less than 1000 sq ft, 7 people and two dogs. Think we all just have cabin fever. 3 1/2, 23 mo and 22 mo. They all just follow me around room to room, dogs included, like a train! I hope you have a safe and stress free trip!
  • shenna333
    Options

Just for today: Sunday

Let's try calm again
    Be productive
    Cook for babies. More veggies today

Those we're pretty easy to rock out, so now on to the work week and starting on a good note...

Just for today: Monday

WATER!!
    SERIOUSLY start incorporating some form of exercise
    Prioritize work. Let little things go. Do it for my happiness.

New day, new week, wishing you all the best! Make it a good one.
  • jamieparadis20
    jamieparadis20 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Excited about this thread! My goal is to lose fat but gain muscle and become more toned, so not much weight lost but more of a body recomp.

After my birthday and Super Bowl this weekend, I'm feeling a little puffy.

Goals for just today:
    Accurately log EVERYTHING.
    Get to step goal before dinner
    Perform one random act of kindness
    Think of 3 things I'm grateful for whenever I start to feel down
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    linnea4 wrote: »
    Log :)
    Focus :/ Not so much. Left just before lunch to take one of my teens to the doctor. several hours later we were done. I guess I focused for the few hours I was there...
    Enjoy time out with friends this evening (but order what I've "scheduled") I might get dessert... I'll probably "earn" more calories before then. :) Did enjoy, had dessert at home. (and changed from the smaller sirloin to the more delicious ribeye, because of the doc visits, I never had a chance to eat some of the food I had for work. Totally not complaining)
    Enjoy my weekend. Don't worry about logging, just focus on self (and taxes and maybe even some house cleaning) - Did not work on taxes, but did sweep some

Today,

I'll log, during the day is easy, it's at home I struggle.
    I will again consider going to the gym. The biggest problem, is my personal best time to go, is the middle of the day. Too early and I spend the day sluggish and exhausted. Too late can sometimes affect my sleep. Can't really take two hour lunches, which leads after work, peak time, when a 45 minute workout takes an hour and a half because of waiting for equipment. :/ unless I wait longer. If I do that, then I'm often perked up and have to chill for an hour or so before I can sleep. That's ok for a few days, but if I do it continuously, I end up tired, and then don't go at all to recover. grrrr... I wish work had put in a small gym like they said they would a couple years ago. I would have used that.
    Well, that turned into a rant. Summary for when I quote tomorrow.

Log
    Consider working out

Two things is enough for a Monday.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Not online much this weekend, so updates as follows:

F 2/3/17:
    1) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water - YES 10 including a bottle of water at bball games :smile:
    2) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs - have to do this at work, since evening I will be driving 1 1/4 hour to watch nieces play their basketball games - No a little short with 23 :neutral:
    3) Meditate in afternoon - I noticed in choir last night my breath control is getting better, I want to improve this! - No due to F afternoon office chitchat which I enjoyed :neutral:
    4) Floss before bed, even though I will get home late in evening - No - Ack! :neutral:

Over weekend, decided on simple daily goals of at least 8 glasses of water and 1.5 miles on treadmill. Yes to both on Saturday :smile: but no to both on Sunday :neutral: Guess I just wanted a lazy day after so busy the past few days.

Just for today M 2/6/17:
    1) Drink 8 -10 glasses of water
    2) Meditate in afternoon - remember, it's good to calm my mind and improve breath control
    3) Walk on treadmill at least 1.5 miles this evening
    4) Floss !!!
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 with TV off - have several early morning events this week, don't want a sleep-deficit
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    JFT Mon 6 Feb:
    1. 2 Pints water
    2. Stay in calorie limits
    3. 10 min exercise
    4. Fix screen
    5. Clear off counter
    6. Peacefulness :-)

Sounds like some of you gals are doing marvelously. That's inspiring. :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    1. log all food :/
    2. drink water :/
    3. have only 1 bowl of chili for dinner :)
    4. drink water :/

Total fail this weekend. It all started on saturday. I let myself get too hungry, went to the store, and bought Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. Ended up eating 2 on saturday, and the other 3 on sunday. ALong with junk food while watching the superbowl. But .... its a new day today, and that is life. I know I will not be perfect everyday. If I can do OK 5 days out of the week, and try not to do too much damage over the weekend, that is living...

so JFT, Monday 2/6
    1. drink water. 2 glasses with each meal
    2. log ALL food
    3. get to the gym tonite, or out for a walk. Do something
    4. drink water instead of snacking tonite
    5. be mindful of what I am eating. When I overeat, especially junk food, I feel absolutely awful. Its just not worth it. Remember that!

hope you all have a fantastic day!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Darn you climate change! We had black ice this weekend...I actually did get a bunch of dancing in, but I had to change my schedule around a bit to make that happen. I am in Oregon, where we usually have pretty mild winters, but this one has been cold and slippery.

Monday:
    1. Plan and track exercise for the week
    2. Track all food for the day
    3. Under 75G carbs
    4. Weight + Zumba workout
    5. 60 situps
    6. 10 pushups
    7. 12+ glasses of water
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I'm in the North West of the UK. Where the weather is just.. backwards lol
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Wow, today was a good day!

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No snacks other than Ryvita - in the afternoon OR in the evening :)
    - No alcohol :)
    - Exercise class after work :)
    - Stay within calories with mini deficit :| Pretty close - 20 over. That'll do!
    - 30+ minute lunch break :)
    - Meditate :)
    - Take some time to think about relationship issues :| Some but could have done more
    - No faffing, procrastination or perfectionism - power through to-do list and get stuff done! :)

Posting tomorrow's commitments today as I'll be working on the train tomorrow (when I normally post)...

Very similar to today's - they are:
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks other than Ryvita - in the afternoon OR in the evening
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work
    - Stay within calories with 200+ calorie deficit

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Take some time to think about relationship issues
    - No faffing, procrastination or perfectionism - power through to-do list and get stuff done!
  • shenna333
    Options

Just for today: Monday

WATER!!- :)
    SERIOUSLY start incorporating some form of exercise- does thinking about it count?
    Prioritize work. Let little things go. Do it for my happiness.- :)

Found myself grazing last night. No no no. Still under but. Just no. Hold it. Stare at it. Can I afford it? Is it worth it? Be accountable for it. Measure and log it.

Just for today: Tuesday

Water at least 8 cups
    No grazing
    10000 steps
    Make time for at least stretching
    Let those around me know I appreciate them
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Just For Today Tue Feb 7 2017
    1. Weigh, Measure, and Log Every Bite
    2. Stick to the foods on my Keto Challenge
    3. Go to Jazzercise
    4. Go through the pile of mail
    5. Pay bills
    6. Perform one random act of kindness
    7. Prepare supper for my partner and me
    8. Call my grandkids "just because"

Karen in Virginia
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    JFT Mon 6 Feb:
    1. 2 Pints water-- :/ Got in one
    2. Stay in calorie limits-- :'( Didn't even pay attention after a while...
    3. 10 min exercise-- :#
    4. Fix screen-- :) Started and found I need more material.
    5. Clear off counter-- :p:) I'm a "pile person", and that took a while!!
    6. Peacefulness :-)-- :) Pretty peaceful

JFT Tues 6 Feb:
    1. 2 Pints water
    2. Stay in calorie limits
    3. 10 min exercise
    4. Put away bags of clothes from bedroom into garage bins
    5. Get entry cleared--junk to shed
    6. Get box in b-nook out to garage (If I do a few of these things myself, rather than have children take out to garage, etc., I'll get in a good bit of huffin' & puffin', lol!)
    7. Get screen material into house :)
    8. Peacefulness
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    linnea4 wrote: »
    Log
    Consider working out

Two things is enough for a Monday.

I did both, although I logged horrible things, and opted not to go. (My left ovary hates me I think.)

JFT
    Don't change things up. If it's pre-recorded, eat it.
    Try to get within of 100 calories of the goal.
    Go to bed by 10pm.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yesterday M 2/6/17:
    1) Drink 8 -10 glasses of water - YES 10 :smile: had good bp reading at NP appt.
    2) Meditate in afternoon - remember, it's good to calm my mind and improve breath control - No, work issues came up after lunch, and I had to leave at 3:30 for appt. :neutral:
    3) Walk on treadmill at least 1.5 miles this evening - YES 1.5 miles :smile:
    4) Floss !!! YES :smiley:
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 with TV off - have several early morning events this week, don't want a sleep-deficit - YES 10:26 :smile:

Just for today T 2/7/17:
    1) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water
    2) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs
    3) Meditate in afternoon
    4) Pick up house more before Terry visits in evening
    5) Floss - keep it going!
    6) Bedtime by 10:15 w/ TV off - leave early W a.m. for annual physical
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Monday 2/6
    1. drink water. 2 glasses with each meal :/
    2. log ALL food :)
    3. get to the gym tonite, or out for a walk. Do something :/ Went shopping with my daughter instead :)
    4. drink water instead of snacking tonite :/ Darn trail mix! But ... it is GONE NOW!!
    5. be mindful of what I am eating. When I overeat, especially junk food, I feel absolutely awful. Its just not worth it. Remember that :/

Tuesday 2/7
    busy day again, so keeping it simple
    1. log all food
    2. drink water. 2 glasses with each meal
    3. drink water in the evening - have that glass next to me to sip
    4. get out for a walk