Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    I had been stable(ish) but starting to creep up again. I found some new motivation, with a new goal and BAM i"m up 3 lbs pushing me over 200 again. I need to start making daily goals again, that are more than to-do lists as it does seem to help.

so, Just one today: No Munching, planned meals and snack only - no chips, no leftover dip from Sunday, no Reeses, :neutral: Did fine until I got home ravenous, because I hadn't brought enough food with me to work. Despite eating a few reeses's while cooking dinner, I managed to control the munching mostly. I ended up eating a snack later as I was still hungry, but again it was somewhat controlled. It was a deliberate decision to eat not complete mindless munching. I didn't demolish the bag and stopped after a little bit

so let's repeat again. NO munching especially once I'm home.
  • jamieparadis20
    jamieparadis20 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Goals for just today
    Stay warm during snow storm
    DONT eat any brownies I'm making for a bake sale
    Get a workout in shoveling snow
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    linnea4 wrote: »
    Wednesday:
    Stay within 100 calories of goal - Yeah, right. Nope.
    Go to bed by 10pm (video games are wonderfully evil things) - Technically yes. Looked at clock, it was 10:03. Shut down game, was in bed five minutes later. Fell asleep after another 20-30 minutes, maybe longer. Woke up multiple times. Ugh. So, still tired. Go figure.
    Try not to roll my eyes so hard they fall out of my head when listening to upper mgmt at work. I need them to see. - Well, I can still see, so that's a good thing.

Thursday:
    Stay within 100 calories of goal (one day, I will achieve this. I have a plan for tonight.)
    Go to bed by 10pm (I did it once, I can do it again)
    Be patient with my daughter. I swear. Every time she gets a head cold, she's sure she has a sinus infection. She stubs a toe and it's gotta be broken. I love her, but dang.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yesterday W 2/8/17 I fasted before annual physical, and stopped at McD's for quick breakfast before going to office; not the best, but I logged it. Short day in office with late arrival, and happy hour among former colleagues after work, so daily goals adjusted accordingly:
    1) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water (drank 4 before leaving the house for physical) - YES 10 :smile:
    2) Meditate in afternoon - No, due to time-sensitive work that came up again after lunch :neutral:
    3) Limit alcohol to no more than 2 beers tonight; check out menu of pub online before going - YES, had 2 beers and switched to soda, reviewed the menu online before but ended up ordering a food special instead...on the bright side, I logged everything, so I'm counting this. :smile:
    4) Hang up clean shirts draped on chair in home office - No, got home later than planned (had such a good time), did a few easy chores around house and total exhaustion hit me, fell asleep on family room couch until hubby called from work at 9:16 p.m. :neutral:
    5) Floss - No :neutral:
    6) Bedtime no later than 10:30 w/ TV off - YES flopped into bed 9:29, really needed the sleep :smile:

Try to make today a better day health-wise. Just for R 2/9/17:
    1) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water
    2) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs
    3) Meditate in afternoon (time-sensitive work tasks should be over for now)
    4) Hang up clean shirts draped over home office chair; fold hubby's clean clothes
    5) Floss !!!
    6) Bedtime by 10:30 w/ TV off
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    5) Floss - No :neutral:

I am so glad I am not the only one that has trouble with this one on a regular basis.
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    -Have a healthy lunch✔️
    -Get those steps in!!✔️
    - SO will be making dinner make sure to figure out calories and stay within.✔️
    - Don't go to bed hungry Eat well✔️
    - Make lunch ahead.✔️

-Make whatever SO makes for dinner within my calorie alowment
    - make lunch ahead
    - Have dessert. Berries and yougurt. To remind me of summer

Have a day!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Wednesday,
    1. get to the gym. :) Did this already, so a good start to turning this around. :)
    2. log ALL food :)
    3. concentrate on water - 2 with each meal :)
    4. concentrate on sipping water in the evening :):)
    5. buy some gum to keep from eating in the evening :/
    6. write down what I am feeling with my daughter. She is going through a really rough time right now, and it is not her, or my fault. Count our many blessings :)
    7. do not eat for comfort. It will not help :)

Much better day today. I need to always remember water in the evening!

JFT, Thursday
    1. log all food
    2. 2 glasses water w/each meal
    3. sip water in the evening
    4. finish charity quilt that I need by end of the month
    5. lay out clothes for gym so I go tomorrow morning
    6. clean cupboard underneath the bathroom sink
    7. go and buy leaf bags for this weekend -- it is suppose to be near 60 degrees!!!!
    8. get to bed earlier than 1:00 am!!! Hard habit to break, as both my hubby and I work out of our home. Its so easy to get sewing, and before I know it, its after midnight. So by the time we both get ready for bed, and watch a little TV, its pushing 1:30!!

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Goals for Thurs
    - Keep taking it easy - kind of been running around a bit today but feel okay about it
    - Remember to take meds - yep!
    - Stay within calories or close to very close to, will be in the green when I work out
    - 30 mins exercise - doing that soon!
    - Visit another nursery for toddler - yep and handed in application form at the one I visited yesterday
    - Poss no time for swimming but will go if I do! - yeah no time but booked in at the gym tomorrow

Goals for Fri
    - go gym
    - Hydrate
    - Stay within calories
    - Take meds

General Goals for Feb
    - Remain consistent with water intake
    - Try to workout between 18-21days/28 (6/28)
    - Lose 4-6lb
    - Word for Feb: Unstoppable.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Today (Wednesday):
    1. Eat healthy and journal :) Not too bad. I'm in a hotel on this work trip and instead of going to McDonalds drive thru, I went to Walmart and bought an Atkin's low carb frozen dinner and had almonds and yogurt for snack.
    2. HYDRATE ;) not so good here. I drank a lot of coffee to keep myself "up" for presentation I was doing.
    3. Teach provider class and give them a good impression of our software. Have a smile in my voice. :)
    4. Swim tomorrow for exercise. No exercise room at this hotel. (This whole town is about 5 blocks in size! Tiny!) :/ Nope. Got back to hotel and had a bajillion emails to go through. worked late into the night.
    6. Get caught up on at least this week and part of last week's email. ;)
    7. Read for pleasure to unwind. :/
    8. Unplug at least 1 hour before bed so I get a good night's sleep. do NOT work all day and all night too... :s
    9. One random act of kindness :)
    10. Gratitude journal :)

JFT - Thursday
    1. Eat healthy snacks and get a healthy dinner from diner.
    2. HYDRATE
    3. Get REST tonight. Do not work all night. only what you HAVE to get done tonight.
    4. Set out tomorrow's stuff, tonight, so I can get out the door early in the morning for the class I am teaching tomorrow.
    5. Call husband and check in tonight.
    6. One random act of kindness. :) Done!
    7. Gratitude journal.

• jamieparadis20
    Options
    How do you edit a comment you already made? Like, to add smiley faces to things I did?
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    @jaimeparadis20 ... I just copy and paste and then add my checks happy faces
  • machete66
    machete66 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thursday
    50 from goal of 500 pushups in 5 days
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Been away for a couple of days so not managed to post. Food hasn't been great while I've been away.... but I've been on my feet a lot which has got to burn calories, right....?!

Anyway, back to business. Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks at all
    - Yoghurt only for dessert (dinner)
    - G&T only this evening

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - No faffing or perfectionism - power through and get stuff done
    - Don't get annoyed by irritating managers. I'll find a way to get around them eventually.

• shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Just for today: Thursday

Water 8- :)
    Stay calm and handle stress level-did good at work not so much at home
    Stay busy

Well, for the first time this year, had a nice little binge last night. Got into the Hickory Farms basket. AND the rum. Of course, feel crappy about it. Gonna log it now, then stare at that crappy red line for the next week. It's weigh in Friday :# . Hoping I didn't gain.

Just for today:

Water 8
    10000 steps
    Be productive
    Don't be too hard on myself. I have eaten that way most of my life. Does not make, break, or define me
    No self sabotaging behaviors

Happy Friday
  • jamieparadis20
    Options
    Goals just for today:
    Log accurately!
    Drink extra water
    Have about 50 cals leftover
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    JFT Fri 10 Feb:
    1. 2 Pints water
    2. Stay in calorie limits
    3. 10 min exercise
    4. Put away bags of clothes from bedroom into garage bins
    5. Get screen material into house!
    6. Say "Thank you" to each of my children about something today
    7. Peacefulness

I totally skipped yesterday. Pretty bad day. Getting such a slow start at this.

I DID get the one box of junk out of house, though. I got in "thank you's" (some words of appreciation) to over half my children (the 7 that are still home), and I will try to shoot for that again today. And I've been drinking more fluids--not quite water, but I think I can count good homemade broth and tea?!?!! :)

@Bex953172 : I like your idea of a Word for February!...I think mine needs to be Unshakeable--as in, imperturbable, steady, "unrattle-able" :) Thanks for the idea!
  • TechNerd42
    Options
    linnea4 wrote: »
    [Thursday:
    Stay within 100 calories of goal (one day, I will achieve this. I have a plan for tonight.) - Apparently my plan needs to include going over by so many calories first. I forgot I have a tendency to get more as the evening wears on. Maybe tonight.
    Go to bed by 10pm (I did it once, I can do it again) - But not last night. 10:30 though... asleep relatively quickly too. It probably would have been a great night's sleep if I hadn't spent the last hour of it dreaming about being awakened by my co-workers. (In their defense, my bed was at work.)
    Be patient with my daughter. I swear. Every time she gets a head cold, she's sure she has a sinus infection. She stubs a toe and it's gotta be broken. I love her, but dang. - I was patient-ish. She has another knee brace for her collection though. *sigh*

JFT:
    the Goal is more of a guideline, really. Not sure about dinner tonight. Taking my son to see Lego Batman, and may or may not grab dinner. Depends on what he wants as to where we go.
    Go to bed whenever I feel like it, because it's Friday night, and I get to sleep in.

JFTW (Weekend):
    Do my chores (work on litter box positioning, and make a dent in the kitchen)
    Enjoy spending time and eating with friends at game night
    talk to game night host about me dialing back my participation a bit. I think I'm getting too old for this. :/
    Don't sit in a strategic place while Pokemon Hunting on Sunday afternoon. Walk a bit. Maybe make Sunday my highest step count day.
    Watch The Walking Dead with my daughter.
  • TechNerd42
    edited February 2017
    Options
    How do you edit a comment you already made? Like, to add smiley faces to things I did?

Click the quote button under your post. Edit out what you don't want, and add what you do.

But if you want to actually edit and not create a new post, mouse over your post and then click on the gear, (or long press in the mobile app I think) and then select Edit. Add what you want. Save Post. :smile:

Except it only gives you an hour to edit, in which case you're stuck with option 1. (and I edited this post multiple times. It tells you when a post is edited underneath it, next to the original timestamp of the post.)
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    KayHBE wrote: »
    @jaimeparadis20 ... I just copy and paste and then add my checks happy faces

Me too - copy and paste, then edit. :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Just for Today (Wednesday):
    1. Eat healthy and journal :) Not too bad. I'm in a hotel on this work trip and instead of going to McDonalds drive thru, I went to Walmart and bought an Atkin's low carb frozen dinner and had almonds and yogurt for snack.

Impressive! I used to be a road warrior, and never did this. But I did pack food for my lunches for four days as my hotel had mini-fridges in the rooms.