Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yesterday M 2/13/17:
    1) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water - YES 12 :smiley:
    2) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs, mostly at work (lots of driving and sitting tonight, need to get in activity) - No 22, ran out of time at work
    3) Eat early supper at desk, that I brought to work (driving 1 1/4 hours after work to watch nieces' bball games & I don't want to eat concession food, or eat so late afterward; so sad it's the last games of theirs that I'll get to see) - Yes/No - ate supper before I left work, but still ate popcorn at games...at least had a bottle of water too....then snacked when I got home. Overtired strikes again! At least I logged every bad bite. If I want to lose some more weight, I need to focus on CICO more.
    4) Floss !!! YES :smiley:
    5) Bedtime 10:30, hopefully I'm home by then! No, not even close: arrived home at 10:23, too keyed up from driving to go straight to bed, finally in bed sometime around 11:30, and fell asleep with TV on - rats, will have caffeine to help today.

Just for today T 2/14/17 <3
    1) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water
    2) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs, mostly at work, before massage appt. this evening while hubby's at work
    3) Participate in hike at lunchtime (with snow melting, no snowshoes today)
    4) Meditate in afternoon (I did yesterday, and I hadn't even listed it JFT)
    5) Floss - trying for 2 consecutive days again
    6) Bedtime by 10:30 w/ TV off
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options

-Take SO to airport ✔️
    -Get at least 10,500 steps in✔️✔️
    -Make a soup for dinner using up the veggies in the fridge (Fridge clean up)✔️✔️
    -Pick up prescription✔️

Just for Valentine's Day.

- Have a Chocolate treat
    - Still stay on track from Chocolate treat
    - Goal of 11,000/12,000 steps
    - Look at increasing calories to 1299 and see how that works.
    - Show some love to others around me.

Enjoy your Valentine's Day. Love yourself first!! ❤
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    Goals for Tues
    - take it very easy - as easy as I could with toddler and baby
    - Take meds - yes
    - Stay within calories - yep, all food is tasteless ATM so not had much
    - Ring pharmacy/GP - no, not serious enough now!

Goals for Weds
    - take meds
    - Stay within calories
    - Shopping day - make good choices
    - Attempt to shift this cold?
    - Attempt gym / although not likely

General Goals for Feb
    - Remain consistent with water intake
    - Try to workout between 14/28 days (7/28)
    - Lose 4-6lb
    - Word for Feb: Unstoppable

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Again posting a day in advance as will be working on train tomorrow:

Today was not a great day, for work or food. My teammates brought in snacks for our 'valentines day team meeting' and I couldn't stop myself caving. I was feeling emotionally a bit low and also have got really good at making excuses for eating lately. Need to work on that.... figure out what's causing the lapsing and work on it!

Today's commitments were:
    - Log everything I eat :) Not necessarily accurate though I tried to be generous
    - No snacks except ryvita :'( Went completely overboard on snacks
    - No alcohol :) Managed this at least!
    - Exercise class after work :/ Nobody else wanted to do this as they all had valentine's day plans. Going to go gym tomorrow instead!
    - Stay within calories :'( haha..... nope

- 30 + minute lunch break :'( Didn't do this and actually this might not have helped with the eating
    - Meditate :'( Ditto
    - Leave work straight after exercise class - take laptop if necessary :| N/A... I did leave relatively promptly
    - Don't procrastinate - get stuff done! :) Actually was ok on this
    - Arrange scary meeting I've been putting off :):) I actually did this... Now I just have to plan what to say in it....

Tomorrow's commitments -
    - Gym before work
    - Log everything I eat
    - Low calorie lunch and dinner
    - No snacks except ryvita
    - No alcohol
    - Stay within calories with 500 cals left (i.e. don't eat back gym calories

- Pick workload targets for day and hit them
    - 30 + minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Leave work early to travel up to Manchester BEFORE I get hungry
    - Spend time planning scary meeting in hotel room
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Goal 2/14
    Exercise: 20 minutes with video workout :)
    Steps: 7000 :)
    Log all food stay under goal :)
    Drink 28 ounces of water :)
    Do 2 loads of laundry and straighten house :/ had to do laundry at a friend's house because my washing machine is not working!! Got the laundry done but didn't have time to straighten the house.
    Read and study some more. :)

2/15
    Walk 2 miles with dog
    8000 steps for day
    Log all food and stay under goal
    Clean house.
    Call Sears and find out how much longer before my washing machine parts come in.
    Read and study.
  • Peachfaygo77
    Peachfaygo77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    yesterday
    10mins of positive affirmations in AM-yep did that :p
    complain less- work in progress :|
    Gym@5AM-accomplished :)
    Drink 8 glasses of H2O- yep!!!
    track (every single bite)-you go girl!!! :)
    walk for 45 mins this evening- walked 1 hour and 18 mins/4 miles
    10 mins positive affirmations in PM- about 5 mins
    stay in my calorie range- I had to work off high calorie salmon and taco bell
    Burn daily goal - I yep!!
    no social media after 7:00pm- umm... :|
    journal writing/our daily bread/bible- i read my devotional but i didnt write in my journal
    complete my day on myfitnesspal- Yes i did!!

Just for today
    10 mins of positive affirmations in AM- Failed! alarm clock didnt go @ 4:30
    Gym@5am
    drink my 8 glasses or more of waterive affirmations in pm
    10 mins posit
    walk 45 mins to hour this evening
    get a pedicure (much deserved)
    stay in calorie range
    track food on mfp
    burn my daily goal
    journal writing/our daily bread/bible
    complete my day on mfp
  • cschmitz110515
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yesterday T 2/14/17 <3
    1) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water - YES 10, including some at spa after massage :smile:
    2) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs, mostly at work, before massage appt. this evening while hubby's at work - YES 32 (some must be from lunch hike) :smile:
    3) Participate in hike at lunchtime (with snow melting, no snowshoes today) - YES :smiley: gorgeous day to be outside in nature!
    4) Meditate in afternoon (I did yesterday, and I hadn't even listed it JFT) - YES :smile:
    5) Floss - trying for 2 consecutive days again - YES :smiley:
    6) Bedtime by 10:30 w/ TV off - YES early to bed at 10 p.m. after several long days :smile:

Just for today W 2/15/17
    2) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs
    3) Meditate in afternoon
    4) Complete evening chores on to-do list
    5) Floss - can I do 3 days in a row?
    6) Bedtime by 10:30 w/ TV off
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    linnea4 wrote: »
    Tuesday:
    Record everything to the best of my ability, but no specific goals today. I already know that chocolates and a restaurant dinner are in the cards. Just don't know quantity or type. - Actually recorded it. The restaurant was in there, so I went for it. OMG - the hour and a half wait was NOT worth it, but it's where my husband wanted to go, and they lied to us about the wait. Ugh. Hate it when they do that. (An extra 15 minutes, that's a miscalculation I can forgive, it taking twice as long as they said AND they didn't give us a table until we asked - and half the tables were emtpy, yeah, not forgiving that too soon.)
    Live a little - Eh... I'll live this weekend.
    Get crap done - Yeah, I got some stuff done.

Wednesday:
    Try to maintain the motivation to record. My give darn is breaking again. It happens with annoying regularity.
    Aim for that 100 calorie range
    Continue looking forward to this weekend (easy, it's Pensacon)
    Do not lose temper (Irritability tends to accompany my depressive episodes)
  • KayHBE
    edited February 2017
    Options
    - Have a Chocolate treat ✔️ Starbucks chocolate molten latte. Yum yum
    - Still stay on track from Chocolate treat✔️✔️
    - Goal of 11,000/12,000 steps✔️
    - Look at increasing calories to 1299 and see how that works. ** Changed it didn't up calories haha
    - Show some love to others around me.✔️✔️✔️. I receive some beautiful roses from my sweetie and I gave away a few flowers to my co workers who don't have someone as sweet in their lives.

2/15

Put slow cooker on
    Drink 100 oz water
    Have a lunch time walk
    Walk around the parking lot right after work
    Plan tomorrow dinner
    Make ahead lunches
    Make refrigerator oats.

• cschmitz110515
    Options
    Tuesday:
    The restaurant was in there, so I went for it. OMG - the hour and a half wait was NOT worth it, but it's where my husband wanted to go, and they lied to us about the wait. Ugh. Hate it when they do that. (An extra 15 minutes, that's a miscalculation I can forgive, it taking twice as long as they said AND they didn't give us a table until we asked - and half the tables were emtpy, yeah, not forgiving that too soon.

That's why my hubby and I gave up dinners out on V-Day years ago, when we were dating. Unless we had made a reservation, which we never do and some places don't accept, the waits were endless. And just So. Not. Worth. It. We have a dinner sometime in February to celebrate. <3
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    @ cerailpeay
    10 mins of positive affirmations in AM- Failed! alarm clock didnt go @ 4:30

LOL! If my alarm clock ever DID go off at 4:30, I'd be hard pressed to have ANY positive words come out of my mouth! Seriously though, I love how you schedule morning and pm times for affirmations. Great idea!

@slittlemeister Good luck at your scary meeting!!! You've got this!

@linnea4 The Walking Dead on Sunday. OMG is right!!!!

@Bex953172 Feel better soon!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    J4T - Sunday
    1. Shop for healthy snacks and make healthy choices today. No sugary crap! :s HUGE FAIL. I was a major emotional eater on Sunday. I ate so many miniature Hershey bars, it was ridiculous! I missed home a lot on Sunday. Not an excuse, but I know my triggers and I let it get the best of me. Dang.
    2. HYDRATE! There are other things to drink besides coffee! ;) Really? There are other things to drink besides coffee? Huh. I'm really going to have to work on this.
    3. Do laundry. :) Yup. This is where I did all my emotional eating...at the laundromat in some tiny town in northern Wisconsin.
    4. Go shopping to kill some time. Perhaps find a new sweater to wear to work tomorrow. :) Yup. This is where I bought the bag of candy bars...
    5. Either go swimming and do laps or use the equipment in exercise room to get some activity in! :) Hot tub and swam laps. Was wonderful! I really need to fall into some money and build myself a pool house. *smile*
    6. Use stairs instead of elevator as much as possible today. :)
    7. Check out the job site so I know where I'm going tomorrow and what to expect. :)
    8. Catch up on some work emails so I don't start the work week stressed out. :/ Nope. Didn't work at all on Sunday. Took the day for myself.
    9. Set out my clothes and work materials tonight so I'm not scrambling tomorrow morning. :)
    10. Bed early so I can relax and watch The Walking Dead. (Yea!!!) :o Yes! OMG. I love this show.

Well, it looks like I missed Monday and Tuesday. I can summarize it by saying "see above". BUT, I got to come back home last night, which is actually two days early, so I'm back at it today. So happy to be home with my family and my dog. Slept in my own bed and got 8 hours of sleep last night. Was amazing!

J4T - Wednesday
    1. Choose my food wisely, with my brain and not my emotions.
    2. Kick the sugar habit all over again
    3. Hydrate with water and non-caffeinated drinks
    4. Try to get caught up on outstanding work emails. Focus on tasks at hand since I was gone teaching for so long.
    5. Be kind to myself. Trust myself and have confidence that I am good enough.
    7. Unpack, put everything away, show my family how much I missed them and get my laundry done.
    8. Do monthly bills tonight.
    9. Read next chapter of Simple Abundance, and also next chapter of Choosing Life One Day at a Time.
    10. Gratitude Journal
    11. Get ready tonight for work tomorrow (pack lunch, set out clothes, alarm, get laptop and papers together)
    12. Be in bed by 9:00, unplugged from social media, and get some rest for return to office tomorrow.

February Goals
    Lose 2 lbs
    Work up to exercising 4 times a week routinely
    Find 5 things I'm grateful for every single day and journal them
    Increase the amount of water I drink on a routine basis.

2017 Word: Serenity (I am on a quest to find peace and serenity in this crazy hectic world in 2017.)

• kirbygirl41
    edited February 2017
    Options
    2/15
    Walk 2 miles with dog :( My video workout that I did yesterday was more than my body was used to. I woke up VERY sore today. I had a hard time even moving.
    8000 steps for day :( Only made 6000
    Log all food and stay under goal :)
    Clean house. :)
    Call Sears and find out how much longer before my washing machine parts come in. (Found out my washing machine parts are on back order :s. Now I wait for 24-48 hour to find out if Sears is going to give me a new washer or attempt to make me wait till April for the parts. I am trying to remain calm.)
    Read and study. :)

2/16
    Do a lite workout for about 20 minutes
    Steps 7000
    Drink 32 ounces of water
    Read and study.
    Clean out refrigerator and pantry

This accountability is really helping me! I am having a great week of watching what I eat, drinking more water, and getting some consistent exercise. Thanks everyone!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    Goals for Weds
    - take meds - yes this I did
    - Stay within calories - may or may not have done, I certainly ate more than the last 2 days but didn't log
    - Shopping day - make good choices - yep
    - Attempt to shift this cold? - kind off, I have started to mend but feel like I've lost my momentum
    - Attempt gym / although not likely - yep didn't happen! That's my first month free nearly out the window!

Goals for Thurs
    - take meds
    - Log and stay within calories
    - Get fresh air!
    - Confirm nursery placement

General Goals for Feb
    - Remain consistent with water intake
    - Try to workout between 14/28 days (7/28)
    - Lose 4-6lb
    - Word for Feb: Unstoppable

• kirbygirl41
    Options
    2/15
    Walk 2 miles with dog :( My video workout that I did yesterday was more than my body was used to. I woke up VERY sore today. I had a hard time even moving.
    8000 steps for day :( Only made 6000
    Log all food and stay under goal :)
    Clean house. :)
    Call Sears and find out how much longer before my washing machine parts come in. (Found out my washing machine parts are on back order :s. Now I wait for 24-48 hour to find out if Sears is going to give me a new washer or attempt to make me wait till April for the parts. I am trying to remain calm.)
    Read and study. :)

2/16
    Do a lite workout for about 20 minutes
    Steps 7000
    Drink 32 ounces of water
    Read and study.
    Clean out refrigerator and pantry

This accountability is really helping me! I am having a great week of watching what I eat, drinking more water, and getting some consistent exercise. Thanks everyone!

Already know I'll have to change my exercise goal for today to a 2 mile walk. My leg muscles are still screaming from that Kettlebell workout on Tuesday. I can't even do a simple squat. ;)
  • cschmitz110515
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yesterday W 2/15/17
    1) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water - YES 10 :smile:
    2) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs - YES 27 and >9,000 steps w/o treadmill :smile: With the weather becoming nice and snow/ice is melted from the roads where I walk the dog, I really want to start doing our usual 3 - 3.5 mile routes again. Need to get walking outside so I'm ready for the 10K on April 1.
    3) Meditate in afternoon - YES :smile:
    4) Complete evening chores on to-do list - surprisingly YES :smile:
    5) Floss - can I do 3 days in a row? - YES :smiley: b/c last night, I did not want to mark this item a fail! This thread is so good for me, it really makes me accountable! :smiley:
    6) Bedtime by 10:30 w/ TV off - YES 10:22 :smile:

Just for today R 2/16/17
    2) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs (have 2 hour meeting this afternoon, really have to work this in today)
    3) Stick with meal plan and eliminate snacking (yesterday I stayed on track until evening, and when I finally sat down to read the paper and relax, I gorged on dry roasted peanuts, which I logged....of course, that put me way over, and that is not helping me reach me goal weight at all!)
    4) Evening after choir, do errands instead of going straight home
    5) Floss - maybe 4 days in a row?
    6) Bedtime by 10:30 w/ TV off (would really like to read one chapter in my book, but need to make time)

• SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm new. Great thread.

Today Do:
    ~Stick to my eating plan.
    ~Drink more water.
    ~Weightlifting: leg press, leg curls, leg extensions, deadlifts.
    ~Log everything.
    ~Get eight hours of sleep.

Today Don't:
    ~Touch that box of Valentine Godiva.
    ~Eat anything coworkers leave on the share table.
    ~Give up.
  • KayHBE
    Options
    2/15

Put slow cooker on ✔️
    Drink 100 oz water✔️✔️
    Have a lunch time walk✔️
    Walk around the parking lot right after work❌❌
    Plan tomorrow dinner✔️
    Make ahead lunches✔️
    Make refrigerator oats.✔️✔️

2/16.

Do more walking before dinner time.
    Up my healthy fats
    Work up to a daily goal of 12,001 steps
    100 oz of water

Happy Thursday
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    Absent here for a few days - and paying the price LOL!!! I don't know why I binge eat, and it is frustrating. I feel sick afterwards, so I should know better. Thats why, for me, taking this one day at a time does help.

SO JFT, THursday
    1. NO binge eating. Be mindful of everything I put in my mouth. Remember that awful feeling after eating way too much - especially junk stuff that does nothing but add on pounds.
    2. drink water. Concentrate on 2 glasses with each meal. WHy is this so hard for me to do!!! For you water drinkers, can you give me secrets, or tell me how you get all the water in? I've tried flavored waters, but they upset my stomach. (I guess on the plus side of that, is that I won't eat :) )
    3. get in 30 minutes exercise. ALready done!!
    4. lay out workout clothes for tomorrow morning.
    5. no snacking at quilt meeting tonite. Drink only water. Just because there is free food - nothing is free!
    6. get back on here tomorrow -- be accountable!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day.! I