Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 How are you feeling? I hope your back is better!

My back is much better, thanks! It's my problem area. Good reason for me to begin cross-training again and strengthen my core. :blush:

So glad your eval went well. I think many of us are our own worst critics. :smiley:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Please don't give up! This thread exists b/c of you, and you are such an inspiration to me with all you do. Quit logging food for a few days if you need to take a break. I can relate to that, because I used to log "points" with WW and it became SO tiresome. But then I quit tracking altogether, and gained all my hard weight-loss (50#) back. Don't let not logging be an excuse to eat anything & everything. Remember Christmas!

Thanks--- you guys are the best :) And you are so right! I lost 45 pounds with WW, and once I gained 4 pounds where I could no longer go for free (I had reached lifetime), I stopped going. The weight came back on. THose meetings were my support system. YOU GUYS are my support system! So thank you!!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    1. Exercise 20 minutes, doesn't matter what. no
    2. Weigh and log everything. yes!
    3. Pre-plan all my meals for the day and cook several different meals with the food that's in my fridge. yep
    4. Draw something. I've been so busy doing festivals and managing my Etsy shop and building my website that it has been weeks since I've created anything. no

Hoping to do better than 50% today.

JFT:
    1. Weigh and log everything.
    2. Exercise 20 minutes
    3. Do 45 minutes of housecleaning
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    1) Enjoy lunch with friends :D It was awesome. I think I have made a real new friend (you know, one you can talk with about a lot of things, not just one you occasionally have lunch with).
    2) Be productive at work :/ Not really, no. I was so tired. It is very hot and humid today, too.
    3) Do not freak out. Life has not ended. That was fine. I am fine.

In fact, I am fairly happy. Went to the gym again after a full week of not going for multiple reasons (too tired, family, plans with friends that got cancelled in the end and so on). It wasn't my most productive workout, but I did my best.
    I will have four days of not going to work in a row now and look forward to that. I need to refill my batteries. While I still will work on my thesis, clean the house, go to the gym, cook, buy groceries and all that, I can do this whenever I feel like it. And tomorrow I will start with a special plan:

Just for tomorrow:
    1) Sleep as long as I feel like it.
    2) Spend the day on the couch, sleeping, relaxing, reading, playing, watching movies, doing whatever but not thinking about anything that is related to any problem or making me sad. Do this as long as I want. If I really need it the whole day.
    3) Do not feel guilty about all the work that needs to be done. There are three more days to do it. And there are many more days in my life anyway.
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Soooo, the meeting with my boss went OK. I'm SUPER relieved right now. My stress levels came down enough to make me relax and stop begin sick (my nerves directly affect my digestion, so I've been running to the bathroom for the past 24 hours).

As a result, I've been sticking to my meal plan for today (except for a tiny home-made cookie which was not a deal-breaker), so I'm happy. I'm well on my way to staying within my limits and drinking lots of water. I plan on exercising a bit tonight with my hubby if he's feeling up to it.

I have to catch up on this fantastic thread and reply to you all! I'm hoping to do that tonight. I just wanted to give you a little update. Have a wonderful day!
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I'm curious, what are all your calorie limits?

Mine was 1230 and now 1670 to give more to baby but I'm still ravenous!!

Just wondering what everyone else's is at!

Mine is 1510, but I hover between that and 1600 and can still lose. (For the sake of context though... I WAS eating roughly 3000-4000 cals a DAY before I began this journey). So I didn't need a 1200 cal goal to see a difference. For my lifestyle, anything under 1500 unrealistic and unsustainable.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    I've just had 200g of mash and 4 sausages and I'm peckish already!!

So British! lol :smiley:
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Tuesday:
    1. 60 minutes of walking :neutral: eh...probably not quite enough walking!
    2. under 100G carbs :)
    3. under 1200 cals :)
    4. 8+ freggies :)
    5. 10+ C water :)

Wednesday:
    1. 60 minutes of walking
    2. under 100G carbs
    3. under 1200 cals
    4. 8+ freggies
    5. 10+ C water
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,108 Member
    Options
    I've just had 200g of mash and 4 sausages and I'm peckish already!!

So British! lol :smiley:

:sweat_smile:
    Can't go wrong with bangers and mash :wink:
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I am reposting my goals again, and adding a few.

I've been reading about volume eating. Lots of veggies to fill me up, but fewer calories. I think I need to eat more - otherwise I am so hungry at nite, and that leads to the binging. Last nite, I was hungry all nite. I don't know if it was cravings or what, but no matter what, I still wanted to eat. So I looked at what I was eating during the day! Breakfast was just 1 egg (my usual). Lunch was cantalope, 1 slice of whole wheat bread, and 1/2 cup cottage cheese (again, my usual). Dinner was just 3 oz of chicken cacciatore, and a corn on the cob. Then ... I was hungry at 8. So, I had some walnuts (not very low in calories!). Then a Outshine juice bar. Then some shredded wheat chex! Geez!

I had many people at the gym tell me I need to eat more during the day, so this is what I am going to try to do. Not more calories per say ... but more volume. Its called volume eating - you know - filling up on more healthy foods, like tons of veggies and fruits.

I work out at the gym now 5-6 x a week, 90 minutes. I get frustrated that I am not losing more quickly. I do feel better, and many shorts that I used to not be able to wear, now fit me. So I know I am toning up more. But still .... I want that scale to get at least into the 180s.

I used to be a night eater/snacker too. Eating a much more substantial breakfast and getting a lot of liquid early in the day helped me to break that habit.

More veggie volume is a good idea, but it also sounds like you need more protein. Go wild...have two eggs and a whole cup of cottage cheese! :)
  • PrincesseAly23
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @wanderinglight That was a beautiful thing your husband did! I'm so glad he is ok and am so touched by your story. May God bless you both richly. Thanks so much for sharing!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

JFT, 8/30/17

1. Log all food :)
    2. Keep in green :)
    3. Get up at 6:30 :)6:17 actually
    4. Quiet time :)Did it and loved it!
    5. Look into C25K apps :)
    6. Yoga :)Did a quick morning sequence but since I have more time tomorrow I'm going to do a longer one
    7. Call doctors!!!!!!! :DMUST DO TOMORROW MORNING!
    8. Bed by 11 :)Since it's not yet 10 and I have already done all of my bedtime things and am sitting in bed about to turn my laptop off, I think I can give this a big YES

Had another great day! I think that now that I have actually really gotten a hold of how to do this banking thing I am having a really good time with it. Although, tomorrow I have to start making sales calls. I could yell and scream and refuse to do it or just shut up and stop caring if I sound stupid and just do it and MAYBE something out of it. We shall see. And I did a really stupid thing and tried to send a telling text message of me complaining about my DH to my Godmommy and instead sent it to the DH instead!!! Oiy! I laughed hysterically and he just kind of harrumphed and went about his business...which didn't solve the whole reason I was complaining! Ugh! Lol.

So onward!

JFT 8/31/17

1. Log all food
    2. Keep in green
    3. Quiet time
    4. Yoga
    5. D1W1 C25K
    6. MAKE DOC APPOINTMENTS
    7. Make work phone call!!!
    8. Yummy dinner
    9. Talk with DH
    10. Bed by 11

• cschmitz110515
    Options
    @wanderinglight That is amazing how you and hubby took a horrible situation and made such a positive difference! Best wishes and safe travels. :)
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @wanderinglight - So wonderful that your husband was able to help. All of this is so devastating, and so hard to watch. So happy that you and your husband were able to help these little animals. God Bless you guys, and hopefully your husband also makes it back home safely.
  • mytime6630
    Options

I used to be a night eater/snacker too. Eating a much more substantial breakfast and getting a lot of liquid early in the day helped me to break that habit.

More veggie volume is a good idea, but it also sounds like you need more protein. Go wild...have two eggs and a whole cup of cottage cheese! :)

Thanks so much for the suggestion! I know you always get a lot of freggies in, so I did so much better today, but I will remember this for evening snacks!
  • mytime6630
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thursday
    1. concentrate on drinking water - 2 glassed with each meal :)
    2. read my responses cards to remind myself of why I want to lose weight :)
    3. visualize how I will look and feel when I am at my goal weight :)
    4. drink water in the evenings. :) Going to go and fill up my water bottle now
    5. CLOSE the kitchen. If I don't have it planned, don't eat it. Drink water ... wait 10 minutes :)
    6. eat slowly. Enjoy every bite. :)
    7. Aim for 10 cups of veggies and fruits today - eat more volume :) I ate SO much today --- but yet, I kept my calories around 1560, which I think will still be OK
    8. go to the grocery store - stock up on veggies, cut them up, ready to snack if needed :/ Didn't have time to do this, but I have lots of frozen veggies here
    J

JFT, Friday
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. aim for 10 cups of veggies and fruits thoughout the day
    4. concentrate on more protein (thanks @azulvioleta6 )
    5. work in the yard
    6. fish fry tomorrow - but only eat one piece. Order green beans with our fish - eat more of those, and less french fries!
    7. Rewash patio windows!