Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,595 Member
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories / sometimes too much. My weaknesses: my sweet tooth, especially chocolate, and portion control. I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments.]

Height 5'4"
    GW #1: 150
    GW #2: 145
    Ultimate Goal Range: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    August Goal: lose 4# and reach 170

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations
    6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    7/1 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    7/8 = 177.5
    7/15 = 176.5
    7/22 = 175.0
    7/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    8/5 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    8/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    8/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    8/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise that low :wink:

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me. :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,595 Member
    @OConnell5483 Your hubby does beautiful woodwork!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Skipped yesterday for goals and for logging. So today:

JFT:
    1. Meditate
    2. Weigh and log EVERYTHING
    3. Work on breathing exercises and limit my time watching the news. My husband is currently stuck in Houston and I'm anxious about his safety. I know he will be safe but it's hard not to worry.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,241 Member
    Busy day again, so my goals will be simple
    1. log all food
    2. keep calories within guidelines - 1300-1400 cal
    3. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning. (Already went today! 40 minutes on the ellipitical, which is new for me! Decided to switch it up from the treadmill, since my ankles were hurting!)
    4. drink water - 2 glasses with each meal
    5. plan meals for the week. Still have not done this - something I am terrible at
    6. work on PC boards, bookkeeping for business
    7. try and wash at least 3 doors today. I finished all the windows on the inside! Now, just have to do the outside, but not today!

Hope you all have a good day. I'll catch up more with reading - lots of posts to read!

• mytime6630
    @OConnell5483 The woodworking is just beautiful that your husband does! My dad and brother used to do workworking - love it!
  • mytime6630
    Weekly weigh-in

Starting weight Jan 1: 217
    Current weight 195.6!!
    Goal weight:175
    (5'11" tall)

Progress so far:
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2
    August 1: 195.6

Month of August: Goal is to lose 4 lbs

August 1: 195.6
    August 6 195.4
    August 14: 193.8 :):):)
    August 21 - 195. Well, I have no one to blame except myself - 2 or 3 days of overeating. But .... I DID see 193 on the scale, so maybe next week
    August 28- 193. I seem to be going in circles, but, at least I not steadly going up. But ... sure wish the scale would move more, but trying not to get discouraged.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Good morning everyone!!!! @OConnell5483 You're husband has quite the talent. My Dad did some woodworking too! He actually made my mom a new jewelry box for Christmas a few years ago. It was beautiful.

I dont think I hit a single goal yesterday and I cant find the post. Lol. So here's a new list of goals for today!

JFT, 8/28/17

1. LOG ALL FOOD!!!!
    2. Keep in green
    3. Dishes
    4. Take a short walk
    5. Yoga
    6. Read Bible
    7. Meditate, pause, pray(thanks @cschmitz110515 for this one!)
    8. Fold laundry
    9. Bed by 10:30
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Hey Bex! I couldn't send these in pm. Hope nobody miss I posted these for you. Here are some wood projects DH has made for me.

The woodwork is amazing, I hadn't seen the pics before I pm'd you back!!!
  • Bex953172
    Hey everyone

Sooooo you know when I said I gained 4lbs? (What day was that Saturday?)
    I weighed myself again today and I was 168? So I had lost 2lb from my original weight?!
    I double and triple checked in different areas of the house incase the floor was dodgy but nope!

So very conflicted results?
    Should I just weigh myself again in a couple of days?
  • HGSmith0920
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I'm also not going to be posting goals as much

My mental health is getting affected by the amount of time I spend on my phone. I'm using it as an escape from my life due to my depression and it's not doing my any good!
    I put it in my draw Sunday morning and now (Monday evening) in that time I've got so much done!
    And my mood has shot up :)
    Actually felt happiness today!

I'm still logging on every day.. just for an hour a day to get all my stuff on my phone done!

Also instead of posting goals I've done this instead
    My new layout for my bullet journal

w6xk2hrb4xfb.jpg

This is amazing Bex! I think I am going to try something like this!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited August 2017

Saturday:
    1. 2-hour fruit harvest (hiking...with blueberries!) :)
    2. do a bit of careful salsa dancing (outdoor concert) :)
    3. drink at least 10C water :)
    4. take day off from food tracking :)

Should have had more water or some low-cal Gatoraide...dancing outdoors in 90+ degree heat dehydrated me too much and I spent Sunday with a horrible headache.

My gym is closed all week for annual cleaning, so I am going to have to get creative with exercise this week! A bit frustrating since I have just gotten back on track with exercise and because I really need the weight machines to do physical therapy on my knee.

Monday:
    1. plan and pre-track exercise for the week
    2. walk and swim outdoors (100 degrees today!)
    3. under 100G carbs
    4. under 1200 cals
    5. 8+ freggies
    6. 10+ C water
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited August 2017
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    8/28 Monday JFT:

Alrighty, time to get back on track and get serious.

✔Awake early
    ✔Prep school lunches
    ✔Kiddos to school :)
    ✔Attend class
    ❌Purchase lab materials --> store was closed
    ✔Grocery Shop
    ✔Organize kitchen
    ❌Run on elliptical
    ✔Day 1 - Restart Plank Challenge
    ❌Pick up kiddos ~ 4 / 5 pm (after-school care)
    ❌Jui-Jitsu (either today OR Wednesday)
    ✔Dinner by 8 pm
    ✔Bedtime by 11 pm

I didn't have time to run on my elliptical bc football practice was delayed due to lightning. However, the coaches never informed the parents so we all sat around for an hour waiting on practice to be over :# If they had told us, then I wouldn't have wasted and hour sitting in my vehicle waiting!

Now that I've vented, moving on..... I am exhausted and ready for an early night (gotta take 'em while I can get 'em). I'll try to catch up on reading post in the next couple of days.
  • HGSmith0920

JFT, 8/28/17

1. LOG ALL FOOD!!!! :)
    2. Keep in green :)
    3. Dishes :)Did the ones left over from yesterday but have yet to do the ones from tonight!
    4. Take a short walk :/
    5. Yoga :/
    6. Read Bible :)
    7. Meditate, pause, pray(thanks @cschmitz110515 for this one!) :)
    8. Fold laundry :/
    9. Bed by 10:30 :)Doing this and then hitting the hay

Had a very unproductive day today. And now I have a full 5 day work week which is a little weird for me because I usually only work 4 days a week. But hey I'll take the hours when I can get them! I did manage to do some self-care things for myself today and spent a bunch of time on the couch with the DH. He played video games and I did some stuff on my laptop so that was nice. Made a quick dinner but I guess there was too much cheese in the dish because the DH's stomach is upset. He's lactose intolerant, but the symptoms are worse than usual tonight. Tomorrow it's back to the grind...oh well. At least it's at the office I like. I'm going to try and spend an hour pacing/standing instead of spending my whole shift sitting down. I need to start doing something active because my back is starting to hurt. I've been toying around with the idea of doing a C25K program. I tried it a few years ago and ended up spraining my ankle. But I think I may try it again but be super smart about it. I wasn't stretching before I would go running so that was probably the problem. We'll see. I'm also going to try and get myself back into the habit of going to bed earlier so I can get up earlier. I dont like how I have been getting out of bed five minutes before I have to leave! I need to break that off of me. I find I have much better days when I can wake up early and get some me time in. So we're gonna try that tomorrow morning!

JTF 8/29/17

1. Log all food
    2. Keep in calories
    3. Get up at 6:30
    4. Get in quiet time(Bible, meditate, pray)
    5. Keep drawer balanced
    6. Look into C25k apps
    7. Yoga
    8. Call doctors and make appointments(Neuro/GYN/LCSW)
    9. Bed by 10 pm

Have a great night everyone!
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    @cschmitz110515 Congrats on your awesome weight loss journey so far! You are literally on the same trajectory as me! I started at 201 but want to be 145! I'm also adamant that this is NOT a diet but a new life style where I watch my portions and eat healthily. You've given me some inspiration!!
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Day 5 (Aug 28) goals:
    - No restaurant food!❎ (A friend of mine was celebrating because she got a new job and we went out for lunch. It was a dinky little Thai place and they didn't have salad so I got a soup and veggie roll. Not the healthiest, but better than a plate full of greasy/salty noodles. Then I ate a salad for dinner and consumed copius amounts of water. Im really hoping that the scale is still kind to me tomorrow!)
    - No unhealthy snacks✅
    - Keep calories under goal✅
    - Keep carbs under 90❎✅(Darned resturaunt food put me over 90, HOWEVER, because I did an hour of swimming my carb limit for the day went up! So in was technically still under my carb allotments! Yay for exercise!)
    - Walk❎✅ (Went for a 1h swim instead!)

Day 6 (Aug 29) Goals: I know I'm out for a company lunch tomorrow so my goals are to:
    - Not over-eat
    - Exercise
    - Not sabotage all my hard work!!!
    - Not snack at night
    - Log EVERYTHING!!!
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    skymningen wrote: »

1) Do not expect the news from the fellowship to come in today. I have been doing this for a full week now and it wears me out. It did not come in. I still kind of expected it to.
    2) If there are news, cope like an adult. Don't rely on others to cheer you up. At least in that department I was fine.
    3) Eat. (I stop eating when I am nervous.) Uh... Did eat too little. But did eat.

I decided to take off Thursday and Friday from 'official' work and just work on my thesis, go to the gym, maybe meet friends and relax on those days. Just so I don't lose my mind.

@Bex953172 I would account the weight jumping around to pregnancy and just shrug it off for now. I definitely love your bullet journal! I used to try and do this for two months a year ago, but I just am not that creative with this stuff so I stopped. I still think bullet journals are awesome. :)

JFT:
    1) Get stuff done at work.
    2) Have a fun girls night with friends. Do not get sad and sentimental, see the positives.
    3) Be in bed at midnight.
    4) Eat enough.
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    My Monday goals were mostly met. The weather was glum but I can't complain as it has been so nice. AND I DID NOT do yardwork... just kind of down here and feeling like I can not get life done.
    For today, Tuesday, hold tough on calories, make exercise happen, do one hour of house garbage and clutter fighting, assist son to do 6 lessons, and it is my day to help at Family Heritage Center. That's FIVE.
    I hope you all are well and mostly high and dry--thinking of those in Texas.

Tidewater Virginia
  • Bex953172
    skymningen wrote: »
    @Bex953172 I would account the weight jumping around to pregnancy and just shrug it off for now. I definitely love your bullet journal! I used to try and do this for two months a year ago, but I just am not that creative with this stuff so I stopped. I still think bullet journals are awesome. :)

Yeah I think you're right because today it's 172?
    Lol!
    I literally have no idea what I weigh!!

I get the layout ideas from Pinterest and finally found one that suits me properly!
    The only thing now is that because I'm not using my phone as much I need to find my fitness band to know how many steps I'm doing!
    And I have noooooo idea where it is!
  • jasummers76
    jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
    1 I have slacked off with the measuring of my food. Keep measuring and weighing my food. I have been doing it for about a year but I feel like I may be letting in some unneeded calories.

2 be happy with where I am at and not upset about where I want to be

3 be grateful And humbled by those who have helped me learn a better way to a better life